The SUPERBOY comics were part of my growing up and some of my favourite comics of all time. And I like to think that Kal-El is super from the time he arrives on Earth. And as Bill says in KILL BILL: VOLUME 2, he's always Superman. So even if he doesn't have an official codename, when he's two or when he's twenty-two, he's a Superman. And the Kents being aware of this do things to help Clark, from the day he comes into their arms, so he will be able to function on Earth as a Superman. They don't have to see the future to envision the road ahead for their son.

I also take the view that the Superboy stories don't have to be canon, they can be apocrypha. There are several apocryphal gospels about Jesus as a little boy. There are tall tales told about Hercules and Davey Crockett and Laura Ingalls Wilder and Thomas Edison when they were children. So maybe the Adventures of Superman when he was a boy are legends. Perhaps DC should do those comics as a Johnny DC on the level of a SUPERGIRL: COSMIC ADVENTURES IN THE 8TH GRADE. But if they did that, I'd prefer it to be about him as Superbaby--or at least a much younger Clark (eight years old or younger).