Default Marvel's 80th anniversary one-shots - Gunhawks, Love Romances, and Ziggy Pig!

https://www.newsarama.com/42685-marv...illy-seal.html
    Press Release

In celebration of Marvel’s 80th Anniversary, Marvel is excited to kick off 2019 with a series of special one shots, from a variety of superstar writers and artists!

First announced at New York Comic Con, Marvel is excited to announce an additional series of one shots on sale this February – including the return of Ziggy Pig and Silly Seal! Frank Tieri (Wolverine, Space Punisher) and Jacob Chabot (Marvel Super Hero Adventures) will bring back the comedy duo in an all-new adventure, while Eisner winning writers David and Maria Lapham (Stray Bullets) and Luca Pizzari (Weapon X) will share an Old West tale in THE GUNHAWKS #1! And writers Dennis Hopeless, Gail Simone, Jon Adams and more will join a variety of superstar artists including Roge Antonio and Annapaola Martello for LOVE ROMANCES #1 -- love stories that can only be told in a comic book!

Join in the celebration as Marvel invites you to return to a time when it wasn’t stories about super heroes that drove the industry, but stories of westerns, crime, romance, humor and science fiction…and look for Marvel’s 80th Anniversary one shot titles in your local comic shops starting next year!

THE GUNHAWKS #1
    Written by DAVID & MARIA LAPHAM
    Art by LUCA PIZZARI
    Cover by GERARDO ZAFFINO
    On Sale 2/6/19

LOVE ROMANCES #1
    Written by DENNIS HOPELESS, GAIL SIMONE, JON ADAMS & MORE
    Art by JON ADAMS, ANNAPAOLA MARTELLO, ROGE ANTONIO & MORE
    Cover by PYEONG-JUN PARK
    On Sale 2/20/19

ZIGGY PIG - SILLY SEAL COMICS #1
    Written by FRANK TIERI
    Art by JACOB CHABOT
    Cover by NIC KLEIN
    On Sale 2/27/19
    Those are just the first three, there'll be others in later months, some of which we already know about from NYCC.

Gunhawks originally ran for seven issues in 1973, though the last issue was just called Gunhawk. Love Romances was a long runner, 1949 to 1963, 101 issues (from #6 to #106). And Ziggy Pig ran from 1944 to 1946, lasting only six issues (it was quarterly, with a full year gap between issues 4 and 5).

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

very nice. The Timely/Atlas era characters should be similarly revived for one-shots and mini series, and also web cartoons, especially the WB/Disney/Lantz knockoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    very nice. The Timely/Atlas era characters should be similarly revived for one-shots and mini series, and also web cartoons, especially the WB/Disney/Lantz knockoffs.
    It'll be great to see new interpretations of the variety of titles produced over the years. It's not all just superheroes, you know.

Invincible Member

Before now I had never heard of Ziggy Pig and now I totally want this comic.

Love Romances has robots I'm in

EDIT: also i'm a sucker for romance stories.
    Last edited by VGCinema; 11-10-2018 at 01:25 PM.

Synthezoids, I bet (I assume it'll be set in 616). The woman looks like Janet van Dyne, lol.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

My bad. But I'm still in. It's two robotic type beings falling in love and that's too beautiful for me to pass up.

I will be picking up "Gunhawks"--and I appreciate Marvel at least giving some attention to its long history of Western comics. I wish it could have been the Ringo Kid instead, but Gunhawks will do. And who knows...maybe there will be guest appearances!
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

While Love Romances #1 still appears to be scheduled for February 20th, Previewsworld currently has Ziggy Pig - Silly Seal Comics #1 down for "March 06, 2019" instead of February 27th.

Here are a couple of Love Romances #1 variant covers by Russell Dauterman (YOUNG GUNS variant) and Annie Wu (SKRULLS variant):

And for Ziggy Pig - Silly Seal Comics #1 variants, Michael Del Mundo (YOUNG GUNS variant) and Bobby Rubio (SKRULLS variant):

Four images in one post? I thought the limit was three. And that's an odd place for an F4 themed cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Four images in one post? I thought the limit was three.
    It is.

However four = two when each "image" is made up two covers put together.