Page 12 of 67 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    It’s not nonsense, this is business.
    Disney and Fox isn’t the only companies this merger will effect.
    This is not a simple process, it’s a very complicated process that take a few years.
    It takes a few years for everything to be settle.
    That’s why Iger is staying on until 2021 to oversee the merger issues.
    Your beliefs about the production companies and rights are nonsense. Utter nonsense. And this has been shown to you about a dozen times alone that I've read, but it appears no fact or bit of logic will penetrate this delusion of yours.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    Lucrecia Martel, Potential Marvel director calls MCU Special effects horrendous. https://www.animatedtimes.com/marvel...k-widow-movie/

Lucrecia Martel, a director that was approached for the Black Widow solo movie, is now slamming Marvel Studios for the model they use for their movies.
    First reported by The Pioneer, Martel revealed her experience with Marvel when she spoke at Jio MAMI Mumbai Film Festival. Martel explained that while movie studios are now allowing more women to direct films, they still don't think female filmmakers should handle action sequences. Martel further explained, "Companies are interested in female filmmakers but they still think action scenes are for male directors. The first thing I asked them was maybe if they could change the special effects because there's so many laser lights... I find them horrible. Also the soundtrack of Marvel films is quite horrendous. Maybe we disagree on this but it's really hard to watch a Marvel film. It's painful to the ears to watch Marvel films". Martel finished speaking by saying that she would still be interested in making a Black Widow movie.

Those telling me I was wrong to call out MCU poor use of Special effects not wanting X-Men to have that since X-Men used more practical effects. Marvel can hire this lady and let her direct her movie. Am I surprised Marvel told her they will take care of everything? all Marvel movies looking the same is the cause of this. Can Marvel at least treat X-men differently?
    Another day another person slams mcu movies.treating xmen differently is asking mcu not to make cooperate factory movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Funny thing is Marvel has always admitted to using others to film fight scenes going back to Winter Soldier they like to get the best people possible for the jobs. Marvel Studios puts guidelines to directors with their films but they also allow Directors to put their own stamps own them too Winter Soldier, Civil War, and Infinity War all feel like Russo Bros films now that we know their style, First Avenger is a Joe Johnston film watch Rocketeer they could be in the same universe, Thor Ragnarok is a Taika Waititi film, Avengers and Age of Ultron are dripping with Whedon's humor, while Guardians has Gunn's fingerprints all over them. It's ironic for someone praising Fox X-Men films to pull the all Marvel Studios films look the same because they don't and even DC films from Donner, to Burton and Schumacher to current day with Nolan, Snyder, Wan, Ayer, and Jenkins all brought their own styles to their film while the X-Men film series outside of First Class, Logan, and Deadpool series are the most homogeneous superhero films possibly ever made.
    Marvel should not be putting guidelines for directors. Their movies lack quality because of guidelines. what is ironic is the obvious revelation of how mcu movies are made, though I already figured it out years ago. MCU movies are the ones with the code. their forumla code have ended up with so much inferiority to non-cinematic movies I don't know where to start dissecting MCU movies as a marvel fan whose have been around the block since the first marvel movie came out.(Blade)

Thor Ragnarok is not a Taika movie, if it was he deserved all the dislikes the movie got. Obviously he knew nothing about the story. It’s an MCU movie at the very worst of the marvel guidelines. takes such an important thoughtful story after the House of M event as Thor Ragnarok and makes a mockery out of it with no resemblance to the story, how many MCU movies have done this? 85% of them since all their movies have to be the same in the end as told by Marvel themselves. Don’t contend with marvel on their word. Did you ever read the original GOTG? Sometimes I ask myself why Marvel ever felt they needed Disney. They did just fine with Iron Man 1, to fall so fast was sad.

I have said it many times imagine if DOFP and TDK has turned out like Thor Ragnarok. DOFP and TDK are movies with style with no studio telling the Nolan and Bryan what to do. To add Thor to that list, I will be insulting those movies on the basis that TDK and DOFP don't mock the story and don’t look like Xbox games.

First Class, Logan, Deadpool all have their own styles since it was done by different people. X2, DOFP, X1 is done by the same person. MCU has more movies and the more the put out movies the more they become interchangeable. What was Black Panther again to us comic fans. Change the race of the cast and retell the same story. The marvel guideline code even when given the opportunity not to use it (Black Panther). They do.
    If you truly want to see the lazy style of MCU look no further than Captain Marvel. All the complaints from the trailer and some of us have not figured why it feels off. The special effects. laser lights like Martel said. why do MCU movies look like xbox games? because Martel revealed they never intended for her to create the effects herself. Nightcralwer’s first appearance in X2 still looks better than Black Panther and Infinity war thanks to the use of superior effects and you can tell Singer created it since directors love practical effects more than computer generated effect. if mcu was not given guideline their movies won’t look like Xbox games.

Lazer beams criticisms were not nitpicking one MCU movie. it was all MCU movies. Look around you, you don’t seen anyone nit-picking all X-Men movies or all Spiderman movies or all Batman movies. People can obviously tell the movies apart. Sam Raimi's Spiderman, Webb's Spiderman, MCU Spiderman. Burton's batman, Joel's Batman, Snyder's Batman, Nolan's batman as you can tell Singer's X-men, Mangold's X-men, Ratner's X-Men. It is thoughtful to like X2 and hate X3. I dislike all Avengers movies. Marvel has had a guideline post Iron Man 1 and have used it over and over again. Subjecting X-Men with 11 movies that have shown superior outcomes to the marvel guideline will be a bigger joke than Ragnarok was.
    I just can’t get around this. Ragnork is a Taika movie, does it mean X3 was a Brett Ratner movie as we ignore the story of The Dark Phoenix Saga and House of M disassembled
    people do come up with unusual ways to defend the undefendable of Marvel (MCU) movies.

I will still have to say no to X-Men in the marvel guidelines.
    Last edited by Marvelgirl; 01-04-2019 at 03:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    I agree with your post 100%. You can tell something is a Marvel movie because it's entertaining and well crafted, but the styles are so, so different. The X-universe never managed that until Logan and Deadpool. Even First Class didn't break much.

But the puppies man....the puppies! Marvel Girl, in her relentless effort to spew illogical nonsense about the MCU, probably hsa even more dark, totally not real examples of their atrocities. I, for one, would like to hear more.

Did you just say I spew illogical nonsense? I didn’t say anything at least not directly. That was marvel on their lazy use of effects speaking ,what I figured out years ago getting the confirmation of a potential director who Marvel approached. You just called marvel illogical nonsense. I won’t go that far though I will admit they make generic lazy movies to the more thought provoking xmen movies. What I can do now is limit the collateral damage that is to come with X-men in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeramas View Post
    Another day another person slams mcu movies.treating xmen differently is asking mcu not to make cooperate factory movies.
    She can join the club in a long line. I am not a director of anything. I already knew MCU movies were the weakest Marvel movies not just in story but in effects. Marvel should not subject X-men to that.

Marvel should not be putting guidelines for directors. Their movies lack quality because of guidelines. what is ironic is the obvious revelation of how mcu movies are made, though I already figured it out years ago. MCU movies are the ones with the code. their forumla code have ended up with so much inferiority to non-cinematic movies I don't know where to start dissecting MCU movies as a marvel fan whose have been around the block since the first marvel movie came out.(Blade)

Thor Ragnarok is not a Taika movie, if it was he deserved all the dislikes the movie got. Obviously he knew nothing about the story. It’s an MCU movie at the very worst of the marvel guidelines. takes such an important thoughtful story after the House of M event as Thor Ragnarok and makes a mockery out of it with no resemblance to the story, how many MCU movies have done this? 85% of them since all their movies have to be the same in the end as told by Marvel themselves. Don’t contend with marvel on their word. Did you ever read the original GOTG? Sometimes I ask myself why Marvel ever felt they needed Disney. They did just fine with Iron Man 1, to fall so fast was sad.

I have said it many times imagine if DOFP and TDK has turned out like Thor Ragnarok. DOFP and TDK are movies with style with no studio telling the Nolan and Bryan what to do. To add Thor to that list, I will be insulting those movies on the basis that TDK and DOFP don't mock the story and don’t look like Xbox games.

First Class, Logan, Deadpool all have their own styles since it was done by different people. X2, DOFP, X1 is done by the same person. MCU has more movies and the more the put out movies the more they become interchangeable. What was Black Panther again to us comic fans. Change the race of the cast and retell the same story. The marvel guideline code even when given the opportunity not to use it (Black Panther). They do.
    If you truly want to see the lazy style of MCU look no further than Captain Marvel. All the complaints from the trailer and some of us have not figured why it feels off. The special effects. laser lights like Martel said. why do MCU movies look like xbox games? because Martel revealed they never intended for her to create the effects herself. Nightcralwer’s first appearance in X2 still looks better than Black Panther and Infinity war thanks to the use of superior effects and you can tell Singer created it since directors love practical effects more than computer generated effect. if mcu was not given guideline their movies won’t look like Xbox games.

Lazer beams criticisms were not nitpicking one MCU movie. it was all MCU movies. Look around you, you don’t seen anyone nit-picking all X-Men movies or all Spiderman movies or all Batman movies. People can obviously tell the movies apart. Sam Raimi's Spiderman, Webb's Spiderman, MCU Spiderman. Burton's batman, Joel's Batman, Snyder's Batman, Nolan's batman as you can tell Singer's X-men, Mangold's X-men, Ratner's X-Men. It is thoughtful to like X2 and hate X3. I dislike all Avengers movies. Marvel has had a guideline post Iron Man 1 and have used it over and over again. Subjecting X-Men with 11 movies that have shown superior outcomes to the marvel guideline will be a bigger joke than Ragnarok was.
    I just can’t get around this. Ragnork is a Taika movie, does it mean X3 was a Brett Ratner movie as we ignore the story of The Dark Phoenix Saga and House of M disassembled
    people do come up with unusual ways to defend the undefendable of Marvel (MCU) movies.

I will still have to say no to X-Men looking like MCU movies.
    Last Stand, the Wolverine, and Origins look like the same cook cutter X-Men films and not the same director and Dark Phoenix looks to be no different. Nolan and Raimi have style the rest you mentioned don't. The single most time Singer ever had style he was trying to copy Donner in Superman Returns. Thor Ragnarok made more money than any other Thor movie and better reviews so I hope Taika took a victory lap.

Please quit comparing DOFP & TDK it's embarrassing TDK is a way better movie.

As for a Marvel live action fan I've been around since the Hulk TV series and Captain America TV movies and I've seen them the Dr. Strange pilot, Captain America Serials, Spider-Man TV series, Japan Spider-Man Series, Generation-X pilot movie, Mutant--X, Nick Fury TV movie, Punisher 89, Hulk TV movies all 3 (Return, Trial, and Death), Howard the Duck, Blade Trilogy and TV Series, Ghost Rider (2007), Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance, Roger Corman's Fantastic Four, Fantastic Four (2005), Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer, Fan4stick, Power Pack TV pilot, Captain America (1990), Man-Thing TV movie, All Sony Spider-Man movies and Venom, Daredevil Movie, Elektra, Hulk (2003), All MCU movies and Shows, All Fox X-Properties films and TV series, Punisher (2004), Punisher War Zone, Dirty Laundry, heck I've seen Adventures in Babysitting so you being around since Blade doesn't impress me like at all you're practically still a newbie to Marvel to me.

I will still have to say no to X-Men in the marvel guidelines.
    Haha its hilarious you keep talking about MCU movies being bad like it's some kind of fact. If you don't like then fine but what dislikes are you talking about Ragnarok was a smash hit with critics and audiences. And the humor in that movie was very much Taika movie. The things that made that movie less like the previous two were all Taika's Humor.

If you rephrase things you might get more people trying to actually debate and/or agree with you. But you keep stating very very very unpopular opinions as facts.

Im hoping the New X-men kids get a push.

I hope Kevin Feige don’t treat the X-Men with the same cookie cutter approach as the MCU.

Fiege will treat X-Men very cookie cutter. He has become one of the biggest supporters of comic films are silly and spoofy. How bad will it be is the damage that can be limited to an extent. The untruthful presumption I like only r rated and dark movies is ridiculous. Never said that. I am not the biggest fan of r rated movies though some x-men stories do better as r rated. I like most comic films pg 13.
    MCU has a habit of mistreating stories for the cookie cutter appeal.(Thor Ragnarok ) Caring more about their cinematic crossover factor. X-Men never needed crossovers. It already had its own style from the very first scene of that opened in Auschwitz to the last scene Logan dies. thinking X-Men in the MCU will be like that is much worse knowing it won't happen.Go with the cookie cutter spoofy approach for X-Men in the MCU. pray it is not as bad as GOTG, Ant Man or Thor Ragnarok or has the same generic writing as Infinity War/Black Panther.
    Last edited by Marvelgirl; 01-04-2019 at 08:41 AM.

MCU has a habit of mistreating stories for not as bad as GOTG, Ant Man or Thor Ragnarok or has the same generic writing as Infinity War/Black Panther.
    Yes they 'mistreat' stories so badly they've made 3 times as much as the X franchise and their worst movies are average action movies.

BANNED

Did you just say I spew illogical nonsense? I didn’t say anything at least not directly. That was marvel on their lazy use of effects speaking ,what I figured out years ago getting the confirmation of a potential director who Marvel approached. You just called marvel illogical nonsense. I won’t go that far though I will admit they make generic lazy movies to the more thought provoking xmen movies. What I can do now is limit the collateral damage that is to come with X-men in the MCU. .
    Your trolling is adorably ridiculous. Well, maybe not adorable.

BANNED

Your beliefs about the production companies and rights are nonsense. Utter nonsense. And this has been shown to you about a dozen times alone that I've read, but it appears no fact or bit of logic will penetrate this delusion of yours.
    You are misunderstanding what I’m saying.
    My point is X-Men joining the MCU is not as simple as fans think.

BANNED

You are misunderstanding what I’m saying.
    My point is X-Men joining the MCU is not as simple as fans think.
    Maybe. It's also probably not as complicated as you think. If it was, I doubt Feige would be handing out quotes about when he plans to start working on the films.

He kept a pretty tight lip during the purchase, as his thoughts become more open it signals to many (rightly) that things are moving quickly that direction. I would agree with you that most fans are being too optimistic about the timetable, but you seem to be too far on the other end.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Lucrecia Martel, Potential Marvel director calls MCU Special effects horrendous. https://www.animatedtimes.com/marvel...k-widow-movie/

Lucrecia Martel, a director that was approached for the Black Widow solo movie, is now slamming Marvel Studios for the model they use for their movies.
    First reported by The Pioneer, Martel revealed her experience with Marvel when she spoke at Jio MAMI Mumbai Film Festival. Martel explained that while movie studios are now allowing more women to direct films, they still don't think female filmmakers should handle action sequences. Martel further explained, "Companies are interested in female filmmakers but they still think action scenes are for male directors. The first thing I asked them was maybe if they could change the special effects because there's so many laser lights... I find them horrible. Also the soundtrack of Marvel films is quite horrendous. Maybe we disagree on this but it's really hard to watch a Marvel film. It's painful to the ears to watch Marvel films". Martel finished speaking by saying that she would still be interested in making a Black Widow movie.

Those telling me I was wrong to call out MCU poor use of Special effects not wanting X-Men to have that since X-Men used more practical effects. Marvel can hire this lady and let her direct her movie. Am I surprised Marvel told her they will take care of everything? all Marvel movies looking the same is the cause of this. Can Marvel at least treat X-men differently?
    Keep in mind that this is an Argentinian arthouse filmaker that has never done and American film. Of coarse she is not going to like a studio telling her anything because arthouse directors don't work that way. Reading her bio I can not think of a worse fit for trying to do a big budget studio film. Why would they trust someone with absolutely no experience filming action to shoot and action movie?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Keep in mind that this is an Argentinian arthouse filmaker that has never done and American film. Of coarse she is not going to like a studio telling her anything because arthouse directors don't work that way. Reading her bio I can not think of a worse fit for trying to do a big budget studio film. Why would they trust someone with absolutely no experience filming action to shoot and action movie?
    Couldn't the same thing be said about the Russo bros pre-CA:WS?

Maybe. It's also probably not as complicated as you think. If it was, I doubt Feige would be handing out quotes about when he plans to start working on the films.

He kept a pretty tight lip during the purchase, as his thoughts become more open it signals to many (rightly) that things are moving quickly that direction. I would agree with you that most fans are being too optimistic about the timetable, but you seem to be too far on the other end.
    It's not when Disney bought Marvel Marvel Studios had a deal with Paramount to distribute their films and it was honored without a beat until Iron Man 3 then Disney released the MCU films going forward because the contract was up. So if Kinberg and Donner has a contract to produce any future X-Men they will continue under Marvel Studios who will call the shots just like Fox did as Disney will own both the characters and film rights going forward.