Default Which anthology series would you DC to bring back?

Not sure if comic readers these days are even interested in monthly anthology series, but which one would you like to see return? Brave and the Bold? DC Comics Presents?

Was there a particular format or style of one of them that you really liked?

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    Not sure if comic readers these days are even interested in monthly anthology series, but which one would you like to see return? Brave and the Bold? DC Comics Presents?

Was there a particular format or style of one of them that you really liked?
    To me, at least, neither The Brave & the Bold nor DC Comics Presents are what I think of as "anthology series". The Brave & the Bold may have started out as a title that frequently changed the lead features, but for more than half of its Silver-Bronze Age run it was more of a "Batman team-up book", while DC Comics Presents was primarily a "Superman team-up title".

How exactly are you defining "anthology series"? Do you mean a title where each issue has multiple featured stories, or are you going more for multiple rotating arcs/stories over the various issues?

I would define it as a monthly series that does not carry the story from one issue to the other. Each issues is a new story, and essentially a one-shot.

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    I would define it as a monthly series that does not carry the story from one issue to the other. Each issues is a new story, and essentially a one-shot.
    You do realize that limited definition would also apply to regular comic books, like say Batman, if they ran a few one-and-done issues in a row?

More Fun Comics

Last edited by Lee Stone; 11-11-2018 at 12:52 PM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I think I'd dig a DC comics presents type series where they can focus on characters that either don't have their own monthly, or are B list characters in other books.

Retired

I'd like to see DC bring back one of the COMICS titles (like ADVENTURE, MORE FUN or ALL-AMERICAN), but those always had a regular feature--and I want a title that is a true anthology type series (in the way that PLAYHOUSE 90 and THE TWILIGHT ZONE were anthologies or BLACK MIRROR is now) with no regular feature or even a regular creative team. While it would be sweet to have anthologies like PLOP!, MYSTERY IN SPACE or YOUNG ROMANCE come back, I think the anthology that would have the best chance of surviving is HOUSE OF MYSTERY.

If I were an editor at DC Comics, I'd bring back Brave and the Bold too, except it'd be three-issue story arcs written by a single writer starring two characters/teams from the DCU. The same artist would be used for the entire series and each writer passing the torch to the next writer would have to work creatively together for a transition to the next characters being featured in the next three issues.

The more odd the pairings and run-ins of the characters featured in the stories, the better.

Incredible Member

Something like Mystery In Space that tells stories of DC's cosmic heroes. DC is too Earth-centric right now. Bring back L.E.G.I.O.N., Captain Comet, Adam Strange, Space Cabbie, Omega Men, Gavyn Starman (now that Justice League thankfully split Prince Gavyn/Will Payton plot line). The galaxy is too big to just focus on the Green Lantern Corp. And the New Gods just seems to focus on New Genesis and Apokolips.