Page 34 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Raider I'm going to explain this with Superman as the example and the difference when a Producer owns the Film Rights to a Character and when they're hired and in an agreement to produced a film.

The Salkinds in the 70's and 80's had bought the film and TV rights to Superman and related characters and they made Superman (1978), Superman II, Superman III, Supergirl, and the Superboy TV Series. Notice I didn't put Superman IV we'll get back to that with Superman 78, Superman II, Superman III, Supergirl, and the Superboy TV Series they had full creative control of those projects from casting to final cut of the films and series WB only had control was they had distribution rights.

Now as for Superman IV the Salkinds since they owned the film rights sold them to Cannon Films who made Superman IV and had full creative control.

Eventually WB got the TV Rights back and since Lois & Clark all TV shows have been made by WB but it was many years until they got the film rights because in the 90's Jon Peters bought the Superman film rights and thus had full creative control watch the late Jon Schnepp's documentary on the failed making of Burton's Superman Lives with Peters and you'll see he had final say on all decisions not WB. After Superman Returns WB got the film rights back and the DCEU films are the first Superman films where they were in the driving seat.

Zack and Deborah Snyder produced the DCEU movies, their production company made them, and Zack was the director and even with all that power guess who made all the final calls even on films final edits? WB not the Snyder's because the WB were the owners of the properties and film rights it was their toys and they were allowing the Snyder's to play with them with conditions.

If you want to look closer to home for Marvel and see what it would look like if someone else owned the film rights to a Marvel Character even ones in the MCU. Hulk doesn't get solo movies because Universal has a distribution contract and Disney doesn't see the point when they can just have Hulk in other films not just his own. Than the big one Spider-Man Sony has final approval on all Spider-Man appearances in the MCU and once the contract is up with Far From Home they can pull him from the MCU and there are hundreds of YT videos, News Articles, and Blogger post on it.

So if anyone controlled the film rights to the FF and X-Properties it would be news and everyone would be talking about because they're would be articles on how the would affect the characters coming to the MCU and could they be pulled from the MCU. It doesn't matter that LSD and Feige are friends because at the end of the day Feige is a Disney employee and all it would take is Feige leaving or Disney having a falling out with LSD and she could take the X-Men and leave.

As for you're argument nobody knows yes people do know Fox, Disney, and the Federal Government knew when they had to list the assets Disney would be acquiring from Fox it's how we got the list of IPs Disney now owns and the Film Rights for the FF and X-Men were a part of it.

I'm sorry but this argument that someone other than Fox owned the Film Rights is Silly at best and trollish at worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    This is opinion discuss a lot on forums and he is right long term doesn't work in comic universe BUT the movie universe is not comic universe they don't have obligation trying to extended story for 30 to 40 years. Mutants can be hated and fear for awhile and they can move on just be superheroes with no hate and fear. When they are superheroes maybe movie universe can move on to nuanced hate and fear, like where a Black Person can be most famous basketball player in the world Lebron, Most famous singer in the world Beyonce and even President in Obama but still systematically discriminated against and even on occasion the most famous basketball player on planet gets told "shut up and dribble the basketball your opinion don't matter" or has the n word spray paint on his fence.

X-men are just fine in the MCU the X-men don't have be in perpetual state with general populous where they think mutants are evil they should hate and fear them, and let out killer robots to wipe them out. You can do couple movies like that and move on maybe later something else triggers mutant hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Raider I'm going to explain this with Superman as the example and the difference when a Producer owns the Film Rights to a Character and when they're hired and in an agreement to produced a film.

The Salkinds in the 70's and 80's had bought the film and TV rights to Superman and related characters and they made Superman (1978), Superman II, Superman III, Supergirl, and the Superboy TV Series. Notice I didn't put Superman IV we'll get back to that with Superman 78, Superman II, Superman III, Supergirl, and the Superboy TV Series they had full creative control of those projects from casting to final cut of the films and series WB only had control was they had distribution rights.

Now as for Superman IV the Salkinds since they owned the film rights sold them to Cannon Films who made Superman IV and had full creative control.

Eventually WB got the TV Rights back and since Lois & Clark all TV shows have been made by WB but it was many years until they got the film rights because in the 90's Jon Peters bought the Superman film rights and thus had full creative control watch the late Jon Schnepp's documentary on the failed making of Burton's Superman Lives with Peters and you'll see he had final say on all decisions not WB. After Superman Returns WB got the film rights back and the DCEU films are the first Superman films where they were in the driving seat.

Zack and Deborah Snyder produced the DCEU movies, their production company made them, and Zack was the director and even with all that power guess who made all the final calls even on films final edits? WB not the Snyder's because the WB were the owners of the properties and film rights it was their toys and they were allowing the Snyder's to play with them with conditions.

If you want to look closer to home for Marvel and see what it would look like if someone else owned the film rights to a Marvel Character even ones in the MCU. Hulk doesn't get solo movies because Universal has a distribution contract and Disney doesn't see the point when they can just have Hulk in other films not just his own. Than the big one Spider-Man Sony has final approval on all Spider-Man appearances in the MCU and once the contract is up with Far From Home they can pull him from the MCU and there are hundreds of YT videos, News Articles, and Blogger post on it.

So if anyone controlled the film rights to the FF and X-Properties it would be news and everyone would be talking about because they're would be articles on how the would affect the characters coming to the MCU and could they be pulled from the MCU. It doesn't matter that LSD and Feige are friends because at the end of the day Feige is a Disney employee and all it would take is Feige leaving or Disney having a falling out with LSD and she could take the X-Men and leave.

As for you're argument nobody knows yes people do know Fox, Disney, and the Federal Government knew when they had to list the assets Disney would be acquiring from Fox it's how we got the list of IPs Disney now owns and the Film Rights for the FF and X-Men were a part of it.

I'm sorry but this argument that someone other than Fox owned the Film Rights is Silly at best and trollish at worst.
    People have been talking about the fantastic four they are owned by a company called Constatine films. But Fox has a deal with them and they are basically silent partners. now technically Disney would have a deal with them. I assume Disney has probaly already worked out a compensation for that company to sign full rights back over since Disney should hold all the power. I also believe Daredevil was owed by a smaller company that made a deal with fox before the rights reverted back to Marvel but I'm not 100% on that one. But I have seen plenty of articles saying that Constatine is a non factor in marvel getting the rights back. A company that small I'm assuming doesnt stand much a chance without Fox's support.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

This is the third interview that I have seen where the interviewer believes the current X-verse will be a part of the MCU timeline. I have also seen questions like this in the YouTube comment section of the Dark Phoenix trailer, asking if the movie is in the MCU now.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 01-17-2019 at 12:14 PM.

BANNED

Why is any of this is bother you, it’s bother you so much that you have to write a book.
    Really who cares what or whom owns the rights, it’s not effecting anyone’s life.
    Plus this book you wrote has nothing to do with Fox nor Lauren Shuler Donner.

Why is any of this is bother you, it’s bother you so much that you have to write a book.
    Really who cares what or whom owns the rights, it’s not effecting anyone’s life.
    Plus this book you wrote has nothing to do with Fox nor Lauren Shuler Donner.
    I don't like lies and saying LSD owns the X-Men film rights is that lies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    This is opinion discuss a lot on forums and he is right long term doesn't work in comic universe BUT the movie universe is not comic universe they don't have obligation trying to extended story for 30 to 40 years. Mutants can be hated and fear for awhile and they can move on just be superheroes with no hate and fear. When they are superheroes maybe movie universe can move on to nuanced hate and fear, like where a Black Person can be most famous basketball player in the world Lebron, Most famous singer in the world Beyonce and even President in Obama but still systematically discriminated against and even on occasion the most famous basketball player on planet gets told "shut up and dribble the basketball your opinion don't matter" or has the n word spray paint on his fence.

X-men are just fine in the MCU the X-men don't have be in perpetual state with general populous where they think mutants are evil they should hate and fear them, and let out killer robots to wipe them out. You can do couple movies like that and move on maybe later something else triggers mutant hate.

James McAvoy knows more about this than anybody on this forum.
    I think he’s just the start, there will probably be more people involved in the X-Men speaking out and telling Disney that this is a dumb move.

James McAvoy knows more about this than anybody on this forum.
    I think he’s just the start, there will probably be more people involved in the X-Men speaking out and telling Disney that this is a dumb move.
    James McAvoy is most likely gonna be out of a job as MCU will probaly want a fresh start. So hes not the best source

That said hes a great actor and I can see them targeting him for another role. My vote would be Chamilion in Spiderman 3
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 01-17-2019 at 01:49 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    James McAvoy is most likely gonna be out of a job as MCU will probaly want a fresh start. So hes not the best source

That said hes a great actor and I can see them targeting him for another role. My vote would be Chamilion in Spiderman 3
    I don’t think that’s going to happen, they are not going to waste time and money rebooting a franchise that don’t need rebooting.
    The X-Men is the the biggest and most successful franchise for Fox. I know the MCU fans want to see a reboot to make the XCU to be like MCU. But there is no creative nor financial reason for a reboot. The X-Men world today will be the same X-Men world under Disney. No one at Fox or Disney has never even hinted a reboot. That just MCU fanboy’s fantasy.
    Now that doesn’t mean we won’t see crossover, I believe there will be a crossover at sometime, but not as extensive as MCU fans wants.
    Kevin Feige already has a lot on his plate with Phase 4, taking on the whole X-Men is way too much. Seems like the MCU fans are trying to kill Feige.
    Last edited by Raiders; 01-17-2019 at 04:38 PM.

Even if they have a fresh start they probably have him play a different Marvel character.

BANNED

I don't like lies and saying LSD owns the X-Men film rights is that lies.

You don’t know that.

I don’t think that’s going to happen, they are not going to waste time and money rebooting a franchise that don’t need rebooting.
    The X-Men is the the biggest and most successful franchise for Fox. I know the MCU fans want to see a reboot to make the XCU to be like MCU. But there is no creative nor financial reason for a reboot. The X-Men world today will be the same X-Men world under Disney. No one at Fox or Disney has never even hinted a reboot. That just MCU fanboy’s fantasy.
    Now that doesn’t mean we won’t see crossover, I believe there will be a crossover at sometime, but not as extensive as MCU fans wants.
    Kevin Feige already has a lot on his plate with Phase 4, taking on the whole X-Men is way too much. Seems like the MCU fans are trying to kill Feige.
    Your delusional If you think they don't want to restart and begin fresh The amazing spiderman 2 made about 200m more then Apocalypse. And when Sony Came to terms with Marvel they rebooted that **** quick fast and in a hurry. Much to Garfields dismay(Too bad he was good in the suit with the wise cracks and swag. Woulda been cool to see what he coulda done with mcu behind him). Deadpool is the only one safe imo. He probaly gets to make jokes about the MCU and maybe a nick fury or soemthing cameo in his movie but he will never be in a MCU movie. XCU outside of Deadpool would be middle of the road I mean apocalypse made Antman numbers. of there recent films DoFP was the biggest and that's middle of the road box office wise. Half of the MCU movies beat that. If you adjust for inflation the OG Xmen movies did way better but that cast is gone so I dont see why Marvel would keep the current talent and universe outside of Deadpools who in his own little world anyway. So I dont see money playing Into it all as I'm sure feigie and marvel think they can make a version to compete with they're other big franchises.

BANNED

Your delusional If you think they don't want to restart and begin fresh The amazing spiderman 2 made about 200m more then Apocalypse. And when Sony Came to terms with Marvel they rebooted that **** quick fast and in a hurry. Much to Garfields dismay(Too bad he was good in the suit with the wise cracks and swag. Woulda been cool to see what he coulda done with mcu behind him). Deadpool is the only one safe imo. He probaly gets to make jokes about the MCU and maybe a nick fury or soemthing cameo in his movie but he will never be in a MCU movie. XCU outside of Deadpool would be middle of the road I mean apocalypse made Antman numbers. of there recent films DoFP was the biggest and that's middle of the road box office wise. Half of the MCU movies beat that. If you adjust for inflation the OG Xmen movies did way better but that cast is gone so I dont see why Marvel would keep the current talent and universe outside of Deadpools who in his own little world anyway. So I dont see money playing Into it all as I'm sure feigie and marvel think they can make a version to compete with they're other big franchises.
    This is nothing but MCU fanboy’s fantasy. No one at Disney or Fox is quoted saying the X-Men will be rebooted.
    People conveniently forget Kevin Feige helped create the XCU with his friend Lauren Shuler Donner. There is no way he’s going to destroy that world he helped to create.
    Fiege knows XCU should not be like the MCU. They are different type of worlds just like in the comics.
    Last edited by Raiders; 01-17-2019 at 06:55 PM.

From what I’ve heard, Sony cancelled the Amazing Spider-Man series before the deal with Marvel because it lost money.

Not saying they won’t restart but ASM2 making 200 million more than Apocalypse doesn’t really matter if didn’t make a profit, which is what really matters at the end of the day.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 01-17-2019 at 06:56 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    From what I’ve heard, Sony cancelled the Amazing Spider-Man series before the deal with Marvel because it lost money.

Not saying they won’t restart but ASM2 making 200 million more than Apocalypse doesn’t really matter if didn’t make a profit, which is what really matters at the end of the day.
    That’s exactly what happen, Sony spent to much money on the budget and marketing. The first movie was around $230 million and is rumours the second movie ended up be around $300 million, this is not counting the hundreds of million they spent on promotion.