Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Most of the shows at this point are pretty bad though. Really Gotham is the only one I would say stayed consistently high quality. I dropped everything from the CW, Fast forward a lot during the Gifted (really only like the Hellfire Club) Fast forward through commercials and it's less than an hour a week since the shows arn't on at the same time.

Marvel movies are getting really boring and skipable. DC movies are mostly bad. For all the crap put out there really isn't much to watch.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Leopard View Post
    Ok here you go. In three years tops here's your CW lineup.

Sunday night: Supergirl followed by Superman
    Monday night: Arrow followed by Flash
    Tuesday night: Batwoman followed by Nightwing
    Wednesday night: Legends of Tomorrow followed by Legion of Super-Heroes
    Thursday night: Kid Flash (Wally West spinoff) followed by the Atom
    Friday night: Justice League followed by Suicide Squad

You get Saturday nights off.

What's the point of buying comics anymore?

You messed up right at the beginning when you said "here is YOUR cw lineup".the CW is not really my thing,sometimes I can hack it,but most times not so much

Your lineup wasn't really that bad,besides the superboy or young justice show you missed lol

Astonishing Member

There was a time when i could watch every superhero oder fanboy related series/movie etc. The good the bad and the ugly, didnt matter.

Today, no chance in hell. Too many material out there, so i made a list to find out what is below "good" and canceled it.

I have to say it feels good to just watch stuff i really like, and not trying to sleep myself through seasons of Arrow, Flash or Supergirl etc. with bad actors and so many episodes per season where you can tell the stuff in less than half of the episodes.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

If superhero shows keep getting made, I'll keep watching them. Simple as that.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Tbf only the CW network has superhero shows on cable tv. Marvel and DC are gonna shift to streaming services in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    If superhero shows keep getting made, I'll keep watching them. Simple as that.
    Please dont.

Please dont.
    Posts like this make me want to watch them even more.

Please dont.
    This is a Age Of Media Explosion in terms of Streaming services and you also have YouTube, How Many Dramas, comedies, romantic Comedies etc. are there? There are so many TV shows in general, the market will dictate things. I would like to watch Gifted, Cloak & Dagger, Luke Cage and Titans but have yet to make time.

If it's the case, at least it's a bit better than the previous oversaturations of 'Law & Order clones', 'CSI clones', 'Reality Shows' and 'Competition Shows'.
    And superheroes can span multiple genres, so they can have a little more variety.

Of course, that's been a problem with comics, as well. And despite 95% of comics being about superheroes, they still make more.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm more pissed over the amount of streaming services we're getting. I only have the money to sub to about 3 services.
    I think the fragmentation is a fad.
    And once everyone has their own personal dedicated service, and people can't afford them, all the companies will proclaim that digital streaming is dead and that there's no future in it because they're not pulling Netflix or Hulu numbers.
    Everyone's just jumping on the bandwagon right now and wanting a piece of the pie.

Hopefully the offshoots will fail quickly, so the companies will relate the failure with them splintering from a more widespread sevice. The longer it takes to fail, the most likely they'll blame either the content or the audience.

Ok here you go. In three years tops here's your CW lineup.

Sunday night: Supergirl followed by Superman
    Monday night: Arrow followed by Flash
    Tuesday night: Batwoman followed by Nightwing
    Wednesday night: Legends of Tomorrow followed by Legion of Super-Heroes
    Thursday night: Kid Flash (Wally West spinoff) followed by the Atom
    Friday night: Justice League followed by Suicide Squad

You get Saturday nights off.

What's the point of buying comics anymore?
    So they can be slabbed and flipped on ebay.
    They're too expensive for anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    If it's the case, at least it's a bit better than the previous oversaturations of 'Law & Order clones', 'CSI clones', 'Reality Shows' and 'Competition Shows'.
    I still watch reruns of Law & Order (the main one, not the others like "SUV" and such) as well as reruns of a few others, mostly at around 11:00 p.m. before I get ready to hit the sack.

Lmao you can't be serious, do you how many channels and services have their own content now? The superhero show's are going to increase obviously but won't be the only thing out there.

I'm more pissed over the amount of streaming services we're getting. I only have the money to sub to about 3 services.
    This. For years I've laughed at people paying outrageous cable bills while I sit back with my three streaming services and a couple sports apps, and pay less for a full year than these other people pay in a month......and I had more access to more shows than them!

Apparently I laughed a little too loudly, because now my stuff is getting cut to ribbons. Hopefully this whole fragmentation thing falls apart (as Lee suggests) and I can go back to watching all of tv for thirteen bucks a month (or whatever it is that I pay). Of course, subscription costs will be higher after the dust settles......

Please dont.
    Why? Because you personally don't want more superhero shows? That's pretty selfish, innit? The market will decide when too many superhero shows are too many and the networks will react accordingly. But I really don't see this as a likely problem; we've got a billion cop shows, doctor shows, reality shows, etc etc etc. They all co-exist. Superheroes are a bit more of a stretch because of the budget requirements, but even that's not much of an issue these days, given the state of cgi technology and how easy and cheap it's become.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I feel you, I really wish Disney would throw all their stuff on Hulu and call it a day.