This can't be the first thread focusing on this, but I searched for it and didn't find it. If there's already an ongoing discussion, please point me in the right direction.

I've been reading X-Men comics since 1982, and have been a fan of the cartoons, movies and now TV shows. I have some hopes and dreams (and I'm actually excited) for the X-Men in the MCU.

1. I hope they recast everyone. Except Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool. Due to the uniqueness of the Deadpool comics, I actually think he could be incorporated...eventually.

2. Having said that, i hope they start over with the O5 and Xavier as the main focus. I hope they take their time with the story and not jump right into Wolverine, Storm, Colossus etc...The powers that be at Marvel Studios have shown they are willing to do this, unlike the DC films, so I hope they give the X-Men the same consideration.

3. The Fox films focused on Magneto and Xavier's rivalry/friendship. I don't know if it's necessary to revisit that. Obviously, Magneto has been an important character in the X-Men comics, so he'd have to show up somehow, but it would have to be in a different way than the Fox films.

4. I hope they keep the numbers of Mutants very low. One of the things I haven't liked in the Fox films (and sometimes the comics, tbh) is the number of nondescript Mutants running around. Focus on Xavier & the O5. Slowly introduce others. But not a lot of others.

5. I think, for the most part, they could introduce Mutants into the MCU and almost keep them hidden from the rest of the world for a while. That would A) make sense and be in line with the comics and B) give them time to develop the characters and relationships without having to have a big confrontation with Captain Marvel or Doctor Strange etc...obviously, this would be happening at the same time the Fantastic Four are introduced to the MCU. I have ideas about that too!

6. And finally, I really hope the characters stay true to their comic counterparts. Angel was butchered in the Fox movies. Rogue wasn't really Rogue. Storm wasn't nearly regal enough. AND if/when they do reintroduce Wolverine he's got to be a short, hairy, scrappy fellow.

'nuff said.