Page 21 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    I’m not stating my opinion as fact, I can say the same thing about you.
    I never said the MCU is crap.
    I never said the XCU was amazing storytelling.
    You are misrepresenting my words.
    You said you give up relying to me, but just did that very thing.
    Lastly, I don’t care how many people disagree with me, my opinion is my opinion.
    Accept it.
    And your finaly saying my opinion, now I can take u serious. And I said I stopped replying to the other one who says the much crazier things. You know exactly who I'm talking about. For the record I love the XCU Logan might be my favorite CBM period. More then Dark Knight,TWS, IW,BP,Iron man etc... guess it depends on the day but just for the record I love the xmen movies. Jackman on paper is a horrible Wolverine but somehow made the role his own.

BANNED

I’m not going down that low road you have taken.

But the fact is Donner has an existing contract to produce all live action X-Men.
    Only way Disney can get rid of her is to buy her out, which would be expensive.
    I don’t thing Disney want to get rid of her anyway.
    I don’t think Feige will scrap anything she has created, because he helped Donner create the XCU.
    Feige knows the XCU is suppose to be dark, I think he will keep it that way.
    What works for the MCU doesn’t mean it will work for the XCU.

The first four points directly contradict a lot of nonsense in the Gambit thread and other places. Are you admitting how painfully mistaken you have been on this issue? I ask, because a mea culpa for a misguided idea is the hallmark of a fair minded person. The inability to admit past mistakes? The hallmark of someone to avoid discourse with.

I think your final two points can be fairly debated, the question is if you (because clearly the other troll cannot be reasoned with) are fair-minded enough to bother with the conversation?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    And your finaly saying my opinion, now I can take u serious. And I said I stopped replying to the other one who says the much crazier things. You know exactly who I'm talking about. For the record I love the XCU Logan might be my favorite CBM period. More then Dark Knight,TWS, IW,BP,Iron man etc... guess it depends on the day but just for the record I love the xmen movies. Jackman on paper is a horrible Wolverine but somehow made the role his own.
    We are not required to say “my opinion” when we post, that should be automatically assumed. You don’t say “my opinion” either, so you shouldn’t try to put that requirement on others.

But I’m not bashing the MCU, the soft PG-13 works well for them. But the XCU has a different identity and a hard edge. That’s even true in the comics.
    Last edited by Raiders; 01-09-2019 at 07:21 PM.

To get back on Topic and away from Negativity and back to Hope and Dreams for the X-Men in the MCU and not Fears.

Beast in the Avengers with Wonder Man.

X-Men moving focusing on more characters than Xavier, Wolverine, Magneto, or Mystique.

Storm cameo in Black Panther 2 followed by a Storm solo film.

Slightly older FF with their kids including mutant Franklin.

Rogue in Captain Marvel 2 and getting her classic strength and flight powers.

Starjammers Movie with imperial Guard and Shi'Ar in it.

More heart and laughter some Mutant Baseball in a scene I want the X-Men to be a chose family.

Costumes yes updated realistic versions of classic X-Men costumes.

Last maybe some animation stuff I mentioned in the DP Thread like a New X-Men Animated series focusing on characters who won't get much screen time on the Silver Screen.

TV perhaps an X-Factor Investigation series on Disney+

These are my Hope and Dreams.

Im hoping Wolverine pops up in Alpha Flight and we explore that part of his history for a while.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Taking some focus off Wolverine makes sense, at least initially.

But Xavier and Magneto should be at the forefront of the MCU's X-Men plans, IMO. Their philosophies inform the entire conflict X-Men is built around.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    TV perhaps an X-Factor Investigation series on Disney+
    I really like this idea.

I'd like to see a well done team dynamic - both in combat and strategy. We've seen very little of that so far and it's so central to what the X-men are.

Storm being in Black Panther 2 and then being are intro to the xmen sounds like a good idea to me. Kinda what Wolverine and Rogue were in the Original Xmen film.

The snag is do we want the xmen real young or not. Because I want storm around BP age and hes got to be in his 30s. Storm can be the oldest Xmen who's not Xavier or Wolverine but I dont want her too much older so the original 5 would have to be In there mid to late 20s. Iono If I went that. Hmmm iono what I want now lol.

Regardless they can do a Storm solo movie with Xavier and how he helped saved her from Shadow King. And inspired his school. Also you can include Magneto as Xavier traveling companion. The past movies did a horrible job of showing there friendship. First class they were friends for like 5mins and were suppose to believe they were the best friends ever. The OG X films had some nice scenes that told you how much they cared about each other but we never got to see that friendship and get invested. Even give them they're own film if you have to.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

^That sounds a bit too similar to X-Men: Apocalypse.

BANNED

The best thing that can happen is the MCU adapts the XCU darker tone.
    There has been an assumption that the XCU will get a lighter tone after the merger, maybe not.

Also, after a big merger there is always a major reorganization of a company.
    I can see Marvel Studios and LucasFilms moving to the adult wing old Fox Studios.
    This would allow for a more darker tone for both studios and bring LucasFilm back home.

BANNED

The best thing that can happen is the MCU adapts the XCU darker tone.
    There has been an assumption that the XCU will get a lighter tone after the merger, maybe not.

Also, after a big merger there is always a major reorganization of a company.
    I can see Marvel Studios and LucasFilms moving to the adult wing old Fox Studios.
    This would allow for a more darker tone for both studios and bring LucasFilm back home.
    That's an interesting way to think about it. I think too much of made of this light/dark tone though. The X-men are not as brooding as Batman, they've had plenty of light-hearted runs in their time. Certainly they've also had some very dark moments, but I think the best tone for any cinematic universe is one that understands when to be dark, when to be light, and how to keep even dark content entertaining and not depressing. So many of us loved the Animated Series and they adapted many of the X-men's best storylines without having to look "dark". Getting stuck on dark vs. light misses what matters: the story needs to hit the right emotional tones for the tale it is telling. No X-men storyline has to be R rated (or even a "hard PG-13") to do that. (And we have pretty solid proof of that in the animated show)

Also, one of the reasons the Dark Knight, and X2 for that matter, succeeded where other DC/Fox efforts have failed is that they did manage to keep a tonally appropriate balance. As dark as some moments in X2 were, there was Nightcrawler providing a softer tone. Or the playful banter of Alfred or Lucious. It's important to keep that in mind.

BANNED

Even though Marvel Studios and LucasFilms are financially successful under the Disney brand, they have suffered creatively, which is bad for the audience.
    LucasFilms has been a disaster under the Disney brand, even George Lucas has a hard time supporting these movies.
    Both Star Wars and MCU had a darker and more adult tone before Disney.
    I hope they do the right thing and move both studios to the adult wing.

BANNED

There is no prevailing complaint that the MCU isn't dark enough. That's the squawking of a insignificant minority. I have not heard that of Star Wars either. Derivative? Yeah, heard that. But "not adult enough"? Nope.

Even though Marvel Studios and LucasFilms are financially successful under the Disney brand, they have suffered creatively, which is bad for the audience.
    LucasFilms has been a disaster under the Disney brand, even George Lucas has a hard time supporting these movies. Also for the MCU there were 3 films made before Disney since we had Young Peter watch his mother die, Yondu die, Quicksilver die, Shield turned out to be Hydra, and Infinity War again how was it darker?
    Both Star Wars and MCU had a darker and more adult tone before Disney.
    I hope they do the right thing and move both studios to the adult wing.
    Disney Killed the entire cast of Rogue One and also killed Han Solo something even George refused to do because he wanted a happy ending. How was Star Wars darker before Disney?
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 01-10-2019 at 05:17 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    There is no prevailing complaint that the MCU isn't dark enough. That's the squawking of a insignificant minority. I have not heard that of Star Wars either. Derivative? Yeah, heard that. But "not adult enough"? Nope.
    I hear many complaints from people I personally know. The problem is by being under the Disney brand, they are limited on what they can do. They have to keep things under a Soft PG-13, which limits their creative freedom.
    I’m not saying these movies aren't adult enough, but they do seem to cater more to the 17 and under crowd.
    Kathleen Kennedy and Kevin Fiege should be lobbing Disney to move them under Fox.
    Last edited by Raiders; 01-10-2019 at 05:23 PM.