Page 39 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Dude, you have provided nothing except your own standards and thoughts. There are plenty of movies You keep talking about a "majority" that only exists in your own mind.

As for your criteria? Same thing happened with Jaws. Until you become president of Academy and change the rules, your "proof" is total BS.
    My own standards and criteria?

Before Oscar so white every best picture winner won and was nominated for adapted or original screen play or scored a nomination for best and supporting actor and actress

Before oscar so white every best picture nominated movie that is considered a blockbuster never had the extremely bad cgi of black panther.

If black panther is not the best mcu ever,. how could it have gotten best picture nomination?

[/B]

Days of future past did not get nominated for best picture but black panther did? total bs for sure.

BANNED

The Oscars are political bs, always has and always will be.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jeramas View Post
    My own standards and criteria?

Before Oscar so white every best picture winner won and was nominated for adapted or original screen play or scored a nomination for best and supporting actor and actress

Before oscar so white every best picture nominated movie that is considered a blockbuster never had the extremely bad cgi of black panther.

If black panther is not the best mcu ever,. how could it have gotten best picture nomination?

[/B]

Days of future past did not get nominated for best picture but black panther did? total bs for sure.
    You're moving the goal posts now. Movie have gotten a Best Picture nomination before without nominations in other major categories. You claimed this proved BP didn't deserve a nomination. Are you now retracting that claim?

BANNED

You're moving the goal posts now. Movie have gotten a Best Picture nomination before without nominations in other major categories. You claimed this proved BP didn't deserve a nomination. Are you now retracting that claim?
    Not in recent years. Not in modern years. Speaking Of oscar so white, get out won for original screenplay in 2018, was nominated for best picture and best actor too.

a movie cant get ignored for directing, acting and writing and get a nomination for best picture. that is the standard film criteria. How did black panther beat this? the only GOOD explanation is Disney bought the spot for black panther but like every crime and corruption cases there are clues to spot that leads to the truth. these is the clue. black panther not getting any nomination in writing, directing or acting.

1991-2018. Can you name on movie that got a best picture nomination but did not score A single nomination in writing, directing or acting.

Forrest Gump
    LOTR 3
    Million Dollar Baby
    The Departed
    Shakespeare in Love
    Gladiator
    A beautiful Mind
    Slumdog Millionaire
    The Hurt Locker
    The King's speech
    12 year a slave
    Dances with Wolves
    Spotlight
    Moonlight
    The Shape of water
    Schindler's List
    Chicago
    Crash
    American Beauty
    Titanic
    Braveheart
    The English patient
    saving private ryan
    unforgiving
    The Silence of the Lambs

All these movies secured a nomination for writing, directing and acting. Most won.

I heard there is already a backlash on twitter and people are already making youtube videos calling black panther's best picture nomination a joke.what did anyone expect when you get something not on merit but your rich daddy Disney buying it for you.
    Last edited by Jeramas; 01-22-2019 at 11:27 AM.

Astonishing Member

Not in recent years. Not in modern years. Speaking Of oscar so white, get out won for original screenplay in 2018, was nominated for best picture and best actor too.

a movie cant get ignored for directing, acting and writing and get a nomination for best picture. that is the standard film criteria. How did black panther beat this? the only GOOD explanation is Disney bought the spot for black panther but like every crime and corruption cases there are clues to spot that leads to the truth. these is the clue. black panther not getting any nomination in writing, directing or acting.

1991-2018. Can you name on movie that got a best picture nomination but did not score A single nomination in writing, directing or acting.

Forrest Gump
    LOTR 3
    Million Dollar Baby
    The Departed
    Shakespeare in Love
    Gladiator
    A beautiful Mind
    Slumdog Millionaire
    The Hurt Locker
    The King's speech
    12 year a slave
    Spotlight
    Moonlight
    The Shape of water
    Chicago
    Amercian Beauty
    Titanic
    Braveheart
    The English patient
    saving private ryan
    unforgiving
    The Silence of the Lambs

All these movies secured a nomination for writing, directing and acting. Most won.

I heard there is already a backlash on twitter and people are already making youtube videos calling black panther's best picture nomination a joke.what did anyone expect when you get something not on merit but your rich daddy Disney buying it for you.
    WHAT??????? THERE ARE PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET WHO DON'T THINK BLACK PANTHER SHOULD BE NOMINATED????????????????????

Narrowing the time frame does not change the fact that movies have been nominated for Best Picture without nominations for other major categories. It has happened before and it will happen again. You can change the time frame, list other movies, but none of that disqualifies Black Panther.

Comments on the internet =/= a majority consensus.
    Last edited by Gaelforce; 01-22-2019 at 12:15 PM. Reason: snark removed

BANNED

WHAT??????? THERE ARE PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET WHO DON'T THINK BLACK PANTHER SHOULD BE NOMINATED????????????????????

Once again for the slow: Comments on the internet =/= a majority consensus.
    the academy award voters, film fans, directors, writers, cinematographers use the internet. lol

Narrowing the time frame does not change the fact that movies have been nominated for Best Picture without nominations for other major categories. It has happened before and it will happen again. You can change the time frame, list other movies, but none of that disqualifies Black Panther.

when last did it happen? can you try and research like I did? if i was to guess, it happened at a time when there were few categories. maybe in the 50s not in a modern era like the 90s or 80s. black panther is a modern film.

Bohemian rhapsody is another movie people question , a movie with a quite low rt score. the movie still scored a best actor nomination. black panther looks ridiculous to Bohemian rhapsody that has more credibility thanks to the best actor nod.

Black Panther would have been disqualified if the media, disney did not push hard for the film and if the cast was white. it would have been disqualified like all mcu movies. It will never happen again. I promise you.

BANNED

Here is the sad reality, if oscars so white wouldn't have happen, Black Panther and BlacKKKman wouldn't have gotten nominated. Moonlight wouldn't won an oscar.
    These are just token nominations to make the oscars look diverse.
    BP has zero chance of winning anything. It just a token nomination like Get Out was last year.

Astonishing Member

the academy award voters, film fans, directors, writers, cinematographers use the internet. lol

when last did it happen? can you try and research like I did? if i was to guess, it happened at a time when there were few categories. maybe in the 50s not in a modern era like the 90s or 80s. black panther is a modern film.

Bohemian rhapsody is another movie people question , a movie with a quite low rt score. the movie still scored a best actor nomination. black panther looks ridiculous to Bohemian rhapsody that has more credibility thanks to the best actor nod.

Black Panther would have been disqualified if the media, disney did not push hard for the film and if the cast was white. it would have been disqualified like all mcu movies. It will never happen again. I promise you.
    The academy members don't decide what to vote for based on internet postings. They vote. And this year they voted to give Black Panther a nomination.

Jaws was the first blockbuster and changed the movie industry into what it is today. It was nominated for Best Picture but no other major categories. That did not disqualify it from being nominated, same as Black Panther. No matter what your feelings on the subject, that has never been a reason for disqualification.

It's obvious that you are unable to get past your dislike of the MCU. I've made my points and that's all I'm going to say on the subject.

BANNED

The academy members don't decide what to vote for based on internet postings. They vote. And this year they voted to give Black Panther a nomination.

Jaws was the first blockbuster and changed the movie industry into what it is today. It was nominated for Best Picture but no other major categories. That did not disqualify it from being nominated, same as Black Panther. No matter what your feelings on the subject, that has never been a reason for disqualification.

It's obvious that you are unable to get past your dislike of the MCU. I've made my points and that's all I'm going to say on the subject.
    Jaws is considered one of the greatest movies ever made. Black Panther is not.

Jaws stamped Spielberg's title in Hollywood as the king of modern cinema.

jaws has been registered under the national film registry

Steven resented not being nominated for best director.. This is a give away a clue that even back then, it mattered.

Jaws was in 1975. If Jaws was released today no doubt it will get nominated for screenplay or director.

Black Panther is no Jaws. Jaws has a lot to say in artistically changing films. Titanic, Matrix, Star Wars owes a lot to jaws.Jaws is one example you gave in 1975. I gave 25 examples from 1991-2018.an era black panther is. come on now, even you know this is not really a debate anymore. Just admit what people already know- black panther's nomination is not on merit but to avoid Oscars accused of racism.
    Last edited by Jeramas; 01-22-2019 at 12:16 PM.

Okay, guys, let's take this down a notch and keep it civil.

Be nice
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Yeah not sure why this thread suddenly shifted into a Black Panther Oscar thread. Do it elsewhere.

BANNED

My hopes and dreams is the we XCU fans and the we MCU fans get alone better.
    Stop all the personal insults and agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    My hopes and dreams is the we XCU fans and the we MCU fans get alone better.
    Stop all the personal insults and agree to disagree.
    Screw you, man.

(he said facetiously)

BANNED

Deadpool 3 may be taking a different direction.
    https://www.maxim.com/entertainment/...rection-2019-1

If the movie gets made.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Screw you, man.

(he said facetiously)
    I actually like that