Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I can see another fight between Kevin Feige and Isaac Perlmutter over the X-Men.
    Remember Fox’s license deal is with Perlmutter’s Marvel Entertainment, not Fiege’s Marvel Studio.
    These two guys don’t get alone at all.

We also got to remember Fox has a contract with the Donner Company and Kinberg Genre Company to produce all X-Men live action movies and television shows. Because Disney is buying Fox, Disney has to honor all Fox’s contracts, liabilities and debt.

Don’t expect a MCU/X-Men marriage in the near future.
    Last edited by Raiders; 01-02-2019 at 06:02 PM.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    We also got to remember Fox has a contract with the Donner Company and Kinberg Genre Company to produce all X-Men live action movies and television shows. Because Disney is buying Fox, Disney has to honor all Fox’s contracts, liabilities and debt.
    Lets not start that nonsense again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Lets not start that nonsense again.
    Sorry, but that’s how it works.
    A merger or buying a company do not break contracts.
    However, they can still renegotiate a contract if all sides agree.
    A renegotiation is likely. I think Disney will buy Donner and Kinberg out of their contract.
    But the big fight will be between ME and MS over the control of the live action X-Men.
    MS is likely to win this fight.

These processes might take a few years as lawyers get involved.
    Last edited by Raiders; 01-02-2019 at 08:33 PM.

Sorry, but that’s how it works.
    A merger or buying a company do not break contracts.
    However, they can still renegotiate a contract if all sides agree.
    A renegotiation is likely. I think Disney will buy Donner and Kinberg out of their contract.
    But the big fight will be between ME and MS over the control of the live action X-Men.
    MS is likely to win this fight.

These processes might take a few years as lawyers get involved.
    You think Dinsey is gonna let Marvels tv side hold up they're ability to put out movies. If Ike really tried to get in the way I dont thinki it will end well for him at all. Bob iger's has already said it makes sense for all these properties to be under Kevin fiegie control. Ike will get to play with whatever Feigie doesnt want.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    You think Dinsey is gonna let Marvels tv side hold up they're ability to put out movies. If Ike really tried to get in the way I dont thinki it will end well for him at all. Bob iger's has already said it makes sense for all these properties to be under Kevin fiegie control. Ike will get to play with whatever Feigie doesnt want.
    Yeah Disney already sided with Feige over Perlmutter already in the biggest way possible kicking Ike out of Marvel Studios and Marvel TV have openly admitted many times Marvel Studios calls the shots on what they get to use and Iger has like you said already said Feige and Marvel Studios will be making future FF and X-Men films which Feige just confirmed there's been talks about when they get the characters which look to be in about 6 months.

Also Raider puts way more importance on Production companies they are like Contractors with an construction company you hire to build your house they do the work and get paid but the final product is yours and you have final say during production. The only way the Studio doesn't have final say or upper hand is if the producer owns the film rights of the project like the Salkinds use too with Superman but Lauren Shuler Donner said in a Vanity Fair article in 2017 she secured the rights for Fox they are and always have been the sole film rights holder. To put in recent perspective Zack Snyder directed Justice League was a architect of the DCEU, his wife Deborah was a Producer on Justice League, and his Production company was one of the ones who made the film and even he couldn't override WB and get his cut of the film released. So yeah Feige will be the only one will say outside of Disney once this deal is finalized.

Lucrecia Martel, Potential Marvel director calls MCU Special effects horrendous. https://www.animatedtimes.com/marvel...k-widow-movie/

Lucrecia Martel, a director that was approached for the Black Widow solo movie, is now slamming Marvel Studios for the model they use for their movies.
    First reported by The Pioneer, Martel revealed her experience with Marvel when she spoke at Jio MAMI Mumbai Film Festival. Martel explained that while movie studios are now allowing more women to direct films, they still don't think female filmmakers should handle action sequences. Martel further explained, "Companies are interested in female filmmakers but they still think action scenes are for male directors. The first thing I asked them was maybe if they could change the special effects because there's so many laser lights... I find them horrible. Also the soundtrack of Marvel films is quite horrendous. Maybe we disagree on this but it's really hard to watch a Marvel film. It's painful to the ears to watch Marvel films". Martel finished speaking by saying that she would still be interested in making a Black Widow movie.

Those telling me I was wrong to call out MCU poor use of Special effects not wanting X-Men to have that since X-Men used more practical effects. Marvel can hire this lady and let her direct her movie. Am I surprised Marvel told her they will take care of everything? all Marvel movies looking the same is the cause of this. Can Marvel at least treat X-men differently?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    Lucrecia Martel, Potential Marvel director calls MCU Special effects horrendous. https://www.animatedtimes.com/marvel...k-widow-movie/

Lucrecia Martel, a director that was approached for the Black Widow solo movie, is now slamming Marvel Studios for the model they use for their movies.
    First reported by The Pioneer, Martel revealed her experience with Marvel when she spoke at Jio MAMI Mumbai Film Festival. Martel explained that while movie studios are now allowing more women to direct films, they still don't think female filmmakers should handle action sequences. Martel further explained, "Companies are interested in female filmmakers but they still think action scenes are for male directors. The first thing I asked them was maybe if they could change the special effects because there's so many laser lights... I find them horrible. Also the soundtrack of Marvel films is quite horrendous. Maybe we disagree on this but it's really hard to watch a Marvel film. It's painful to the ears to watch Marvel films". Martel finished speaking by saying that she would still be interested in making a Black Widow movie.

Those telling me I was wrong to call out MCU poor use of Special effects not wanting X-Men to have that since X-Men used more practical effects. Marvel can hire this lady and let her direct her movie. Am I surprised Marvel told her they will take care of everything? all Marvel movies looking the same is the cause of this. Can Marvel at least treat X-men differently?
    I hear their entire movie production business is to raise money for secret puppy fighting rings. And they brutally sacrifice adorable kittens before every match.

BANNED

I can see another fight between Kevin Feige and Isaac Perlmutter over the X-Men.
    Remember Fox’s license deal is with Perlmutter’s Marvel Entertainment, not Fiege’s Marvel Studio.
    These two guys don’t get alone at all.

Don’t expect a MCU/X-Men marriage in the near future.
    Seriously, you're wrong about this. And the fact that you've been shown this multiple times and keep shoveling this nonsense out says a lot about you. You don't know what you're talking about. This is nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    I hear their entire movie production business is to raise money for secret puppy fighting rings. And they brutally sacrifice adorable kittens before every match.
    Funny thing is Marvel has always admitted to using others to film fight scenes going back to Winter Soldier they like to get the best people possible for the jobs. Marvel Studios puts guidelines to directors with their films but they also allow Directors to put their own stamps own them too Winter Soldier, Civil War, and Infinity War all feel like Russo Bros films now that we know their style, First Avenger is a Joe Johnston film watch Rocketeer they could be in the same universe, Thor Ragnarok is a Taika Waititi film, Avengers and Age of Ultron are dripping with Whedon's humor, while Guardians has Gunn's fingerprints all over them. It's ironic for someone praising Fox X-Men films to pull the all Marvel Studios films look the same because they don't and even DC films from Donner, to Burton and Schumacher to current day with Nolan, Snyder, Wan, Ayer, and Jenkins all brought their own styles to their film while the X-Men film series outside of First Class, Logan, and Deadpool series are the most homogeneous superhero films possibly ever made.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 01-03-2019 at 09:48 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Funny thing is Marvel has always admitted to using others to film fight scenes going back to Winter Soldier they like to get the best people possible for the jobs. Marvel Studios puts guidelines to directors with their films but they also allow Directors to put their own stamps own them too Winter Soldier, Civil War, and Infinity War all feel like Russo Bros films now that we know their style, First Avenger is a Joe Johnston film watch Rocketeer they could be in the same universe, Thor Ragnarok is a Taika Waititi film, Avengers and Age of Ultron are dripping with Whedon's humor, while Guardians has Gunn's fingerprints all over them. It's ironic for someone praising Fox X-Men films to pull the all Marvel Studios films look the same because they don't and even DC films from Donner, to Burton and Schumacher to current day with Nolan, Snyder, Wan, Ayer, and Jenkins all brought their own styles to their film while the X-Men film series outside of First Class, Logan, and Deadpool series are the most homogeneous superhero films possibly ever made.
    I agree with your post 100%. You can tell something is a Marvel movie because it's entertaining and well crafted, but the styles are so, so different. The X-universe never managed that until Logan and Deadpool. Even First Class didn't break much.

But the puppies man....the puppies! Marvel Girl, in her relentless effort to spew illogical nonsense about the MCU, probably hsa even more dark, totally not real examples of their atrocities. I, for one, would like to hear more.

Even Logan repeats the same story beats as X-Men and The Wolverine.

Wolverine wants to be mostly left alone and mind his own business in the beginning. Meets a female character, they don't get along very well first. He then gets caught up in a situation he doesn't want to be in. Has to become a guardian/protector of that female character. They bond. But in the end they have to separate.

Lol everything about this is rediculous.

BANNED

Seriously, you're wrong about this. And the fact that you've been shown this multiple times and keep shoveling this nonsense out says a lot about you. You don't know what you're talking about. This is nonsense.
    It’s not nonsense, this is business.
    Disney and Fox isn’t the only companies this merger will effect.
    This is not a simple process, it’s a very complicated process that take a few years.
    It takes a few years for everything to be settle.
    That’s why Iger is staying on until 2021 to oversee the merger issues.

I agree with your post 100%. You can tell something is a Marvel movie because it's entertaining and well crafted, but the styles are so, so different. The X-universe never managed that until Logan and Deadpool. Even First Class didn't break much.

But the puppies man....the puppies! Marvel Girl, in her relentless effort to spew illogical nonsense about the MCU, probably hsa even more dark, totally not real examples of their atrocities. I, for one, would like to hear more.
    Even the Raimi Spider-Man and Tim Story FF films have their own styles Spider-Man 2's Doc Ock surgery scene looks like Evil Dead or Dark Man. Most people who do Superhero films usually bring their own styles to the projects where you can look at it you know who directed it. X-Men, X2, Last Stand, Origins, the Wolverine, DOFP, and Apocalypse look interchangeable. I hope Marvel makes the X-Men look like their own thing and chooses a Director with vision to do it.

BANNED

I hope Kevin Feige don’t treat the X-Men with the same cookie cutter approach as the MCU.