Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Now that i’ve actually read it;
    The soviet super soldiers- i’d like to know more about them, specifically, why ursa major is permanently a bear; what crimson dynamo’s back story is, and what exactly is chernabog.
    I suspect you can find more about Chernobog here
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I suspect you can find more about Chernobog here
    Or here.

10char.

An alternate version of Chernobog can be found here http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix5/chernobogexiles.htm

If Red Widow is Natasha, then Ava Orlova, the other (teenage) Red Widow, probably won't be pleased.

About the team makeup, Champions is indeed currently mostly female - 5 to 3 ratio. But in January's new #1, there's four new members (and more in later issues). Two are male (teen Falcon and Patriot, who worked with the team in Secret Empire), one is female (Bombshell, a friend of Miles), and the last one is a new character who we only know is Indian. If that new member is male, that's an even 6-6 split.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Even if Champions has more female characters for an arc or two, it's no excuse for Marvel's flagship to have so few of them.
    Notice how in Wolverine's vision of the future there are exactly zero women? Avengers should be way more inclusive than that, considering all the great characters still without a team.

All this talk of the male/female mix of the team does highlight the more genral issue of the notion that Marvel has a trinity like DC. For starters I have always felt DC’s trinity is contrived, but Marvel more so. Surely the founding Avengers team demonstrates this clearly, as well as how the line-up developed over time. For me an Avengers team isn’t complete without Hawkeye for example, for others The Wasp is a core character that can’t be removed, for some Pietro and Wanda should always be there.

Now, I know Aaron has only just begun exploring the idea of what an Avengers team should be, and his method usually involves challenging the notions he sets up early on. I doubt this core idea of seven avengers and one rotating member will always hold true and may be challenged by events. However, the BC Avengers also have this same mix, so the ratio may be a deliberate choice for now.

Incredible Member

If there's an international heroes summit, where is Alpha Flight?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Drinking beers in space.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    We don't know that they won't show up. Zubs Champions indicated that in addition to the temporary stint in space under Carol Danvers, there's still been an operational ground team. I'll be super bummed if some representatives don't show up at the summit

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Even if Champions has more female characters for an arc or two, it's no excuse for Marvel's flagship to have so few of them.
    Notice how in Wolverine's vision of the future there are exactly zero women? Avengers should be way more inclusive than that, considering all the great characters still without a team.
    Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous that only 1/4 of the characters on the Avengers right now are women. I do understand why all the characters are there, and obviously the 8th slot is a rotating membership, but when Black Widow, Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Spider-Woman, Medusa etc. aren't on team books (I'm including Janet b/c she's not a fully fledged member, and Wanda b/c No Road Home isn't an ongoing) then it makes sense to include them among 'Earths mightiest heroes' right?

I would suggest moving Robbie Reyes to the Champions or putting him on a reinvented Young Avengers title. I love Ghost Rider, but I'm not sure he fits in with his teammates, and he's taking up a spot that could be otherwise allocated to a seasoned Avenger.

I also want to see the guest spot go to some female characters. So far we've had Doctor Strange & Blade, and the visions indicate that Iron Fist, Moon Knight, Man-Thing & Punisher are potential candidates down the line. I'd like to see Jean Grey, Clea, Valkyrie, Hellcat, Silk, Songbird etc. Mix it up a little.

so who represents regions of Africa besides, well, Black Panther?

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I would suggest moving Robbie Reyes to the Champions or putting him on a reinvented Young Avengers title. I love Ghost Rider, but I'm not sure he fits in with his teammates, and he's taking up a spot that could be otherwise allocated to a seasoned Avenger.
    This is exactly why he needs to stay. The Avengers will always need new blood who can come at things with fresh eyes. The issue of characters like Falcon, Vision, Spectrum, and the twins not having a real place is caused by the strange decision to just not have a third Avengers title. By the time No Road Home launches, they could've just told that same story in a monthly book instead of a weekly event, and then continued with more.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    This is exactly why he needs to stay. The Avengers will always need new blood who can come at things with fresh eyes. The issue of characters like Falcon, Vision, Spectrum, and the twins not having a real place is caused by the strange decision to just not have a third Avengers title. By the time No Road Home launches, they could've just told that same story in a monthly book instead of a weekly event, and then continued with more.
    I get that. And I agree, fresher characters are sometimes needed to revitalize the title, and to be a POV character. My problem is that there are a LOT of Avengers not getting any panel time, and with Aaron's Avengers so focused on the A-Listers, Waid/Ewing/Zub's Avengers being a limited series and West Coast Avengers hardly being an Avengers team at all, I think there's room for improvement in having a more inclusive and diverse selection of Avengers.

West Coast Avengers is hardly an Avengers title, and really should have been dubbed New Warriors, Force Works or something of that caliber. Slapping the Hawkeyes on the team isn't really enough when the other members are Ms. America, Gwenpool, Kid Omega & Fuse. I would have liked to have seen at least one other known Avenger join the team full time (preferably an OG WCA); Wonder Man, Tigra, Lightning, Quicksilver, Machine Man or Mockingbird all would have been great.

As for No Road Home, I'm really glad that some more Avengers are getting the spotlight, but the title is limited only, and it still doesn't account for everyone.

What I'd like to see in 2019 is the launch of a New Avengers or Mighty Avengers title with some other characters, preferably occupying Avengers Mansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so who represents regions of Africa besides, well, Black Panther?
    There's an Egyptian hero, Scarlet Scarab, who hasn't been seen in years and is due for an updated take. Beyond that, I can think of a few (Dr. Crocodile from the Captain Britain series, Midnight Sun) who also deserve some kind of comeback, but it seems like it's pretty sparse in terms of non-Wakanda Africa. That's not taking characters tied to the X-offices into account, who are probably all part of one of the X-teams vs. staying on the continent.

There really should be a group united to protect the African continent overall, if not teams for the individual countries.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

How have other African nations (preferably real ones) responded to Wakandan leadership in the 616? All I can recall are fake countries like Azania who obviously aren't fans.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    There's an Egyptian hero, Scarlet Scarab, who hasn't been seen in years and is due for an updated take. Beyond that, I can think of a few (Dr. Crocodile from the Captain Britain series, Midnight Sun) who also deserve some kind of comeback, but it seems like it's pretty sparse in terms of non-Wakanda Africa. That's not taking characters tied to the X-offices into account, who are probably all part of one of the X-teams vs. staying on the continent.

There really should be a group united to protect the African continent overall, if not teams for the individual countries.
    There is also
    Vibranium http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/vibraniumbaru.htm
    Coal Tiger http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/coaltigerimpala.htm
    Afrikaa http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix2/afrikaamuk.htm
    possibly Voortrekker who was coerced into working withe the Supremacists

Last edited by Lonewolf36; 11-27-2018 at 04:38 PM.