Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Frankly, i’d Like it if they dropped the avengers 100000 angle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    yeah, really. how is it even relevant? how many times are they going to reveal a new founding avengers? kind of loses its meaning after awhile. Christ, now Sabretooth's a founder.
    In 100% agreement with you two. There is not one thing I care about with the First Avengers storyline, but I'm loving the Namor story and everything to do with issue #700.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    In 100% agreement with you two. There is not one thing I care about with the First Avengers storyline, but I'm loving the Namor story and everything to do with issue #700.
    yeah, i'm onboard because of the art and because i'm curious why Namor is suddenly out to flood the surface again.

Astonishing Member

I don't mind stories about the past, but this idea of them being the first Avengers or anyone other than the actual founders is nonsense and imo just devalues the brand

and to be honest I've not found any of the 1000000bc stuff remotely interesting

Fantastic Member TrooperCameron's Avatar

same here. but his costume is the one more associated with the Squadron Sinister Hyperion. I don't know if that's intentional or not. if they are working for Ross, they might be antagonists. I noticed that they didn't use the version of Blur from the New Universe (last seen being recruited by Jim Hammond/SHIELD on a probationary status). and the Warrior Woman could basically be any of the several versions that we've seen. the original lost her powers when she arrived in this realm. and the other one was legit evil and a succubus. I wonder if this is a 'thunderbolts' situation; with Coulson unwittingly recruiting bad guys.
    Could be a Thunderbolts thing. And Joaquin aka Nighthawk is the Rick Flag of the team. Hope the Warrior Woman is the original from Earth 712 I think.

who? are you thinking of Zarda?

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    [img]https://www.therpf.com/forums/attachments/264522_534322446610169_731263620_n-jpg.183519[g]
    I doubt that version would league up with a group of dudes; especially if she's not the leader.

I didn't even pick up issue 7 because I couldn't care less about that story. It makes zero sense. The Namor arc has been really good. I'm glad I picked these issues up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    cool.

which comic is that???

never mind, it's from Defenders.
    Last edited by GodThor; 11-16-2018 at 12:29 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I didn't even pick up issue 7 because I couldn't care less about that story. It makes zero sense. The Namor arc has been really good. I'm glad I picked these issues up.
    Yeah me too but i don't like jobbing Avengers all the time . :[]

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Yeah me too but i don't like jobbing Avengers all the time . :[]
    But most of the jobbing is done by Thor rather than the team. Thor is the Worf of the Marvel Universe
    https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p.../TheWorfEffect
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    But most of the jobbing is done by Thor rather than the team. Thor is the Worf of the Marvel Universe
    https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p.../TheWorfEffect

Im hoping wotr brings him back to some worthyness and standing

But I just have no faith in Aaron's work here

I'm sure many will love it

The next arc is about Vampires

As vampire civil war throws the world into chaos, the mysterious Shadow Colonel and his squad of undead revolutionaries have one burning question on their murderous minds: Where is Dracula? And if the Avengers find him first, will the lord of the damned be friend or foe?

COLLECTING: AVENGERS 13-17
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    The next arc is about Vampires
    curious. I hope Blade isn't just joining for one arc. Also I wonder will the situation with the various "known" Marvel vampires will be dealt with at all, such as former Blade ally Hannibal King, Morbius, as well as those Japanese vampires introduced in the X-Men comics a while back. Personally, I'm rather weary of entire groups of good/semi-good/neutral vampires being forced to co-exist with Blade (or rather, vice-versa), given his raison d'être..

Blade is the one-arc guest Avenger, like Stephen was. There'll be an Iron Fist arc, a Moon Knight arc, a Man-Thing arc, etc. The pitch for this book was that it was the Marvel Universe world tour, so a specialized character will be picked out for each part of the world.

I wonder if the X-Men will be involved at all.