Page 35 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I don't see why the FoX-Men wouldn't be rebooted.

While the movies are doing well, it's not like they are these gigantic hits (outside of Deadpool) where it would make sense to keep them as their own separate entity.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    I don’t think that’s going to happen, they are not going to waste time and money rebooting a franchise that don’t need rebooting.
    The X-Men is the the biggest and most successful franchise for Fox. I know the MCU fans want to see a reboot to make the XCU to be like MCU. But there is no creative nor financial reason for a reboot. The X-Men world today will be the same X-Men world under Disney. No one at Fox or Disney has never even hinted a reboot. That just MCU fanboy’s fantasy.
    Now that doesn’t mean we won’t see crossover, I believe there will be a crossover at sometime, but not as extensive as MCU fans wants.
    Kevin Feige already has a lot on his plate with Phase 4, taking on the whole X-Men is way too much. Seems like the MCU fans are trying to kill Feige.

If you honestly and truly think that Marvel is not going to want a clean slate for whatever they have planned then there is just no talking to you. CLEAN SLATE!! No returning cast. No picking up past plots. No connections period. Phoenix is the end of the Singerverse proper with whatever the New Mutants ends up being sort of just an afterthought.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post

If you honestly and truly think that Marvel is not going to want a clean slate for whatever they have planned then there is just no talking to you. CLEAN SLATE!! No returning cast. No picking up past plots. No connections period. Phoenix is the end of the Singerverse proper with whatever the New Mutants ends up being sort of just an afterthought.
    Show me where any Disney or Fox official is quoted as saying or even hinting at a reboot?
    If you can’t, then is just internet MCU fanboy’s hopes and fantasies.
    Last edited by Raiders; 01-17-2019 at 08:12 PM.

BANNED

All of the current actors are on contracts that expire with this movie. The continuity in the universe is a disaster and the aging/current team/lack of Wolverine all point to a glaringly obvious decision.

The will be rebooted. And we can all rejoice in removing Kinburg and all the other screw ups from being a part of this great set of characters permanently.

BANNED

Show me where any Disney or Fox official is quoted as saying or even hinting at a reboot?
    If you can’t, then is just internet MCU fanboy’s hopes and fantasies.
    Show me where Donner says she owns the X-men. Otherwise it's just internet troll fanboy's hopes and fantasies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    All of the current actors are on contracts that expire with this movie. The continuity in the universe is a disaster and the aging/current team/lack of Wolverine all point to a glaringly obvious decision.

The will be rebooted. And we can all rejoice in removing Kinburg and all the other screw ups from being a part of this great set of characters permanently.
    None of that is true, it’s pure fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Show me where Donner says she owns the X-men. Otherwise it's just internet troll fanboy's hopes and fantasies.
    I didn’t actually say she own X-Men, I just show there is a possibility.
    I said it was unclear who has the rights.
    Last edited by Raiders; 01-17-2019 at 08:34 PM.

None of that is true, it’s pure fantasy.

I didn’t actually say she own X-Men, I just show there is a possibility.
    I said it was unclear who has the rights.
    Unclear to who? Besides yourself, I mean.

BANNED

Here’s yet another interesting article about Donner and X-Men. But again I don’t know the accuracy of this article.

https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2017/...man-took-over/

The adaptation of the popular Marvel Comics property had been a long one. In 1984 Marvel writers Gerry Conway and Rob Thomas wrote a screenplay for production company Orion Pictures (Platoon) who had optioned the film rights. But when the company fell into financial troubles the rights went over to Carolco Pictures (First Blood) who began plans for a big screen outing for the X-Men produced by James Cameron (The Terminator) with his then-wife Kathryn Bigelow (Near Dark) directing. Bigelow began drafting up a script and started talks with Bob Hoskins (Who Framed Roger Rabbit) to play Wolverine alongside Angela Bassett (F/X) as Storm, however financial strains reared its head once again and disrupted the process. Not only that, but Stan Lee had convinced Cameron that rather than do an X-Men movie he should instead focus on a Spider-Man adaptation. By the mid-90s, after a deal with Columbia Pictures fell through, the rights were picked up by Lauren Schuler Donner (St. Elmo’s Fire, Pretty in Pink) following the successful animated spin-off of the comic series, who took the project to 20th Century Fox.
    Last edited by Raiders; 01-17-2019 at 09:48 PM.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

X-Force in active development and likely still happening in spite of Disney-Fox deal.

https://screenrant.com/wayne-rhett-r...ick-interview/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    X-Force in active development and likely still happening in spite of Disney-Fox deal.

https://screenrant.com/wayne-rhett-r...ick-interview/
    Yeah, nothing going to change with the XCU after the acquisition, at least until Phase 4 is over.

Yeah, nothing going to change with the XCU after the acquisition, at least until Phase 4 is over.
    Xforce is a deadpool 3 basically and no one thinks Marvel is gonna mess with Deadpool hes too popular. So this I can definetly see continuing as long as Ryan Reynolds wants to do the role.The actual XCU is a hole different story. But you can hold on to that dream. Who knows maybe Dark Phoenix will be huge. If it does 1b(highly unlikely for an Xmen movie by fox) then I can see Marvel pausing and being like ok let's milk that cast before we reboot in the MCU. But we know Dark Phoenix more then likely isnt gonna light the box office up. But the first trailer was trash if we get a Aquaman type badsss trailer to get people hyped next then maybe, you never know.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Xforce is a deadpool 3 basically and no one thinks Marvel is gonna mess with Deadpool hes too popular. So this I can definetly see continuing as long as Ryan Reynolds wants to do the role.The actual XCU is a hole different story. But you can hold on to that dream. Who knows maybe Dark Phoenix will be huge. If it does 1b(highly unlikely for an Xmen movie by fox) then I can see Marvel pausing and being like ok let's milk that cast before we reboot in the MCU. But we know Dark Phoenix more then likely isnt gonna light the box office up. But the first trailer was trash if we get a Aquaman type badsss trailer to get people hyped next then maybe, you never know.
    X-Men has hundred of characters, I think there is no way Kevin Feige will take such a big project when he is already too busy with the MCU. We’ll see a little crossovers, cameos and maybe a full crossover movie but in the near future.
    I’m still waiting for someone to show me any Disney or Fox official quoted as saying or hinting of a reboot.
    This reboot story is just internet rumor with zero bases.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Thing is ever since this deal was announced the buzz hasn't been for DP or NM but when will the X-Men join the MCU sadly that gets more press than the FF joining the MCU and they really need it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Thing is ever since this deal was announced the buzz hasn't been for DP or NM but when will the X-Men join the MCU sadly that gets more press than the FF joining the MCU and they really need it.
    I'm not a fan of the FF, but I do hope they get a great re-introduction to audiences. As subpar as the XCU is, they have nothing on the disservice those characters got.

It'll all get a nice, fresh coat of paint. Hopefully we'll get a cohesive narrative like the Avengers that builds one great storyline into another.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I'm sure others have said it, but I would really love it if the Phoenix really actually did destroy the Fox X-Universe on screen. The Phoenix (or the M'Kraan Crystal, but in conjunction with the Phoenix) is the perfect entity to do that kind of thing -- the 90s X-Men: TAS comic ended exactly that way (as the immediate to the 616 universe, even showing how Galan survived to become Galactus-616), and Grant Morrison had the Phoenix do it in Here Comes Tomorrow.