Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
Results 346 to 360 of 585
  1. #346
    Mighty Member Raiders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles California
    Posts
    1,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Where is the MCU’s X3? Or Wolverine Origins? You know, movies so awful they literally had to retcon and do over their own properties?

    Yes, the MCU does not have a Logan. It also doesn’t have continuity issues so daunting some guy on a forum has to create a time travel theory about Sebastian freaking Shaw to explain it. The XCU hasn’t been more creative, but that’s an opinion. Here’s a fact though: the MCU has a fraction of the crap heap of botched stories, characters, and continuity.

    That’s my first and foremost dream: a series of X-men movies not in constant need of bandaids for awful short term thinking.
    Here some facts:
    The XCU HAS DONE
    NUDITY
    SEX
    CURSING
    BLOODING VIOLENT
    GAY CHARACTERS
    DISTRUBING TORTURING AND KILLING OF CHILDREN

    They where allowed to do this because they wasn’t under the Disney restrictions.
    That why the XCU has been more creative.

    Whether, the movies are good or bad is only ones opinion.
    Last edited by Raiders; 01-10-2019 at 10:47 PM.

  2. #347
    Incredible Member Killerbee911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    First of all I don’t think Logan and Deadpool are accidents.
    Second the Netflix series are not the MCU and wear the ABC brand name, not Disney.
    Third, Venom is a movie that Disney would never release, it made money because Sony allowed creativity, something Disney discourages.
    Forth, The Deadpool PG-13 test was a failure
    -If Wolverine Origins or The Wolverine was big time successful.They never release R movies. If Deadpool concept trailer isn't release the movie doesn't get made and even if does eventually get made probably isn't release as R. Logan doesn't get made as R without deadpool success. Yeah they are accidents

    - Yeah they are MCU with mentions events and plot points in the MCU. Even the Russo said the characters where going to be Infinity Wars but they already enough characters. Disney is MCU and ABC

    - Lots of action,cgi and comedy. No blood. You could take kids to it. It is very much a movie Marvel would release they of course would do couple of scenes differently

    - Not really,You think the goal was to sell bunch of tickets or prove that Deadpool could be done as PG 13 movie?

    - X-men take more risk of course they have suck at making Blockbuster superheroes movie( thank you Brian Singer the man who made Superman boring in a movie) if X3, Origins,The Wolverine,X-men Apocalypse had done better they would have kept making movies that style. The only thing you can Fox big credit for is not being dumb like DC and keep putting out a style of movie that doesn't work. Fox has taken risk? What have they follow up Logan with X-men Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix.Deadpool 2 is way more of commercial film than DP1 .They have perfect movie to be an R in New mutants and its probably not going to be one.

    Last thing understand who you are talking to even though I haven't like all Fox X-men movies direction, I would have rather Fox keep X-men license simple for the fact we are going to get less X-men movies and spin offs. I am not bias against Fox X Men movies. But I don't believe for one second that X-men franchise is any danger if they make MCU style movies. As mention X-3,Wolverine Origins, X-men Apocalypse are very much the style of movie that MCU would make except that MCU makes way better movies of that style.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 01-10-2019 at 10:54 PM.

  3. #348
    Mighty Member Raiders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles California
    Posts
    1,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    -If Wolverine Origins or The Wolverine was big time successful.They never release R movies. If Deadpool concept trailer isn't release the movie doesn't get made and even if does eventually get made probably isn't release as R. Logan doesn't get made as R without deadpool success. Yeah they are accidents

    - Yeah they are MCU with mentions events and plot points in the MCU. Even the Russo said the characters where going to be Infinity Wars but they already enough characters. Disney is MCU and ABC

    - Lots of action,cgi and comedy. No blood. You could take kids to it. It is very much a movie Marvel would release they of course would do couple of scenes differently

    - Not really,You think the goal was to sell bunch of tickets or prove that Deadpool could be done as PG 13 movie?

    - X-men take more risk of course they have suck at making Blockbuster superheroes movie( thank you Brian Singer the man who made Superman boring in a movie) if X3, Origins,The Wolverine,X-men Apocalypse had done better they would have kept making movies that style. The only thing you can Fox big credit for is not being dumb like DC and keep putting out a style of movie that doesn't work. Fox has taken risk? What have they follow up Logan with X-men Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix.Deadpool 2 is way more of commercial film than DP1 .They have perfect movie to be an R in New mutants and its probably not going to be one.

    Last thing understand who you are talking to even though I haven't like all Fox X-men movies direction, I would have rather Fox keep X-men license simple for the fact we are going to get less X-men movies and spin offs. I am not bias against Fox X Men movies. But I don't believe for one second that X-men franchise is any danger if they make MCU style movies. As mention X-3,Wolverine Origins, X-men Apocalypse are very much the style of movie that MCU would make except that MCU makes way better movies of that style.
    The MCU is family friendly, but that’s what Disney does well.
    I don’t want to see a X-Men and especially a Deadpool movie with the Disney restrictions.

  4. #349
    Astonishing Member Jokerz79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    4,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    The MCU is family friendly, but thatís what Disney does well.
    I donít want to see a X-Men and especially a Deadpool movie with the Disney restrictions.
    The X-Men should be family friendly because it's a message of tolerance meant for children.

    1: The allegory doesn't work in the real world because unchecked mutants would pose a threat imagine an angry teen who could accidentally bring down a school with an earthquake and it's not insane to want oversight on them then. So it's not meant to be deeply explored it's meant to entertain children and teach them lesson about tolerance and not judging others for how they were born.

    2: If you're an adult and don't know racism and bigotry is wrong no X-Men movie is going to teach you but it might a child who isn't getting the lessons at home.

    So I hope to God Disney makes the X-Men family friendly and welcoming to kids as they should be.

  5. #350
    Mighty Member Raiders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles California
    Posts
    1,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    The X-Men should be family friendly because it's a message of tolerance meant for children.

    1: The allegory doesn't work in the real world because unchecked mutants would pose a threat imagine an angry teen who could accidentally bring down a school with an earthquake and it's not insane to want oversight on them then. So it's not meant to be deeply explored it's meant to entertain children and teach them lesson about tolerance and not judging others for how they were born.

    2: If you're an adult and don't know racism and bigotry is wrong no X-Men movie is going to teach you but it might a child who isn't getting the lessons at home.

    So I hope to God Disney makes the X-Men family friendly and welcoming to kids as they should be.

    Putting the tight Disney restrictions on the XCU or Kingsman or Alien or Planet of the Apes is silly.
    If Deadpool is forced to go soft PG13, I think Ryan Reynolds will walk away.

    I’m glad you recognize the X-Men has a message of tolerance,something that the MCU won’t do, because MCU shy away for controversial and important issues of today.

    P.S. Children don’t have a problem with tolerance, grown people do.
    Last edited by Raiders; 01-11-2019 at 01:16 PM.

  6. #351
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    7,952

    Default

    Being rated PG-13 or PG or R doesn't make a great film ... great.

    Deadpool was pretty PG-13 in the 90s when he got huge and IMHO he's not been as funny was he was under Jim.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  7. #352
    all cops are bastards Elmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Sesame Street
    Posts
    1,814

    Default

    The Fox X-Men movies are not designed to fit with a blockbuster formula so they are more unique and that's why they can have more of a variety of stories like Logan and also take chances with characters like Deadpool who was controversial when I was growing up and is now a cultural icon
    i'm always online and i'm nice on there

  8. #353
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    5,812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    Putting the tight Disney restrictions on the XCU or Kingsman or Alien or Planet of the Apes is silly.
    If Deadpool is forced to go soft PG13, I think Ryan Reynolds will walk away.

    I’m glad you recognize the X-Men has a message of tolerance,something that the MCU won’t do, because MCU shy away for controversial and important issues of today.

    P.S. Children don’t have a problem with tolerance, grown people do.
    Controversial issues? Black Panther had a villian who wanted empower oppressed black people all over the world by killing the colonizers. Basically kill whitey and they did it so well that alot of people sympathized with a villian in Killmonger who shit his own girl in the head earlier in the movie because she was in his way.

  9. #354
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    The Fox X-Men movies are not designed to fit with a blockbuster formula so they are more unique and that's why they can have more of a variety of stories like Logan and also take chances with characters like Deadpool who was controversial when I was growing up and is now a cultural icon

    Deadpool exists because of Ryan Reynolds. And the X-men movies are absolutely blockbuster formula, that's a silly argument.

  10. #355
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    Here some facts:
    The XCU HAS DONE
    NUDITY
    SEX
    CURSING
    BLOODING VIOLENT
    GAY CHARACTERS
    DISTRUBING TORTURING AND KILLING OF CHILDREN

    They where allowed to do this because they wasn’t under the Disney restrictions.
    That why the XCU has been more creative.

    Whether, the movies are good or bad is only ones opinion.
    I answered your question, you dodged mine. (I mean, this is an absolutely hilarious strawman)

    MCU does not have a Logan. Fox, however, has nearly a handful of crap-fests that also created enormous continuity issues. But let's ask the simple one: Where is the MCU movie they had to do over because they eff'd up the first try so badly?

  11. #356
    Mighty Member Raiders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles California
    Posts
    1,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    The Fox X-Men movies are not designed to fit with a blockbuster formula so they are more unique and that's why they can have more of a variety of stories like Logan and also take chances with characters like Deadpool who was controversial when I was growing up and is now a cultural icon
    Very true


    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Controversial issues? Black Panther had a villian who wanted empower oppressed black people all over the world by killing the colonizers. Basically kill whitey and they did it so well that alot of people sympathized with a villian in Killmonger who shit his own girl in the head earlier in the movie because she was in his way.
    That’s why Black Panther is by far the best MCU movie. A XCU movie would have actually killed a few whitey. He shot has girl, if XCU, her head would have been blown off.


    Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Deadpool exists because of Ryan Reynolds. And the X-men movies are absolutely blockbuster formula, that's a silly argument.
    But it was Donner and Fox that approved and release it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    I answered your question, you dodged mine. (I mean, this is an absolutely hilarious strawman)

    MCU does not have a Logan. Fox, however, has nearly a handful of crap-fests that also created enormous continuity issues. But let's ask the simple one: Where is the MCU movie they had to do over because they eff'd up the first try so badly?
    My point is the XCU is more creative, I don’t care about what movie got reshoots.
    Disney don’t have a lot of reshoots, because of their tight restrictions. Plus they keep their producers and directors on a short leash.
    Last edited by Raiders; 01-11-2019 at 04:39 PM.

  12. #357
    THE JUICE IS LOOSE! The Shape's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Controversial issues? Black Panther had a villian who wanted empower oppressed black people all over the world by killing the colonizers. Basically kill whitey and they did it so well that alot of people sympathized with a villian in Killmonger who shit his own girl in the head earlier in the movie because she was in his way.
    Killmonger knew that wouldn’t have worked out in the end. He actually just wanted to watch the world burn. He admitted it to T’Challa.

  13. #358
    Mighty Member Raiders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles California
    Posts
    1,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Killmonger knew that wouldn’t have worked out in the end. He actually just wanted to watch the world burn. He admitted it to T’Challa.
    Yes I know, I think he just wanted to bring awareness to the problem.
    But because it was a MCU movie, nothing happened.

  14. #359
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    y point is the XCU is more creative, I don’t care about what movie got reshoots.
    Disney don’t have a lot of reshoots, because of their tight restrictions. Plus they keep their producers and directors on a short leash.
    Not reshoots. Do overs. They are literally doing over the Phoenix. (Or...worse....keeping in step with X3) And they already had to do over Deadpool. (Which, in a moment of catharsis for us all, Ryan Reynolds murdered the original for us all to see)

    Has Marvel had to do any do overs because of their own incompetent story telling/decision making.

  15. #360
    Mighty Member Raiders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles California
    Posts
    1,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Not reshoots. Do overs. They are literally doing over the Phoenix. (Or...worse....keeping in step with X3) And they already had to do over Deadpool. (Which, in a moment of catharsis for us all, Ryan Reynolds murdered the original for us all to see)

    Has Marvel had to do any do overs because of their own incompetent story telling/decision making.
    Reshoots happens when the studio don’t like something. This usually happens when a producer and the director has some creative freedom. Unfortunately, Disney doesn’t allow for creative freedom from the jump, so there little need for reshoots.

    Plus, X3, Dark Phoenix and Deadpool were not do overs, they were normal reshoots.

    I know you’re trying to change the subject. Even with reshoots or “do over” X-Men is still more creative than MCU
    Last edited by Raiders; 01-11-2019 at 06:32 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •