Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Geeze Marvel.

They were less of caricatures during the Cold War.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I kinda thought by your name you would be an Avengers fan lol. If you don't mind me asking. Why do you want the Avengers to get stomped?
    GodThor was ironically saying that more than often the Avengers were being jobbed lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I kinda thought by your name you would be an Avengers fan lol. If you don't mind me asking. Why do you want the Avengers to get stomped?
    it's nice to seem them like that lately.

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    GodThor was ironically saying that more than often the Avengers were being jobbed lol
    haha thanks

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    Let me answer that for digifriend, I think he means this one: http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Ava_Orlova_(Earth-616)
    Yeah, that's the one. Debuted three years ago, hasn't been used much.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

I'm trying to look forward to this, but I just can't seem to care about this team and the way it's handled by Aaron

This will be pivotal in if I stay on or drop the book

I do like soviet team so that's cool but I hope this landmark issue isn't a load of hate directed at the team or its history

And I hope it isn't priced too high either

Liked the art here
    Last edited by kilderkin; 11-09-2018 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Ursa Major last appeared in Tales of Suspense, he was at the Red Room when Black Widow was resurrected.

Red Widow? Is that a new one? It says name unknown but there's a teenage Red Widow we DO know the identity of.
    I will go out on a limb here and say Red Widow will turn out to be Black Widow/Natasha or a revived Yelena Belova who uses the Crimson Widow as an alias on the Avengers cartoon. Is the teen Red Widow from the 616 mainstream marvel earth she was originally supposed to be from the cinematic universe per her creator?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Hmm, Red Widow could be interesting, but what I'm more curious about is how exactly the Avengers are going to end up Earth's most hated heroes.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Is the teen Red Widow from the 616 mainstream marvel earth she was originally supposed to be from the cinematic universe per her creator?
    She changed her mind, and used one of the characters from the novels in Mighty Captain Marvel.
    And also coming in brand new to the book will be some of Carol's Alpha Flight cadets. This team includes a high-tech Wakandan teen, a Tony Stark-level designer named Glory and holdover from the Black Widow/Red Widow books Stohl worked on.
    https://www.cbr.com/secret-empire-go...-polaris-more/
    As for the teens themselves, Dante is a character who first appears in one of my Black Widow YA prose novels, a Latino épée fencer from New Jersey, the son of a cop.
    https://www.newsarama.com/34612-migh...nerations.html
    The universe designation for Red Widow: First Strike has been revised following two interviews in which Margaret Stohl retconned the subsequent novels such that they are now to be considered set in continuity
    https://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Mockin...ersary_Vol_1_1
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That is very cool thanks for that info Digifiend its much appreciated!

I miss Vanguard as part of the Soviet Super Soldiers, I loved his hammer and sickle weapon.
    Atleast the reast of the crew are there though.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

BANNED

I love that Red Widow is a thing, but it's strange that their identity is listed as unknown. If this isn't Ava Orlova, then who is it?

So Ursa Major, Crimson Dynamo, Darkstar, Vanguard + Red Widow. Cool cool. That's still a pretty small team. I wouldn't mind seeing some obscure Russian characters or some new creations joining the crew.

Also excited to see if other countries around the world will put together their own teams again. We know that Alpha Flight, Excalibur and the Peoples Defense Force exist in some capacity. I'd love to see Japanese or Mexican superhero groups for example.

Excalibur does not exist right now. The Braddocks just work alone or as a duo, they don't have a team.

Japan has Big Hero Six - though they'll probably never appear again because Disney have disassociated them from the Marvel brand.

And Alpha Flight isn't really a Canadian team any more even if most of the members are Canadian simply from being holdover from when it was a national team, but Marvel seems to be sticking with their move to space, they are dealing with much bigger things than just Canada. So yeah, quite a few of the national teams seem to have kind of disbanded. But I do like them, it makes the MU seem bigger than just the USA.

Anyway, preview looked fun, and I liked the art. And I don't think they are done with Namor, since his attacks are mentioned in the preview. It may be that a few different teams have (begrudgingly) work together to repel his attacks.
    Last edited by Raye; 11-10-2018 at 05:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    he's a mutant Soviet Super-Soldiers. Been around since the 80s
    I don’t know much about ursa major- i never knew he was always in bear form. And i thought the crimson dunamo was sleeker. But i have to say,i rather like the russian heroes. Has this been the most in depth we’ve seen them?