Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667 LastLast
    Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

Did you not watch the movie?

To be fair most MCU fans forget what happened in the movies lol.

I remember watching trailer reactions for Far From Home and people were shocked Aunt Bae knew Peter was Spider-Man.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The villain used repurposed Chitauri tech ...
    The opening of the movie was the cleanup of the Battle of New York ...
    Tony Stark and Pepper's engagement from SM:H was used in the beginning of IW ...
    Iron Man was in the movie ...
    The Iron Spider suit at the end of SM:H was used in IW ...
    There's a ton of background references, too ...

Did you not watch the movie?
    And didnt Civil War have a Homecoming stinger with Peter singal flashing the ceiling followed BY Spiderman will return?

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    And didnt Civil War have a Homecoming stinger with Peter singal flashing the ceiling followed BY Spiderman will return?
    I remember an MST3K style joke in the theater:

"Spiderman will return in THUNDERBALL"

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yeah. And the movie literally opens with Peter’s perspective and direct aftermath of his role in Civil War. Giant-man even makes a cameo.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Without Iron Man, CA, Thor and the Hulk, I think the MCU will grow tiresome by 2024. Which will lead to the new X universe.
    Still think one or two of those characters will die....But Black Panther, Captain Marvel and co prove the MCU doesn't have to be reliant on them.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I hope they wait a few years before just jumping into them. With all the major actors leaving, the MCU may become a primarily X-Men based universe. We know they're casting a younger actor for Wolverine. Or at least they want one. My understanding is that because phase 4 was already in the works when the Fox deal went through, there are no immediate plans for them. I think we're looking at at least five years before we see an X-Men reboot. Marvel has been good about not jumping the gun on things.
    Assassinate Putin!

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I hope they wait a few years before just jumping into them. With all the major actors leaving, the MCU may become a primarily X-Men based universe. We know they're casting a younger actor for Wolverine. Or at least they want one. My understanding is that because phase 4 was already in the works when the Fox deal went through, there are no immediate plans for them. I think we're looking at at least five years before we see an X-Men reboot. Marvel has been good about not jumping the gun on things.
    I think 3 or 4 is more likely. I don't see Marvel rushing straight to the X-Men or F4 but I don't see them not making the cut for phase 4 either.

BANNED

It seems like they will relaunch the X-Men in... well, 2025?

BANNED

I’m seriously doubting there will ever be a XMen/MCU same universe.
    I’m seriously doubting if Disney and/or Kevin Feige actually wants the XMen to join the MCU.
    Imo, putting it off for five years sounds like they are building a separate XMen universe.

I’m seriously doubting there will ever be a XMen/MCU same universe.
    I’m seriously doubting if Disney and/or Kevin Feige actually wants the XMen to join the MCU.
    Imo, putting it off for five years sounds like they are building a separate XMen universe.
    You're the only one who thinks that. It's just not gonna happen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    You're the only one who thinks that. It's just not gonna happen.
    So, what do you think?

Amazing Member

Five years gives people time to forget Dark Phoenix, Legion, The Gifted and New Mutants.

Mighty Member

I disagree. It's marketing 101. Dark Phoenix and New Mutants are about to come out. You don't want the old product to be fresh in the minds of the audience, especially the young impressional ones. Unless no one saw it and was easily forgotten.
    Last edited by U.N. Owen; 04-13-2019 at 04:52 PM.

BANNED

I think there will come a point when X-Men will become part of the MCU, though I personally would rather they remain part of the Deadpool-verse. I do think it will be interesting to see if, and how, Marvel attempts to explain there being two strongest metals on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I think there will come a point when X-Men will become part of the MCU, though I personally would rather they remain part of the Deadpool-verse. I do think it will be interesting to see if, and how, Marvel attempts to explain there being two strongest metals on earth.
    Same as the comics AND Adamantium is super rare so there is barely any out there. So not hard to explain a metal thats even physically tougher but doesnt have the energy absorbing properties of Vibranium. Also when they Made Caps sheild didnt they say it had Virbanium mixed with some other metals you can retcon Caps Sheild to have been laced with Adamantium. I don't like when adamantium gets used for everyone anyway, make it super rare and it's done.