darkhawk
    photon
    vs
    Kyle Rayner
    Guy gardner
    Hal Jordan
    kilowog
    John Stewart

Who is Photon? Are we talking Monica (currently Spectrum) or Genis (currently between lives)?

Actually, scratch that. Save for whatever random powers the White Lantern currently has, I think either of the above Photons should be good enough to solo. Which is a shame for the lanterns, given that the only other person on Team Marvel they don’t outright beat with a 1v1 is Quasar, who is interchangeable with a single decent lantern, power-wise.

So as a team, with one of the Photons, Team Marvel wins, without a Photon on Team Marvel, DC wrecks ****.

Ehh, Nova is currently Prime again, I think. In which case he's at, "doesn't get flat out murdered by the Surfer", level.

He should be a threat in a 1v1
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ehh, Nova is currently Prime again, I think. In which case he's at, "doesn't get flat out murdered by the Surfer", level.

He should be a threat in a 1v1
    Not really. Nova and Worldmind both acknowledged they had no chance against Surfer, and Surfer even said he was only putting one a show while Galactus's attention was on them, not trying to actually kill Richie.

He's got a shot 1v1 mind you, if he can overload their autoshields with a speed blitz. I think if the Lanterns get to act he's probably in trouble though. Dude can max his shields to weather an attack for a while while World Mind runs star gate calcs, but the Lanterns should be able to get esoteric enough to bypass those shields if no one else is putting pressure on them.

So I heard Monica thought she could destroy the planet. We taking her as a planet buster on top of all her light speed shenanigans? She may be able to win regardless via her own esoterics and relative eternity to try stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Not really. Nova and Worldmind both acknowledged they had no chance against Surfer, and Surfer even said he was only putting one a show while Galactus's attention was on them, not trying to actually kill Richie.

He's got a shot 1v1 mind you, if he can overload their autoshields with a speed blitz. I think if the Lanterns get to act he's probably in trouble though. Dude can max his shields to weather an attack for a while while World Mind runs star gate calcs, but the Lanterns should be able to get esoteric enough to bypass those shields if no one else is putting pressure on them.

So I heard Monica thought she could destroy the planet. We taking her as a planet buster on top of all her light speed shenanigans? She may be able to win regardless via her own esoterics and relative eternity to try stuff.
    Huh. Didn't remember the Surfer's comments there. Only that he didn't get outright stomped, ala, "I'm Sorry, Bill".
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Huh. Didn't remember the Surfer's comments there. Only that he didn't get outright stomped, ala, "I'm Sorry, Bill".
    Yeah, that coupled with Worldmind explaining just how outclassed Richie was makes it a non-feat for Nova.

Nova DOES have good feats, don't get me wrong. That just isn't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Yeah, that coupled with Worldmind explaining just how outclassed Richie was makes it a non-feat for Nova.

Nova DOES have good feats, don't get me wrong. That just isn't one of them.
    Honestly, that was perhaps my favorite take on both the Surfer and Galactus as far as presentation goes.

It was also cool how Surfer ended up helping him at the last second with all the effort of a strained blink to save the evacuees
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure