The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Default BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY (Queen biopic)

Just saw the BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY film about Queen, and thought it was fantastic. Engaging film about the band, the era, and in particular, the charismatic rock god who was Freddie Mercury. Soundtrack, naturally, was killer (Queen).

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Just saw the BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY film about Queen, and thought it was fantastic. Engaging film about the band, the era, and in particular, the charismatic rock god who was Freddie Mercury. Soundtrack, naturally, was killer (Queen).

It was really good but quite heartbreaking.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    It was really good but quite heartbreaking.
    Yes...though we are spared seeing the details of Freddie's final days (some argue that the film might have been better if it included such scenes) and the film ends on the triumphant note of Live Aid '85.

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Just went to see this film today and I was surprised how much I enjoyed this. I really had a few tears in my eyes just seeing the Live Aid recreation scenes at the end. It made me realize how much I miss this band with Freddie leading them. I never got to see the band play live. I did watch Live Aid as it was happening and I recall watching a recording of one of their concerts in the early days of cable. But it wasn't photographed very well and I can't recall the venue.

The film did compress some of the events as most biopics are wont to do. IIRC Queen didn't have to reunite to play LiveAid. Bob Geldorf was desperately trying to get in touch with them because they were on a tour at the time he was putting all the acts together. Did make for a dramatic reunion in the movie though.

I went to an afternoon showing with a theater about half full. The mix of the ages in the audience surprised me. I'm not a spring chicken but some of the people were older than me. I figure they must be fans going all the way back to the early days of the band in the 1970s. It's one of the few times I've been to a movie where the audience didn't walk out at the end and it wasn't a Marvel movie with a cut scene at the end. When the closing credits starting playing "Don't Stop Me Now" and they did a split screen with the music video, almost every one stayed to enjoy seeing Freddie on the big screen. I give it a solid 3 stars and I can see why there is Oscar talk about Rami Malek.