Page 63 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364656667 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    They went away because he wanted to quit being Spider-Man even if subconscious and came back once he decided to be Spider-Man.
    His powers went away when he thought he lost MJ, and he decided to stop trying to be Spider-man because he didn't have his powers. He got his powers back when MJ needed Spider-man.

The premise of the film was to explore the dichotomy that Peter could not have MJ while maintaining a secret identity as Spiderman, but he couldn't be Spiderman if he didn't also have MJ. The situation was temporarily resolved when Spiderman was needed to save MJs life, and fully resolved when Peter revealed his identity as Spiderman to MJ, and she accepted that and embraced it.
    Last edited by AJBopp; 03-30-2019 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    His powers went away when he thought he lost MJ, and he decided to stop trying to be Spider-man because he didn't have his powers. He got his powers back when MJ needed Spider-man.

The premise of the film was to explore the dichotomy that Peter could not have MJ while maintaining a secret identity as Spiderman, but he couldn't be Spiderman if he didn't also have MJ. The situation was temporarily resolved when Spiderman was needed to save MJs life, and fully resolved when Peter revealed his identity as Spiderman to MJ, and she accepted that and embraced it.
    MJ was definitely the catalyst but being Spider-Man was negatively impact all aspects of his life and all of which seemed to improve once he stopped being Spider-Man.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    MJ was definitely the catalyst but being Spider-Man was negatively impact all aspects of his life and all of which seemed to improve once he stopped being Spider-Man.
    yes, but none of the other negative aspects caused his powers to diminish. Only losing MJ did that. The first time his powers hiccuped was right after he saw MJ kissing John Jameson.

Mighty Member

idk if i like this idea anymore the way mcu is headed
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by ciscostudent561 View Post
    What does that mean?

Quote Originally Posted by ciscostudent561 View Post
    Which way is that?

Dark Phoenix in true Fox fashion has added Selene and Red Lotus continuing their trend of just using X-men has sandbox instead respecting the Mythos. I have like some fox X-men movies this one of reason I am content with X-men heading to the MCU. The MCU wasn't going hey Black Order I am going to add Black Knight and Spectrum to this group because they are cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Dark Phoenix in true Fox fashion has added Selene and Red Lotus continuing their trend of just using X-men has sandbox instead respecting the Mythos. I have like some fox X-men movies this one of reason I am content with X-men heading to the MCU. The MCU wasn't going hey Black Order I am going to add Black Knight and Spectrum to this group because they are cool.
    Like tossing in Deadpool in a Wolverine movie and then oddly deciding to sew his mouth shut. And heck lets toss Gambit in there and Selene, too. Lol, Fox.

There was some benefit, as I have liked seeing characters like Blink or Bishop show up just for the heck of it. Pretty sure any benefit was entirely accidental rather than planned, though.

In the defense of the movies, this is what happens in comics all the time for various reasons. So it feels familiar to me as a fan.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 04-01-2019 at 10:23 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Mighty Member

The X-Men Won't Join MCU For A "Very Long Time"

Kevin Feige has finally commented on the matter of the X-Men when he was asked by io9 about the team's presence in the MCU going forward. He stated that the fans shouldn't hold their breath.

“It’s all just beginning and the five-year plan that we’ve been working on, we were working on before any of that was set. So really it’s much more, for us, less about specifics of when and where [the X-Men will appear] right now and more just the comfort factor and how nice it is that they’re home. That they’re all back. But it will be a very long time.”

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    Lol I think it could be 5years before an Xmen movie but I'm sure we get Xmen characters in the MCU within 2years. Also funny I havent seen him say that about Fantastic Four, wonder if they were working on getting them back before the fox deal. I mean fox killed that franchise for themselves so I could see them coming to negotiations with Disney for F4 and related characters. Or he just didnt bring it up because he was asked about Xmen not the F4. Also marvel has a Histiry of making plans for characters they dont have. Civil war had two version of the script one with Spiderman and one without incase the deal couldnt be worked out.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 04-09-2019 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Lol I think it could be 5years before an Xmen movie but I'm sure we get Xmen characters in the MCU within 2years. Also funny I havent seen him say that about Fantastic Four, wonder if they were working on getting them back before the fox deal. I mean fox killed that franchise for themselves so I could see them coming to negotiations with Disney for F4 and related characters. Or he just didnt bring it up because he was asked about Xmen not the F4. Also marvel has a Histiry of making plans for characters they dont have. Civil war had two version of the script one with Spiderman and one without incase the deal couldnt be worked out.
    I was thinking the same thing, Xmen as a whole won't show up immediately, but individuals will pop up.

I know the Fantastic Four are in the same ballpark developmentally, but c'mon Feige, name the next phase as Faze 4 for the FF, and then within the next five years, name it Phase X for you-know-who.

Or name have Reed and Co. become street racers and name their movie the Four and the F4antastic.

Feige says its will be 5 years to see the X-men but the cynic in me translates that to mean that the end credits of Endgame are going to hint at the X-men.

BANNED

I never thought XMen would join the MCU, it never made any sense to me. Apparently it didn’t make sense to Kevin Feige either. I think the MCU will end in 2023 and an XMen universe will start in 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    I never thought XMen would join the MCU, it never made any sense to me. Apparently it didn’t make sense to Kevin Feige either. I think the MCU will end in 2023 and an XMen universe will start in 2024.
    No Black Widow, Shang-Chi, or Eternals sequels if successful? No Black Panther or Captain Marvel trilogies for billion dollar movies? No Fantastic Four in the MCU? I love the X-Men but Marvel is bigger than the X Brand the fact the Avengers have surpassed them as the big Marvel Brand proves it. The X-Men will be added to build the MCU not end the MCU to build the X-Men it makes no sense from a business standpoint.