Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 345 of 471
  1. #331
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Seeing Wolverine ride dinosaurs in the Savage land with Iron Man and Deadpool, wait scratch that IT IS between that. And the people made their choice.
    I must verdantly disagree.

    It needs to be Captain America, Deadpool and Wolverine Riding Dinosaurs in the Savage land, singing The Three Caballeros (or rather wade is while cap and wolvie give him the stare)

  2. #332
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    I hear many complaints from people I personally know. The problem is by being under the Disney brand, they are limited on what they can do. They have to keep things under a Soft PG-13, which limits their creative freedom.
    I’m not saying these movies aren't adult enough, but they do seem to cater more to the 17 and under crowd.
    Kathleen Kennedy and Kevin Fiege should be lobbing Disney to move them under Fox.
    They cater to a wide audience. Why would Fiege have any concerns? Black Panther flirted with a lot of complex subjects and did it better, frankly, than Fox has handled that element of the X-men. (With perhaps the exception of X2) And I didn't even love Black Panther as a movie.

    But what you're stating is your opinion and it is so shared by so few it's insignificant.

  3. #333
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    You’re missing the point, the XCU is creatively expanding by going into different genres and styles.
    Why would anyone have a problem with that?
    The MCU absolutely went to different genres and styles. Ragnarok was straight up comedy. Black Panther speaks for itself. Winter Soldier had all sorts of layers to it. Captain America was a period piece. Iron Man 3 tried some pretty funky stuff, even if it wasn't a particularly good movie. I don't know what to call GoTG, but it's clearly a different style.

    This criticism is bunk. As others have said, most of the XCU has been the same premise "Here's a shitload of Wolverine, Mystique, Magneto, and Prof. X! *including window dressing like Cyclops and Storm!*" They've also so creatively told the Phoenix story they are declaring a freaking do-over.

    Logan was a nice gamble, it really paid off. Thank god for Ryan Reynolds or you'd have almost nothing else to point to.

  4. #334
    Incredible Member Raiders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles California
    Posts
    940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Going to say it Logan is good but over rated and Unforgiven is a better version of that kind of story. First Class is my favorite X-Men film and it was PG-13 with no blood or gore it could had been an MCU film and the MCU did a period piece the same year with First Avenger.

    The MCU has given their directors the freedom to put their own style on their films and have done Period Pieces, Heist Films, Action Films, Spy Films, Space Adventures, and the XCU keeps telling the same story over an over again. But the XCU are trying new things you say as they're doing the same movie they did in 2006 how creative.
    Where is the MCU’s Logan?
    Disney’s guidelines are too tight to explore the whole range of rating and creativity.
    No nudity, no sex, no blood, no horror, no gore, no cursing, etc.......
    The XCU has done all of this
    Last edited by Raiders; 01-10-2019 at 08:50 PM.

  5. #335
    Incredible Member Raiders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles California
    Posts
    940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    The MCU absolutely went to different genres and styles. Ragnarok was straight up comedy. Black Panther speaks for itself. Winter Soldier had all sorts of layers to it. Captain America was a period piece. Iron Man 3 tried some pretty funky stuff, even if it wasn't a particularly good movie. I don't know what to call GoTG, but it's clearly a different style.

    This criticism is bunk. As others have said, most of the XCU has been the same premise "Here's a shitload of Wolverine, Mystique, Magneto, and Prof. X! *including window dressing like Cyclops and Storm!*" They've also so creatively told the Phoenix story they are declaring a freaking do-over.

    Logan was a nice gamble, it really paid off. Thank god for Ryan Reynolds or you'd have almost nothing else to point to.
    Let me repeat
    Where is the MCU’s Logan?
    Disney’s guidelines are too tight to explore the whole range of rating and creativity.
    No nudity, no sex, no blood, no horror, no gore, no cursing, etc.......
    The XCU has done all of this

  6. #336
    Astonishing Member Jokerz79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    4,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    Where is the MCU’s Logan?
    Disney’s guidelines are too tight to explore the whole range of rating and creativity.
    No nudity, no sex, no blood, no horror, no gore, no cursing, etc.......
    The XCU has done all of this
    I'm sorry but this is a list a 14 year old thinks makes an "adult" movie.

  7. #337
    Incredible Member Raiders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles California
    Posts
    940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I'm sorry but this is a list a 14 year old thinks makes an "adult" movie.
    So the only comeback that you can think of is a personal insult?

    In 2019 MCU don’t even have a gay character, but the XCU does.
    Last edited by Raiders; 01-10-2019 at 09:32 PM.

  8. #338
    Incredible Member Killerbee911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    Let me repeat
    Where is the MCU’s Logan?
    Disney’s guidelines are too tight to explore the whole range of rating and creativity.
    No nudity, no sex, no blood, no horror, no gore, no cursing, etc.......
    The XCU has done all of this

    They are on Netflix called Daredevil,Punisher and Jessica Jones. Big studios rarely take risk if you are looking for creative then smaller properties is always the best bet. Where is the second Logan or The Dark Knight from those studios. What is Dark Phoenix and X-men Apocalypse rated? New Mutants is probably going to be PG 13. The point is Logan and Deadpool are accidents ,beautiful accidents but accident none the less they are result of Fox sucking at making block busters and them going okay lets try something completely different because the other thing didn't work.Every single follow up has been more of a commercial style of movie. If you are looking for Sony,WB or Disney to make creative risky movies you are looking in the wrong place and Fox didn't really want to be in that business for the X-men either.

    You are looking for something pushing boundaries try the Boys on Amazon or James Gunn Brightburn,Maybe something from Mark Millar on his Netflix deal. But no big company spending big money is going consistently make risky movies. You are going have wait until the market shifts and general audience gets tired big spectacle movies superhero movies(not really going to happen) then maybe companies are going to be running around looking for something different but we have already seen this people got tired of Dark and gritty movies superhero movies really quick.

    I will end with Deadpool 2 was release as PG13 movie and it wasn't accident, It was a test.You can bet money that next Deadpool is going be PG13 and it is not because of Disney but because Venom made more money that it. Why did Venom make more money because children could see Venom. Block Buster superhero movies isn't the genre people go to for creative and risk. Studios are definitely not spending 200 million on a movie and 100 million in marketing to make 600 million dollars.

  9. #339
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    15,114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    You’re missing the point, the XCU is creatively expanding by going into different genres and styles.
    Why would anyone have a problem with that?
    Because it was done via the creative equivalent of stealing a victory out of the jaws of defeat.

  10. #340
    Incredible Member Raiders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles California
    Posts
    940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    They are on Netflix called Daredevil,Punisher and Jessica Jones. Big studios rarely take risk if you are looking for creative then smaller properties is always the best bet. Where is the second Logan or The Dark Knight from those studios. What is Dark Phoenix and X-men Apocalypse rated? New Mutants is probably going to be PG 13. The point is Logan and Deadpool are accidents ,beautiful accidents but accident none the less they are result of Fox sucking at making block busters and them going okay lets try something completely different because the other thing didn't work.Every single follow up has been more of a commercial style of movie. If you are looking for Sony,WB or Disney to make creative risky movies you are looking in the wrong place and Fox didn't really want to be in that business for the X-men either.

    You are looking for something pushing boundaries try the Boys on Amazon or James Gunn Brightburn,Maybe something from Mark Millar on his Netflix deal. But no big company spending big money is going consistently make risky movies. You are going have wait until the market shifts and general audience gets tired big spectacle movies superhero movies(not really going to happen) then maybe companies are going to be running around looking for something different but we have already seen this people got tired of Dark and gritty movies superhero movies really quick.

    I will end with Deadpool 2 was release as PG13 movie and it wasn't accident, It was a test.You can bet money that next Deadpool is going be PG13 and it is not because of Disney but because Venom made more money that it. Why did Venom make more money because children could see Venom. Block Buster superhero movies isn't the genre people go to for creative and risk. Studios are definitely not spending 200 million on a movie and 100 million in marketing to make 600 million dollars.
    First of all I don’t think Logan and Deadpool are accidents.
    Second the Netflix series are not the MCU and wear the ABC brand name, not Disney.
    Third, Venom is a movie that Disney would never release, it made money because Sony allowed creativity, something Disney discourages.
    Forth, The Deadpool PG-13 test was a failure
    Last edited by Raiders; 01-10-2019 at 09:52 PM.

  11. #341
    Incredible Member Raiders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles California
    Posts
    940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    First of all I don’t think Logan and Deadpool are accidents.
    Second the Netflix series are not the MCU and wear the ABC brand name, not Disney.
    Third, Venom is a movie that Disney would never release, it made money because Sony allowed creativity, something Disney discourages.
    Forth, The Deadpool PG-13 test was a failure
    Fifth, the XCU takes more risk than the MCU

  12. #342
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    5,756

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    Let me repeat
    Where is the MCU’s Logan?
    Disney’s guidelines are too tight to explore the whole range of rating and creativity.
    No nudity, no sex, no blood, no horror, no gore, no cursing, etc.......
    The XCU has done all of this
    So your point is now that you need Gore and Blood to make good movies. I'll admit it definetly helps Wolverine cause his Claws not tearing people to pieces in every movie that wasnt Logan looked kinda silly. But the Xmen dont need Gore.

    Ok where's The XCUs Winter Solider(Spy Thriller)? Antman(Hesit film)? Dr Strange? Black Panther??( Movie that mixes sci-fi with African culture and had more of a social impact than any of the Xmen movies).

    Also the Netflix shows are as much a part of the MCU as Deadpool is the XCU. So if your gonna include Deadpool u have to include netflix/AoS. Regardless your only arguement seems to be that Marvel hasnt done and R rated movie yet. They haven't needed to. There isnt a single MCU moive I've seen yet that I thought wow that needs a R rating. Now Wolvering can definetly benefit from an R rating. But Logan. Wasnt the moive it was because of Donner or Fox. It was because they finaly left a great director and actor alone and let them make the movie they wanted to make. Gambit been a shit show from the jump and I was one of the few people who was game with seeing Tatum take on the role. MCU track record is just better In every way. Feigie also said Disney has not told them they arent allowed to do R rated films and he can if he wants.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 01-10-2019 at 10:02 PM.

  13. #343
    Astonishing Member Jokerz79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    4,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    So the only comeback that you can think of is a personal insult?

    In 2019 MCU don’t even have a gay character, but the XCU does.
    When Zack Snyder said he liked Watchmen because the characters killed and had sex I thought the same thing. It misses the point to what is truly dark and mature. Best example I can give is the movie Happiness where the pedophile father talks about molesting his sons friends with his son. It's dark, disturbing, and uncomfortable to watch it also has no nudity, blood, swearing, gore, or violence just a conversation and it's one of the most horrific things I ever watched.

    As for gay MCU characters Marvel films could use some but the MCU has already added Jeri Hogarth on Netflix and Nico and Karolina on the Runaways all under the Disney MCU banner.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 01-10-2019 at 10:01 PM.

  14. #344
    Incredible Member Raiders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles California
    Posts
    940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    So your point is now that you need Gore and Blood to make good movies. I'll admit it definetly helps Wolverine cause his Claws not tearing people to pieces in every movie that wasnt Logan looked kinda silly. But the Xmen dont need Gore.

    Ok where's The XCUs Winter Solider(Spy Thriller)? Antman(Hesit film)? Dr Strange? Black Panther??( Movie that mixes sci-fi with African culture and had more of a social impact than any of the Xmen movies).

    Also the Netflix shows are as much a part of the MCU as Deadpool is the XCU. So if your gonna include Deadpool u have to include netflix/AoS. Regardless your only arguement seems to be that Marvel hasnt done and R rated movie yet. They haven't needed to. There isnt a single MCU moive I've seen yet that I thought wow that needs a R rating. Now Wolvering can definetly benefit from an R rating. But Logan. Wasnt the moive it was because of Donner or Fox. It was because they finaly left a great director and actor alone and let them make the movie they wanted to make. Gambit been a shit show from the jump and I was one of the few people who was game with seeing Tatum take on the role. MCU track record is just better In every way. Feigie also said Disney has not told them they arent allowed to do R rated films and he can if he wants.
    First, my point is XCU was not under the Disney restrictions, so they were allowed be more creative.
    Second, I’ll give you this, XCU is too white and too male.
    Third, MCU don’t want to have anything to do with the Netflix series, they don’t even recognise their existence.
    Third, I wouldn’t call TWS a spy triller
    Forth, Ant Man is much more a origin film than a heist
    Fifth, Gambit, who knows
    Sixth, Disney never and never will release a R rated movie under the Disney brand name
    Last edited by Raiders; 01-10-2019 at 10:32 PM.

  15. #345
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    Where is the MCU’s Logan?
    Disney’s guidelines are too tight to explore the whole range of rating and creativity.
    No nudity, no sex, no blood, no horror, no gore, no cursing, etc.......
    The XCU has done all of this
    Where is the MCU’s X3? Or Wolverine Origins? You know, movies so awful they literally had to retcon and do over their own properties?

    Yes, the MCU does not have a Logan. It also doesn’t have continuity issues so daunting some guy on a forum has to create a time travel theory about Sebastian freaking Shaw to explain it. The XCU hasn’t been more creative, but that’s an opinion. Here’s a fact though: the MCU has a fraction of the crap heap of botched stories, characters, and continuity.

    That’s my first and foremost dream: a series of X-men movies not in constant need of bandaids for awful short term thinking.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •