Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

I would use Warrior Woman /Hippolyta in the Squadron Supreme.

Avengers 10? Already?

Okay, if I must.

I had no idea that the Crimson Dynamo used keys! If I didn't know better I would say that Aaron just butchered the tech for a cheap joke.

Namor stuff works.

Good to see Gorilla Man.

Tony is drag racing Robbie? That is very cool and in character for each of them. Tony is offering a spiffy new wheelchair. That's...it? That would've been awesome if this book was being written in the 80s but now it kinda' makes Tony look cheap considering the stuff he has now.

Remember Hercuthor? Well now Aaron has moved on to T.I.N.O. (Thor in name only) it's painful.

The three way team brawl was fun and Thor had a memorable fight....just kidding Aaron made him job to the crab and then to the bear. He is the Worf of the Marvel universe now https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p.../TheWorfEffect . She-Hulk pulled a Hulk.

The Squadron Supreme is back? That looks promising.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Love the issue. Breaking it down (spoilers abound obviously) with some highlights for me:

•The use of The Winter Guard who I've always thought were awesome.
    •Enjoying the Defenders of the Deep and how vicious they are (also glad to hear Stingray is alive... I gravitate towards B/C/D listers so didn't want him to be dead).
    •Still loving the new HQ and am very interested in the Agents of Wakanda support staff coming up. Wasp is on it? It's gotta be good.
    •It's small moments that sometimes make an issue, and the convo between Captain Marvel and Thor was incredibly endearing and sweet and funny at the same time. Shows Thor may actually be developing some genuine feelings for Jen, which IMO is awesome. I don't know why these two weren't paired off together YEARS ago.
    •Jen's keeping a secret... that's not going to end well. Love the slow build of this. Love the power up. Love that she's working hard to control the power up. Love that she's loving the power up. Love that for once in an Avengers book there's some sort of She-Hulk development instead of her just being around because she's a good team player.
    •The government being angry because the leader of The Avengers is from Wakanda is something that NEVER occurred to me, but fits very well with today's political climate.
    •I do feel like Aaron needs to make Thor slightly more of a serious threat again during battles. It's Thor. He shouldn't be getting his butt handed to him at every opportunity.
    •VOSTOK and PERUN!!! I legit don't know if I remember reading anything with them in it since The Crossing Line story in The Avengers back in 1990. (I hardcore loved that storyline as a kid, and still do, so seeing these guys was possibly the highlight of the issue for me).
    •Small nitpick. Is it officially Vanguard or officially Red Guardian? Pak and Van Lente had him as Red Guardian like, two months ago in Weapon X, here, he's Vanguard.
    •Red Widow seems very intriguing.
    •She-Hulk kicked major @$$ against The Winter Guard's most powerful members... awesome!
    •The Squadron Supreme of America. I'm intrigued. Thank you for the folks who just in the last few replies remembered there already is a black Nighthawk in Joaquin Pennyworth who even led a team of Defenders (including She-Hulk) for a short run. Don't know whether or not it's him though obviously.
    •The Odin/Ghost Rider bits were the least of the issue, but maybe it's because I'm not a fan of the art? Still, wasn't bad.
    •The splash page with Punisher/Moon Knight/Iron Fist/The Hand etc. is intriguing.
    •WASP!!!!!
    •You know, I've NEVER even given a second thought to Blade as a member of The Avengers... but now that it's happening... gotta say, I'm really interested in it. More so for how he'll interact with the other team members (Blade/Thor, Blade/She-Hulk, Blade/Cap) than anything, but I definitely think he'll make for an interesting new addition.

For THIS board I seem to be in the minority as I've been loving the series since issue one, but this one was definitely firing on all cylinders.

Next issue is possibly the most excited I've been about an issue of The Avengers for a long time. Can't wait to see the She-Hulk/Thor date!
    Last edited by Merrik; 11-15-2018 at 11:49 PM.

Is this the first time we've seen Chernabog in the Marvel Universe?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Merrik View Post
    For THIS board I seem to be in the minority as I've been loving the series since issue one, but this one was definitely firing on all cylinders.
    I've dug it since the start as well but it's been nice to see this book start winning over some of the initial doubters.

This issue was just incredible as far as I'm concerned. I feel like if this one didn't do it for you, I don't know what would.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    I demand a reprint!

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I've dug it since the start as well but it's been nice to see this book start winning over some of the initial doubters.

This issue was just incredible as far as I'm concerned. I feel like if this one didn't do it for you, I don't know what would.
    The art is the only thing really keeping me around. If the writer manages to do something interesting it's a bonus.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Is this the first time we've seen Chernabog in the Marvel Universe?
    Yeah, who is this guy? I can't find much about him anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post

This issue was basically amazing and great. I didn't much care for the beginning of this run and, frankly, I sort of felt like there wasn't much point to the Avengers. It just felt like they were going to go back to their normal stuff and there we go.

But nope. Seeing all these other super teams pop up who have little to no relationship to the Avengers is fun and a well done commentary on current world events.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Yeah, who is this guy? I can't find much about him anywhere.
    Hulk boss fight.

I would use Warrior Woman /Hippolyta in the Squadron Supreme.
    who? are you thinking of Zarda?

Quote Originally Posted by TrooperCameron View Post
    Thanks man, 100% sure your right about Joaquin. Thought Raymond Kane was being brought back, but no way he would work for the government. Joaquin makes sense he was a shield agent. And I hope that is Hickman's Hyperion, I actually liked him.
    same here. but his costume is the one more associated with the Squadron Sinister Hyperion. I don't know if that's intentional or not. if they are working for Ross, they might be antagonists. I noticed that they didn't use the version of Blur from the New Universe (last seen being recruited by Jim Hammond/SHIELD on a probationary status). and the Warrior Woman could basically be any of the several versions that we've seen. the original lost her powers when she arrived in this realm. and the other one was legit evil and a succubus. I wonder if this is a 'thunderbolts' situation; with Coulson unwittingly recruiting bad guys.

Their has been quite a few international super hero teams as well as some state sponsored teams who were basically villains or turned to villainy later on. Most are now defunct or unused but off the top of my head...

Aquria
    Hero Force

Atlantis
    Surf, Deep Six, Defenders of the Deep

Azania
    Supremacists

Canada
    Alpha Flight, Gamma Flight, Beta Flight Omega Flight (U.S.Agent's), Omega Flight (Validator's), Alpha Strike, WeaponP.R.I.M.E.

China
    Ascendants, China Force, Dynasty, Eight Immortals, People's Defense Force

France
    le Bureau Discret, les Heroes de Paris

Hungary
    People's Defense Force

Ireland
    Kinsmen

Italy
    Gemini

Japan
    Big Hero 6

Philippines
    Triumph Division

Russia
    Bogatyri, Exiles/Siberforce, People's Protectorate, Power Corp, Soviet Super Soldiers, Soviet Super-Troopers, Winter Guard

Savage Land
    Alpha Prime

Spain
    Action Force

United Kingdom
    Excalibur, MI-13

Europe
    Champions of Europe, Euroforce (Key's) Euroforce (Black Knight's), SHE (Super Heroes of Europe)

Multinational
    World Federation of Superheroes
    Thats a lot of super teams that ive Never heard of.😳

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    Can we get back to Namor?
    Or avengers 100000 BC?

So many dropped plot points
    Frankly, id Like it if they dropped the avengers 100000 angle.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Frankly, i’d Like it if they dropped the avengers 100000 angle.
    yeah, really. how is it even relevant? how many times are they going to reveal a new founding avengers? kind of loses its meaning after awhile. Christ, now Sabretooth's a founder.