Page 25 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    Reshoots happens when the studio don’t like something. This usually happens when a producer and the director has some creative freedom. Unfortunately, Disney doesn’t allow for creative freedom from the jump, so there little need for reshoots.

Plus, X3, Dark Phoenix and Deadpool were not do overs, they were normal reshoots.

I know you’re trying to change the subject. Even with reshoots or “do over” X-Men is still more creative than MCU
    What? It happens when the Studio don't like something but also when the Producers and Directors have creative freedom that's an oxymoron.

If the Director and Producer had creative freedom the Studio wouldn't meddle.

BANNED

Reshoots happens when the studio don’t like something. This usually happens when a producer and the director has some creative freedom. Unfortunately, Disney doesn’t allow for creative freedom from the jump, so there little need for reshoots.

Plus, X3, Dark Phoenix and Deadpool were not do overs, they were normal reshoots.

I know you’re trying to change the subject. Even with reshoots or “do over” X-Men is still more creative than MCU
    I'm not changing the subject. I answered your question honestly. You are deliberately avoiding doing so from me. Would you like some quotes from the current producer of Dark Phoenix that elude to this being a do over? Or will you cut this petty crap and just admit what you already know - the MCU has NEVER screwed up as royally as Wolverine Origins did with Deadpool or X3 did with Phoenix. Not even in the same ballpark. And they havve a fraction of the continuity issues.

You can still hold your opinion about the creativity, but if you're honest....my question isn't hard. I prefer the MCU but I managed to answer your question about Logan honestly. Your turn cupcake.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    What? It happens when the Studio don't like something but also when the Producers and Directors have creative freedom that's an oxymoron.

If the Director and Producer had creative freedom the Studio wouldn't meddle.
    That’s why I use the term “some creative freedom” no one has 100% creative freedom, but the XCU has much more than the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    I'm not changing the subject. I answered your question honestly. You are deliberately avoiding doing so from me. Would you like some quotes from the current producer of Dark Phoenix that elude to this being a do over? Or will you cut this petty crap and just admit what you already know - the MCU has NEVER screwed up as royally as Wolverine Origins did with Deadpool or X3 did with Phoenix. Not even in the same ballpark. And they havve a fraction of the continuity issues.

You can still hold your opinion about the creativity, but if you're honest....my question isn't hard. I prefer the MCU but I managed to answer your question about Logan honestly. Your turn cupcake.
    My point is about creativity, you are trying to change it to “do overs” , which has nothing to do with creativity.
    There is no director or producer on these X films quoted as saying “do over”. I don’t know where you are getting this untruth.

BANNED

That’s why I use the term “some creative freedom” no one has 100% creative freedom, but the XCU has much more than the MCU.

My point is about creativity, you are trying to change it to “do overs” , which has nothing to do with creativity.
    There is no director or producer on these X films quoted as saying “do over”. I don’t know where you are getting this untruth.
    "Another chance" = "do over". Look it up, good ol' Simon has dropped lots of regrets about X3. Bordering on apologies for that mess.

And a movie universe that eventually becomes so convoluted that they have to reboot it and repeat a story they already had to tell, speaks to a messy, incoherent line of creativity. Creativity loses a lot of it's luster when it's served to you in a crap sandwich.

I mean, Wolverine Origins' version of Deadpool was "creative". Wedging Mystique into every god damn storyline somehow, some way took some creativity too. Celebrating creativity only is a distraction. In movie making creativity is only part of what produces quality. So even if one grants you creativity (I don't), it's only fair to ask if that creativity managed to maintain coherence, focus, and quality. And often, in case of the XCU - it fell far, far short.

BANNED

"I'm a huge fan of The Dark Phoenix story, and I felt like there was a lot that we didn't do in X-Men: The Last Stand, which was based on the Phoenix story. [Things] that if we were so lucky to get another chance, we would do differently," Kinberg said.
    You will likely never have to hear Feige say something like this.

BANNED

Another chance= do over?, what a stretch
    Where’s the quote of him saying do over?
    Seriously no studio is going to spend money to film a movie over again.
    They would just cancel it or try to sell it to another studio or go straight to DVD.
    Last edited by Raiders; 01-11-2019 at 09:29 PM.

BANNED

They would just cancel it or try to sell it to another studio or go straight to DVD.
    Troll status confirmed.

I’m sorry for X-Men 3. We tried to tell the Dark Phoenix story and we didn’t do it properly. So, with this Dark Phoenix story there is no ‘cure’ plot, there is no other plot. It is the Dark Phoenix story, as told in comics, as told in the cartoons. Sophie is the center of the film, that’s why she’s the one person that’s in the teaser poster. The entire movie revolves around her. It’s a movie that goes into space and is cosmic, very much inspired actually by what [Taika] did with Thor — even though the tone is totally different — but just the ability to make a character movie that still feels grounded, and fun, but is in whole other universes. Jessica Chastain’s character plays an alien, and that’s all I can tell you about that. But, yeah, it’s the Dark Phoenix story and if you’ve read that comic I think you’re going to like the movie a lot.
    There's his quote he admits they dropped the ball with Last Stand and want to tell DP right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Deadpool exists because of Ryan Reynolds. And the X-men movies are absolutely blockbuster formula, that's a silly argument.
    You could argue that since X-Men birthed the age of the modern superhero movie but I don't agree. They're blockbusters but they weren't all developed under the same means, they don't have the same story beats and maybe you feel like they all tonally seem the same but I disagree, the X-Men movies were more filmmaker driven because they were developed during the pre-MCU period where superhero films were popular but not with the overwhelming power and attention they have today. Over time Fox has tried to replicate the MCU by connecting their films and getting Kinberg to take on several projects and sort of Feige everything but the truth is they have not strived from a formula, they hopped on that wave after

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    You could argue that since X-Men birthed the age of the modern superhero movie but I don't agree. They're blockbusters but they weren't all developed under the same means, they don't have the same story beats and maybe you feel like they all tonally seem the same but I disagree, the X-Men movies were more filmmaker driven because they were developed during the pre-MCU period where superhero films were popular but not with the overwhelming power and attention they have today. Over time Fox has tried to replicate the MCU by connecting their films and getting Kinberg to take on several projects and sort of Feige everything but the truth is they have not strived from a formula, they hopped on that wave after
    I have to disagree with this and I know I've said this before but

Batman 89 and Returns when viewed you can see those are Burton films even Forever and Batman and Robin have Schumacher's Style to them.

The DK trilogy are visually Nolan films when watched same for Man of Steel and BvS with Snyder.

Raimi's Spider-Man feel like Raimi films down to Doc Ock's surgery scene being very evil dead/Darkman in tone.

Aquaman looks like it own thing and totally different from the rest of the DCEU thanks to Wan same for Shazam.

The Tim Story FF films for better or worse feel like his films with their tone.

Both Punisher 00's films have their own style and vastly different from one another same for the Ghost Rider films.

The MCU has done different genre of storylines Ant-Man being their heist film, Winter Soldier Spy Thriller, Homecoming a John Hughes teen film, Guardians crazy space operas. Then there is the looks and tone of the individual films

First Avengers is a Joe Johnston film it looks like a sequel to Rocketeer almost.

Winter Soldier, Civil War, and Infinity War all feel like Russo Bros films now that they have defined their style.

Avengers and Age of Ultron has Whedon's humor dripping thru them.

The Guardians films have James Gunn all over them in Style. I mean Lloyd Kaufman has a cameo who ever thought he'd be in a Marvel Movie?

Iron Man 3 is a Shane Black film down to the humor and Christmas setting.

Iron Man and Iron Man 2 feel like JF films.

Thor Ragnarok has Taika Waititi style and tone all thru it.

Even Thor (2011) feels like a Kenneth Branagh film with the Majesty he brought to Asgard.

Now First Class, Logan, and the Deadpool series have their own style and tones which is why they rank at top of my XCU list but the rest are some of the most homogenous super hero films ever made they all look the same and have the same tone there is no evidence to the director bringing anything to them.

I don't hate any X-Men movie even the bottom of my list like Origins and Last Stand has good moments.

Origins has some dodgy CGI but so does some MCU films and until 3 Mile Island I thought it was a good Wolverine film. Last Stand butchered my favorite storyline so it's hard to be kind to it but the Magneto ink scene was good and KG as Beast was great.

I don't think the XCU is bad but this wanting to elevate it and bash the MCU especially with the idea the XCU is more creative is bafflingly to me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post

I'm struggling how you can make that claim about blockbusters. The X-movies were all heavily promoted and while we live in an unprecedented era of superhero films...it's not like the X-men were the first. Batman had long been established that superheros can be blockbuster films. It's not like the first X-men movie some arthouse project, it was released as a major summer movie with a 75M budget. (A bit lower than the other summer blockbusters, but not terribly different)

I also find it hard to think X-men was "filmmaker driven" considering the script and concept for the first movie had undergone several re-writes prior to Singer even being brought on. Honestly, I don't see how reality can be squared with this take.

BANNED

X-Force has been cancelled. Disney cannot adapt X-Men stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeramas View Post
    X-Force has been cancelled. Disney cannot adapt X-Men stories.
    So is Doom and Gambit according to reports did you really think anything not in production was going to survive? Marvel will want to start with their own plans not leftovers.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    So is Doom and Gambit according to reports did you really think anything not in production was going to survive? Marvel will want to start with their own plans not leftovers.
    Kevin Feige is picking up the Silver Surfer film.

Disney doesn’t own Fox yet, so it wasn’t Marvel that canned them. Its similar to how Netflix is cancelling the Marvel shows. Like them, Fox knows they won’t have the rights to them soon.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 01-12-2019 at 09:33 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Kevin Feige is down with the Silver Surfer film.

Disney doesn’t own Fox yet, so it wasn’t wasn’t Marvel that canned them. Its similar to how Netflix is cancelling the Marvel shows. Like them, Fox knows they won’t have the rights them soon.
    Why would Fox continue to produce something it ultimately won't oversee? Anything that far away from shooting is going to be canceled.