Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

They're finally starting to pull armor designs from Tony's book instead of just using the decade-old one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    David Marquez is too good. That cover looks awesome. I still wish there were more women on the team.
    I wish he was the main artist for this book, not Ed McGuiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What's with Iron Man's chest emblem? It looks different.

I doubt Marquez would make a mistake like that, so does that mean it's plot relevant?
    Plot twist: Tony has been replaced by Brainiac.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    the art at the start of issue 10 I loved, as soon as it shifted for the group fight stage it just felt like it was don't in felt tips imo, so cartoony and not in a good way

Imo

Extraordinary Member

I like McGuiness, just not for this series. I liked it on Wolverine and the X-Men, but here we need something more...normal? I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    He had his own SHIELD maxi and was in Karnak's mini as well.
    There was SHIELD before Secret Wars and Agents of SHIELD after Secret Wars. The Agents book had the TV team.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Well, there's a whole bunch to address here, so I'm just going to break it down into smaller chunks.

1. Defenders of the Deep: Namor, Andromeda, Manowar, Echidna, Bloodtide, Tiger Shark, King Crab & Orka. That's a pretty bloodthirsty crew. I did mention when they first debuted that Crosta, Namora, Namorita and Water Snake didn't make the cut, but I guess Jason Aaron wanted to make clear that this was a group of villains, rather than a collection of Atlantean heroes. Still convinced Namor is possessed or something, going by the coloring of his eyes which he hasn't always had. Also, want to say that I still think this Namor design is by far the best he's ever had.
    Shouldn't those four be angry with Namor, and rebel against him? Or if he's brainwashed, try to rescue him? They shouldn't just no-show.

2. I love that the Winter Guard is back in a big way. I must admit- I had no idea who Vostok, Chernobog and Perun were. Can't say I'm all that interested either. Whiplash, Iron Maiden, Starlight or Sibercat could've been slotted onto the team in their stead, but I suspect their inclusion was to mirror the current Avengers roster. Idk if it was a coloring issue or something, but Darkstars were off, as they were depicted as an orangey color, rather than the typical deep purple or black typically associated with the Darkforce. The Red Widow is mysterious- is she a new character, or Ava Orlova? And why does she look so much like Crimson Cowl?
    Presumably not Ava - no need to conceal her identity if it was her.

5. I've anything against Blade, but I've no freaking clue why Wasp (now an agent of Wakanda for some reason) went out of her way to bring the vampire hunter into the fold. I would assume that he's on THE ALL-NEW SECRET AVENGERS with Wasp, Odin, Ka-Zar & Zabu, Okoye and Gorilla-Man, rather than filling the reserve slot on the primary team, just because I don't think he'd fit. Even so, the 'support staff' is such an eclectic line-up. I really don't get it. Is Aaron just pulling in characters he's fond of?? I mean, I can easily name at least a dozen underused characters (ex-Avengers and otherwise) that'd be way more interesting. Hell, Jimmy Woo would be so much better than Gorilla-Man.
    Blade was recruited for the main team, not the Agents of Wakanda.

7. Mirroring the confusion of other readers with the Starbrand- I thought there was no such thing until Ex Nihilo evolved the planet or whatever. But now Aaron seems to have rewritten that origin, as the implication is that there have been plenty more Starbrands, going all the way back to the Prehistoric Avengers.
    I assume someone else is going to inherit the Starbrand, given Aaron is implying it's a necessity. Jane Foster, Wendell Vaughn, Sam Alexander... I really don't know who, but I think there's a 95% chance someone inherits that star-shaped mark.
    Jane will probably be repowered in War of the Realms, and Sam at some point in Champions. Wendell should just take back the Quasar powers, as his successor, Avril Kincaid, didn't survive Secret Empire.

8. Ugh, Phoenix Wolverine. Logan has been back like five minutes and he's being shoehorned into so many freaking titles. Can't say I'm surprised, as this is the same guy who gave Quentin Quire the Phoenix at one point. Regarding his visions though, there's some interesting stuff in there.
    • Iron Fist- I'm assuming Danny is going to join the team, keeping with that rotating membership Aaron has promised. So he'll likely be around at least for an arc, probably connecting to that Prehistoric Avenger BS. I look forward to seeing his interactions with the rest of the team.
    • Moon Knight & an army of the undead- I wonder if this has anything to do with the cancellation of his solo title? Maybe something that happens in this book will change his status quo.
    • The Punisher teaser threw me. What the hell could Frank Castle be doing that's big enough to rattle the Avengers?
    • Always a plus to see Man-Thing. Fingers crossed for a big mystic mystery arc
    • The War of the Realms event can't come soon enough. Jason Aaron has really worn me out, but I'm hyped for this. The buildup has been so slow and suspenseful, so I hope the payoff is huge.
    Man-Thing is currently involved in Champions, so maybe he's how they get dragged into War of the Realms?

9. Coulson lives! So Wade didn't kill Phil after all (at least not permanently); I must say, I'm surprised to see him back. Even more surprising is the inclusion of the Squadron Supreme, which is assumably an antagonistic incarnation. Which is cool. I did really like the last Squadron though, so a lil bummed it isn't them. Oh well.
    The old Squadron are gone. Hyperion is the only one who might still active as a superhero. Nighthawk died in Occupy Avengers' Secret Empire arc, out of costume. Deadly Nightshade took over the mantle, but when the Occupy Avengers showed up in No Surrender, it was just Red Wolf and Hawkeye. Doctor Spectrum went to live in New Attilan, as it turned out she was an Inhuman. Blur joined SHIELD, so his whereabouts are unknown - this new team has Whizzer instead. And Power Princess had been depowered by an evil Warrior Woman. Thundra had taken that roster spot.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Got my copy today and it was a great read. Really fun and showing big things happening in the future for the Avengers. Loved the race between Ghost Rider and Tony. Tony still trying to prove himself to Howard. I like all of the groups that will be going against the Avengers. I am sad though that Dimitri won't be friends with Tony anymore. They had become really good friends over the years and he really helped Tony out during Worlds Most Wanted. Very cool see Blade on the team.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 11-18-2018 at 05:12 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

so who is going to be the artist for the Blade arc?
    And does Blade get a membership card?

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    They're finally starting to pull armor designs from Tony's book instead of just using the decade-old one.
    It's taken a bit, but I'm glad it's finally happening now.

I really enjoy McGuiness's art, but I would LOVE if Marquez was the regular artist.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 11-18-2018 at 04:13 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Shouldn't those four be angry with Namor, and rebel against him? Or if he's brainwashed, try to rescue him? They shouldn't just no-show.
    It's hard to say. If they're loyal to Namor and to Atlantis then you'd think they'd align with him. But as you say, there's no reason they shouldn't feature at all.
    I forgot Marrina in my original post too.

I thought the same thing. It's strange that they're concealing her identity- either she's a known character or they want that edge of mystery.

Right.. So he's occupying that rotating membership slot. cool cool

Jane will probably be repowered in War of the Realms, and Sam at some point in Champions. Wendell should just take back the Quasar powers, as his successor, Avril Kincaid, didn't survive Secret Empire.
    Quite possibly. Who would you choose to inherit the starbrand?

The old Squadron are gone. Hyperion is the only one who might still active as a superhero. Nighthawk died in Occupy Avengers' Secret Empire arc, out of costume. Deadly Nightshade took over the mantle, but when the Occupy Avengers showed up in No Surrender, it was just Red Wolf and Hawkeye. Doctor Spectrum went to live in New Attilan, as it turned out she was an Inhuman. Blur joined SHIELD, so his whereabouts are unknown - this new team has Whizzer instead. And Power Princess had been depowered by an evil Warrior Woman. Thundra had taken that roster spot.

Agreed. I usually don't mind his art, but I hate his Jen, especially how he never draws her better costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Agreed. I usually don't mind his art, but I hate his Jen, especially how he never draws her better costume.
    I don't mind his art either. I thought his work on Spider-Man/Deadpool was some of his best ever. But there's just some books where it doesn't seem like a great fit and Avengers is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There was SHIELD before Secret Wars and Agents of SHIELD after Secret Wars. The Agents book had the TV team.

Man-Thing is currently involved in Champions, so maybe he's how they get dragged into War of the Realms?

It’ll be interesting to see if thor tries to reconnect with hyperion, since they were friends a while back; i’d like to know more about doctor spectrum being inhuman.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Nazis vampires?
    The best kind, imo. I wish that they had been the villains in one of the Blade movies. They must be part of Baroness Blood's brood since they project electricity (unless that was just Wasp's taser).

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    It’ll be interesting to see if thor tries to reconnect with hyperion, since they were friends a while back; i’d like to know more about doctor spectrum being inhuman.
    The one in this issue appeared to be male. I doubt that we'll see the inhuman spectrum again.