Page 13 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

A wonderful dream for me would be Jason Momoa as Sabretooth.
    Attachment 76145
    He fits the look & could probably play the role. Getting Sabretooth's sadism, cunning, and snarkiness.

Both of the FOX Sabretooths were terrible.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 01-04-2019 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    A wonderful dream for me would be Jason Momoa as Sabretooth.
    Attachment 76145
    He fits the look & could probably play the role. Getting Sabretooth's sadism, cunning, and snarkiness.

Both of the FOX Sabretooths were terrible.
    I feel like if you took the personality of Liev Schreiber's Sabretooth and gave him the look of Tyler Mane's Sabretooth you would get comic book Sabretooth, just my opinion, also I agree Momoa would probably make a good Sabretooth if given the chance.

BANNED

As a die hard DC fan, X-Men was the only Marvel baby that made me always want DC to raise the bar. be on guards. I don't have to worry about that anymore with MCU own's X-Men movies.
    Last edited by Jeramas; 01-05-2019 at 05:07 AM.

Fantastic Member

What I want, and this might be controversial, is to start with the prof x/magneto backstory in the present and play the long (but somewhat compressed) game

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MATBAN View Post
    I feel like if you took the personality of Liev Schreiber's Sabretooth and gave him the look of Tyler Mane's Sabretooth you would get comic book Sabretooth, just my opinion, also I agree Momoa would probably make a good Sabretooth if given the chance.
    Not for me. Mane looked like a hobo. lol I prefer my Sabretooth as someone who can look predatory, but pull back & be a cunning human predator as well. I like Sabretooth looking more human, but a bit feral. Rather than going the animal (or hobo) route.

For example, a Sabretooth who can put on a suit & work among people -in addition to his more feral side.
    Attachment 76170
    Attachment 76171
    Attachment 76172

For me personally, Mane's Sabretooth was too stupid and too basic-animal all around. Meanwhile Schreiber just wasn't the right actor, nor was his role good to begin with since they merged Sabretooth with Dog Logan and the part was lackluster overall.

My ideas and movie outline for the X-franchise in Marvel. Its less 'classic' then many would like I suspect. Its also fairly rough and was written to a friend on FB messenger.

First of all I wont get into how Mutants are now here. Let Feige etc deal with that. Secondly like Homecoming I want to avoid as much from the last franchises as possible. Including the terrible themes.

In this movie these characters will not appear on screen. They may exist, they may not, they may also be alluded to. Wolverine, Cyclops, Deadpool, Storm, Rogue, Iceman, Jean, Magneto, Xavier, Iceman, Mystique, Beast.

The film is a hybrid of Breakfast Club and Ferris Buellers day off. A group of quirky teens with Superpowers natural friction cause them to get in trouble, they skip detention to steal the Blackhawk and go on wacky shenanigans that segway into the darker realities of being a mutant and an X-man.

The core cast is....

X-23 - Fans will want a Wolverine to tide them over till they can eventually recast Jackman, a teenage agressive tomboy with a chip on her shoulder and a less then favourable look on authority.

Pixie - To contrast with the agressive Laura we have the sweetness and sunshine that is Pixie whom is also shy and wants to avoid conflict. A point of contention between her and Laura because unlike X-23 she cant hide that she's a mutant with her hair, wings and eyes.

Quentin Quire - Anarchic youth in revolt who eggs the team on to crazy bullshit. Realises he needs to knuckle down by the end of the movie. Psychic hipster.

Goldballs - Overweight 'loser', clumsy but well meaning. Easily influenced.

The seeming antagonists of the movie are three Xavier staff members sent to retreive them consisting off.....

Collosus - Essentially the Deadpool version. Big CGI, wholesome nice guy.

Nightcrawler - Upbeat, comical, happily interacts with any and everyone yet also the trios transport and the most dangerous one there.

Armour - Serious and focused. The only sane man of the group. Her armour form allows her to see energy remnants letting them track the students.

In actuality the real villains are the purifiers. A blatant Alt Right expy nod. Seemingly nice, wholesome people they become a violent arch mob near the end (who's propaganda also includes more generic anti superhuman stuff so we avoid the 'Ok with Thor' issue) and one of their more focused upon members activates a junkyard sentinel who the team just manage to defeat....only for three more to appear. The Teacher Trio appear at the last minuite and waste the sentinels showing the clear difference in skill before they deal with the Purifiers. Everyone cheers and celebrates...before Armour explains their in MASSIVE trouble.

First credit scene is the group in detention, bored. Jubilee arrives as their teacher to watch over them. She brings in another student. Its Xorn.

Second post credit scene is a gloomy bar. A mobile phone rings with the name 'Xavier school' on it. A frustrated growl is heard before an adamantium claw stabs into the phone.

Xavier gets a small role in the sequel tutoring Quire about how to better use his abilities and as a mentor foil. Quire explicitly arguing over Xaviers vision with the realities. Xorn joins the main cast and we add other modern mutants as small roles. Not sure of the overall plot or villain. Final movie features Magneto whom is using Xorn as a mole leading to a choice of who's side is he on. Said mole-ness is revealed in the sequels first post credit scene.

I'd kind of retool the Last Jedi "All these old people won't stop fighting over their stupid fucking ideas" as Xorns medium before being tipped towards "Magneto talks big and has points but he's as intolerant of those he hates and would create a rigid mutant caste system"

Wolverine appears in the sequels secondpoat credit scene ON SCREEN giving time to let Hugh Jackman get out of people's mind.

I'm very much taking a Homecoming "We've seen all this before" idea where we just dont need to be told stuff we already know, also highlighting lesser known characters.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    My ideas and movie outline for the X-franchise in Marvel. Its less 'classic' then many would like I suspect. Its also fairly rough and was written to a friend on FB messenger.

First of all I wont get into how Mutants are now here. Let Feige etc deal with that. Secondly like Homecoming I want to avoid as much from the last franchises as possible. Including the terrible themes.

In this movie these characters will not appear on screen. They may exist, they may not, they may also be alluded to. Wolverine, Cyclops, Deadpool, Storm, Rogue, Iceman, Jean, Magneto, Xavier, Iceman, Mystique, Beast.

The film is a hybrid of Breakfast Club and Ferris Buellers day off. A group of quirky teens with Superpowers natural friction cause them to get in trouble, they skip detention to steal the Blackhawk and go on wacky shenanigans that segway into the darker realities of being a mutant and an X-man.

The core cast is....

X-23 - Fans will want a Wolverine to tide them over till they can eventually recast Jackman, a teenage agressive tomboy with a chip on her shoulder and a less then favourable look on authority.

Pixie - To contrast with the agressive Laura we have the sweetness and sunshine that is Pixie whom is also shy and wants to avoid conflict. A point of contention between her and Laura because unlike X-23 she cant hide that she's a mutant with her hair, wings and eyes.

Quentin Quire - Anarchic youth in revolt who eggs the team on to crazy bullshit. Realises he needs to knuckle down by the end of the movie. Psychic hipster.

Goldballs - Overweight 'loser', clumsy but well meaning. Easily influenced.

The seeming antagonists of the movie are three Xavier staff members sent to retreive them consisting off.....

Collosus - Essentially the Deadpool version. Big CGI, wholesome nice guy.

Nightcrawler - Upbeat, comical, happily interacts with any and everyone yet also the trios transport and the most dangerous one there.

Armour - Serious and focused. The only sane man of the group. Her armour form allows her to see energy remnants letting them track the students.

In actuality the real villains are the purifiers. A blatant Alt Right expy nod. Seemingly nice, wholesome people they become a violent arch mob near the end (who's propaganda also includes more generic anti superhuman stuff so we avoid the 'Ok with Thor' issue) and one of their more focused upon members activates a junkyard sentinel who the team just manage to defeat....only for three more to appear. The Teacher Trio appear at the last minuite and waste the sentinels showing the clear difference in skill before they deal with the Purifiers. Everyone cheers and celebrates...before Armour explains their in MASSIVE trouble.

First credit scene is the group in detention, bored. Jubilee arrives as their teacher to watch over them. She brings in another student. Its Xorn.

Second post credit scene is a gloomy bar. A mobile phone rings with the name 'Xavier school' on it. A frustrated growl is heard before an adamantium claw stabs into the phone.

Xavier gets a small role in the sequel tutoring Quire about how to better use his abilities and as a mentor foil. Quire explicitly arguing over Xaviers vision with the realities. Xorn joins the main cast and we add other modern mutants as small roles. Not sure of the overall plot or villain. Final movie features Magneto whom is using Xorn as a mole leading to a choice of who's side is he on. Said mole-ness is revealed in the sequels first post credit scene.

I'd kind of retool the Last Jedi "All these old people won't stop fighting over their stupid fucking ideas" as Xorns medium before being tipped towards "Magneto talks big and has points but he's as intolerant of those he hates and would create a rigid mutant caste system"

Wolverine appears in the sequels secondpoat credit scene ON SCREEN giving time to let Hugh Jackman get out of people's mind.

I'm very much taking a Homecoming "We've seen all this before" idea where we just dont need to be told stuff we already know, also highlighting lesser known characters.
    I personaly just want the OG team done faithfully first. But yea my biggest complaint about X2 was I didnt like what they did with Nightcrawler. His action scene was amazing one of Xmens only really good ones. But he wasnt the fun loving prankster from the comics at all. They took his faith a dialed it up to 20 and made that all he was. Apocalypse took steps in the right direction with Nightcralwer but he had very little screen time and the movie as awhole was so forgetable. But i do like your suggestions for Kurt and Piotr. One of my fondest childhood memories is the Xmen cartoon pryde of the xmen. And they think Nightcrawler died and Colossus is beyond ecstatic to find his "little buddy" alive on the ship. So to mean Colossus,Nightcrawlee,and Wolverine have this great dynamic that we have yet to see on screen

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    Marvel should not be putting guidelines for directors. Their movies lack quality because of guidelines.
    Having guidelines is precisely what makes Marvel movies generally above average, and provides a consistent brand experience across films, actors and directors, as well as a cohesive and consistent universe. Saying otherwise is just nonsense.

Amazing Member

I wrote this in another thread, here is my idea:

1st movie: Represent 70s era (ANAD team)
    Plot: Mutant Registry arc
    Main villains - Hellfire Club
    Side villains - Mystiques Brotherhood(introduce Rogue)

2nd movie: Represent 80s era (team could partially resemble Outback team)
    Plot: Mutant Massacre arc
    Main villains: Mr sinister and the Marauders
    Side villains: Morlocks

3rd movie: Represent 90s era (Blue+Gold team)
    Plot: Magneto War
    Main villains: Magneto and the acolytes
    Side villains: Sentinels

Boom! Easy trilogy right there. If we can get a 4th movie, do a AoA story

My idea was that they could follow the actual comic book more faithfully since Fox barely adapted any stories.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    It's not when Disney bought Marvel Marvel Studios had a deal with Paramount to distribute their films and it was honored without a beat until Iron Man 3 then Disney released the MCU films going forward because the contract was up. So if Kinberg and Donner has a contract to produce any future X-Men they will continue under Marvel Studios who will call the shots just like Fox did as Disney will own both the characters and film rights going forward.
    You might be right, but we don’t know yet. But Disney might keep Fox a separate studio as their adult oriented wing, like Touchtone Picture uses to do. Fox has too many R rated and dark adult franchises (including X-Men) to be under the Alan Horn’s Walt Disney Studios, which Marvel Studios is part of.
    If Fox is kept as a separate studio then I can see the X-Men staying with Fox.
    The X-Men has always been a hard PG-13, more recently R rated and now even a horror movie with New Mutants.
    Slapping the MCU formula on the X-Men would be a disaster.
    I think the existing franchises will not join the MCU, but new X-Men like Gambit (a rom-com) probably will be control by Marvel Studios.
    Last edited by Raiders; 01-05-2019 at 03:30 PM.

I want a whole reboot!

If you truly want to see the lazy style of MCU look no further than Captain Marvel. All the complaints from the trailer and some of us have not figured why it feels off. The special effects. laser lights like Martel said. why do MCU movies look like xbox games? because Martel revealed they never intended for her to create the effects herself. Nightcralwer’s first appearance in X2 still looks better than Black Panther and Infinity war thanks to the use of superior effects and you can tell Singer created it since directors love practical effects more than computer generated effect. if mcu was not given guideline their movies won’t look like Xbox games.
    I'm agreed with this and you're right, Marvelgirl. The MCU has a formula for the movies.

More characters get to shine not just Magneto, Xavier, Wolverine, Mystique
    Yeah, I was so tired of them af.

BANNED

Personally, I don’t have a problem with the MCU cookie cutter formula and special effects, it works well for them.
    But I don’t think it’s going to work well for the X-Men.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    You might be right, but we don’t know yet. But Disney might keep Fox a separate studio as their adult oriented wing, like Touchtone Picture uses to do. Fox has too many R rated and dark adult franchises (including X-Men) to be under the Alan Horn’s Walt Disney Studios, which Marvel Studios is part of.
    If Fox is kept as a separate studio then I can see the X-Men staying with Fox.
    The X-Men has always been a hard PG-13, more recently R rated and now even a horror movie with New Mutants.
    Slapping the MCU formula on the X-Men would be a disaster.
    I think the existing franchises will not join the MCU, but new X-Men like Gambit (a rom-com) probably will be control by Marvel Studios.
    The X-men were never a hard PG-13 until maybe Wolverine Origins. If you think any of the first three movies were "Hard PG-13" you don't know what that means.

You know what the MCU "formula" does? Prevents a ****-storm of incoherence that Fox created over their line of movies. You know, the kind of incoherence that caused the movies to constantly try to retcon the last one to make the new one work. Or wedge poorly conceived ideas together.

The MCU movies are fun, well made, and a ton of effort is put into making them cohesive and thoughtful about the long game. And because of that every human from the age of 3 to 100 knows characters as obscure as Rocket Racoon and Groot. Any X-men other than Wolverine? A fraction of that. The X-men won't benefit or it won't work? That is nothing but delusion. Marvel Movies are going to put the X-men, their best franchise quite frankly, back on top of the mountain where they belong. Come bcak to this thread in about a decade and your skeptical posts will look like pure nonsense. They should now, but if you'll need proof, it's all but guaranteed in time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    The X-men were never a hard PG-13 until maybe Wolverine Origins. If you think any of the first three movies were "Hard PG-13" you don't know what that means.

You know what the MCU "formula" does? Prevents a ****-storm of incoherence that Fox created over their line of movies. You know, the kind of incoherence that caused the movies to constantly try to retcon the last one to make the new one work. Or wedge poorly conceived ideas together.

The MCU movies are fun, well made, and a ton of effort is put into making them cohesive and thoughtful about the long game. And because of that every human from the age of 3 to 100 knows characters as obscure as Rocket Racoon and Groot. Any X-men other than Wolverine? A fraction of that. The X-men won't benefit or it won't work? That is nothing but delusion. Marvel Movies are going to put the X-men, their best franchise quite frankly, back on top of the mountain where they belong. Come bcak to this thread in about a decade and your skeptical posts will look like pure nonsense. They should now, but if you'll need proof, it's all but guaranteed in time.
    Wrong. We don’t need a watered down soft PG-13 MCU style X-Men.
    P.S. Being more popular don’t mean it’s better.
    Last edited by Raiders; 01-05-2019 at 11:15 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    Wrong. We don’t need a watered down soft PG-13 MCU style X-Men.
    P.S. Being more popular don’t mean it’s better.
    You're welcome to like them better, but you don't know what a "soft PG-13" or "hard PG-13" means. But given what I've seen of you with the Donner production company, I don't expect any kind of fact or explanation to change your mind. Just know you have no idea what you're talking about.