Page 15 of 67 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    The Bucky one was a good example. Either way, probably not worth talking about. The whole "hard pg-13/dark" angle is stupid and false.

I am not allowed to post 2 videos on one comment. A better example. All of a sudden Loki doesn't look all that bad to this

This was after multiple fatal stabbings from Wolverine. Bucky had it easier.

the starks did not die this violently. the scene was barely shown.
    Last edited by Jeramas; 01-06-2019 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeramas View Post
    okay.

Poor Sunfire.
    Colossus body was ripped apart in pieces. Yuriko dies more violently than Loki in X2.

It is not about death for the sake of people getting killed. Thanos choking Loki and snapping his neck is not as dark as what Warren was doing to himself.

Warren was a kid. he was destroying his own body with blood all over the place. Can you think of something darker than that. Disney won't allow that Iin their movie but they can allow thanos killing Loki. easy death.

DC can adapt Batman:Son of the Demon. Poor X-Men.Their DC equivalent stories can't be adapted.
    Icemans death is better then either of the ones u listed. Sunfire and colossus deaths were CGI throw away characters. Blinks just wasnt good but atleast she was a real person. Iceman atleast was a character people gave two fu**s about. Dont pretend anyone cared about Colossus in the movies prior to Deadpool. A spoof on the character gave him way more depth then X2- DoFP.

Anyway Loki was a beloved MCU character and he had the life slowly choked out of him before having his neck snapped while his brother watched screaming in agony. It's clear you have a bias against the MCU which is fine. You dont have to like it but you just showed some generic scenes of characters no one cared about dying. The Warren example is better but it's a part of a very disliked movie. Though I loved beast in X3. Yes a kid self mutilating was some strong imagery in a otherwise bad movie. Apocalypse also decapitated some dude in Egypt, but it was meh.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Icemans death is better then either of the ones u listed. Sunfire and colossus deaths were CGI throw away characters. Blinks just wasnt good but atleast she was a real person. Iceman atleast was a character people gave two fu**s about. Dont pretend anyone cared about Colossus in the movies prior to Deadpool. A spoof on the character gave him way more depth then X2- DoFP.

Anyway Loki was a beloved MCU character and he had the life slowly choked out of him before having his neck snapped while his brother watched screaming in agony. It's clear you have a bias against the MCU which is fine. You dont have to like it but you just showed some generic scenes of characters no one cared about dying. The Warren example is better but it's a part of a very disliked movie. Though I loved beast in X3. Yes a kid self mutilating was some strong imagery in a otherwise bad movie. Apocalypse also decapitated some dude in Egypt, but it was meh.

I thought we were talking about violent deaths and hard pg 13/soft pg 13 not what characters we cared about. I forgot Iceman's death. they were burning him to death. poor Iceman. Wolverine had it worse in the comics. Sentinels burnt him and he turned to skeleton. This death to me trumps all.

Calm, calculated and ruthless. Fans care about the Shaw/Magneto arc. Shaw killed his mother and made magneto watch as a child. Not all comics movies go around cutting people's heads with coins. We have settled the debate of violence. X-men wins. A better debate on violence will be X-Men vs DC movies. We shouldn't rationalise Disney with other studios. Disney are the masterminds of watering everything down.
    Last edited by Jeramas; 01-06-2019 at 03:39 PM.

BANNED

Calm, calculated and ruthless. Fans care about Magneto. Not all comics movies go around cutting people's heads with coins. We have settled the debate of violence. X-men wins. A better debate on violence will be X-Men vs DC movies. X-Men can still win until I bring up DC animations like Flash Point. We shouldn't rationalise Disney with other studios.
    The only thing settled is your bias. If Thanos individually murdered a bus full of school children in EndGame you'd still find some bullshit to explain it away.

You have no interest in a fair analysis. That's all that has been settled.

BANNED

It’s hilarious that people are trying to argue that the MCU is dark.
    Even DCTV and Marvel TV is way darker than the MCU.
    Has anyone seen Gotham, this show is very dark and bloody, something the MCU wouldn’t dare to do.

The X-Men has always been dark. Slapping the MCU formula on the X-Men is just plain asinine.

BANNED

I'm too busy to read in detail all the recent posts but there seems to be a general theme of R vs PG-13. Lets remember what the distinction is before we go too much further down this rabbit hole.

https://stories.avvo.com/nakedlaw/bi...ed-movies.html

Oh boy new poster using clips to bash the MCU and defend Fox X-Men while ignoring all other arguments I'm getting Déjà Vu I'm out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    The only thing settled is your bias. If Thanos individually murdered a bus full of school children in EndGame you'd still find some bullshit to explain it away.

You have no interest in a fair analysis. That's all that has been settled.
    How can I be bias when I provided numerous evidence from the movies. If you want bias. look out for Critics cold attitude towards Aquaman.

I had fair analysis. the fair analysis is not to compare Disney to other studios on a hot button topic as violence. It was you who claimed X-men was soft pg 13 until origins. it wasn't true nor a fair analysis. X2, X3 came before origins.

Thanos will never murder a bunch of kids on a bus. Disney won't allow that when the whole point of Infinity War is to be as appealing to the same kids. I don't need to explain it away, it will never happen in a Disney movie. Infinity war is not Star Wars Revenge of the sith, Anakin killing jedi children. Infinity War is more Force Awakens. fair analysis. you got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Oh boy new poster using clips to bash the MCU and defend Fox X-Men while ignoring all other arguments I'm getting Déjà Vu I'm out.
    I didn't ignore all other arguments in saying the deaths in X-Men are more violent. It was a fair analysis.I was providing evidence.
    Last edited by Jeramas; 01-06-2019 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post

The X-Men has always been dark. Slapping the MCU formula on the X-Men is just plain asinine.

You and some others don't want a MCU style X-men but Fox attempt 3 movies in X-3, X-men Apocalypse and Wolverine Origins which were clear attempts being summer blockbuster "MCU" style movies. I am betting man I would bet that Dark Phoenix is Fox's fourth attempt at X-men at a "MCU" style movie. This narrative that Fox was always making serious well crafted mature X-movies is a myth and Marvel is proven good making at good action based movies so we don't have to worry for Fox like end result for those type of movies.

I am fine with either style of movie I like Logan, DoFP and Dark Knight and I also like Avengers Infinity Wars,Black Panther and Captain America Civil War. X-men is hard sci fi AND straight up superhero affairs. You guys keep on trying to sell that omg MCU style is bad for X-men but X-men go to space meetup Shi'ar,Imperial guard ,Starjammers, and the Brood, X-men have to deal with Adversary, Demon Bear, Limbo and Belacaso among other supernatural threats. The X-men have to deal with stuff in the Savage land , Asteroid M or the Mojoverse. Whose style is better suit for more superheroish side of the X-men? The X-men is not just hard Sci fi/drama.

It is okay to have "Your" preference but sheer fact the Wolverine never shown up in his costume something he wears all the time in comics is testament that Fox style isn't all the way the best thing for the X-men. And yeah his costume is doable

Capture.jpg

Thanos will never murder a bunch of kids on a bus. Disney won't allow that when the whole point of Infinity War is to be as appealing to the same kids. I don't need to explain it away, it will never happen in a Disney movie. Infinity war is not Star Wars Revenge of the sith, Anakin killing jedi children. Infinity War is more Force Awakens. fair analysis. you got it.
    What about shooting a woman in the head and a villian?

What about murdering a whole crew of people ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXbFP2V_zSA

Yes they are doing stuff to desensitize the violence but Violence is around. No question MCU will be able to show as much violence as a Fox movie. Violence in movies is easy. The harder thing is nudity and sexuaity you will never see hugh jackman butt in a disney movie, and something like say lesbian sex scene would be avoided as well. Also they won't drop a F-bomb in Disney(but Samuel L Jackson almost F-bomb had the same effect so who cares) .Straight violence is no problem the rules are the same as fox don't show blood and cut away from the most violence parts and then come back let the audience see the aftermath. Disney movies will show mature content who gives two craps if a Fox scene is a tiny bit more brutal.

Thanos stab a man with sword ,snapped Loki neck, Threw Gamora to her death off cliff, Was shown ordering genocide of people but we are hear having discussion if Disney can do mature content this convo makes no sense.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 01-07-2019 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    What about shooting a woman in the head and a villian?

What about murdering a whole crew of people ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXbFP2V_zSA

Yes they are doing stuff to desensitize the violence but Violence is around. No question MCU will be able to show as much violence as a Fox movie. Violence in movies is easy. The harder thing is nudity and sexuaity you will never see hugh jackman butt in a disney movie, and something like say lesbian sex scene would be avoided as well. Also they won't drop a F-bomb in Disney(but Samuel L Jackson almost F-bomb had the same effect so who cares) .Straight violence is no problem the rules are the same as fox don't show blood and cut away from the most violence parts and then come back let the audience see the aftermath. Disney movies will show mature content who gives two craps if a Fox scene is a tiny bit more brutal.

Thanos stab a man with sword ,snapped Loki neck, Threw Gamora to her death off cliff, Was shown ordering genocide of people but we are hear having discussion if Disney can do mature content this convo makes no sense.
    Your wasting your breath buddy. But I agree with everything u said

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post

It is okay to have "Your" preference but sheer fact the Wolverine never shown up in his costume something he wears all the time in comics is testament that Fox style isn't all the way the best thing for the X-men. And yeah his costume is doable
    To be fair, that was Singer’s call instead of the studio. Daredevil and the Tim Story F4 films all had classic costumes.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 01-07-2019 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    To be fair, that was Singer’s call instead of the studio. Daredevil and the Tim Story F4 films all had classic costume.
    Singer didn't direct any of Wolverine movies. I am going to be clear it is probably not good idea to keep Wolverine or maybe even the X-men in the comics suits for extended period is bad idea but Marvel put Captain America is his goofy looking suit for a awhile and they had enough sense to remove the ridiculous head piece and later movies put him better versions of suit still without head piece. The big point is took bunch of movies to get us to here

and the next movie we are back to Morrison style suits

I feel Marvel would make a stronger attempt to use more classic costumes for the X-men and if they are off in space fighting the Shiar or doing some other crazy thing superhero thing then classic suits make sense. Fox X-men movies were at so busy being serious that doing somethings that are natural to X-men feel a bit wrong in their movies. I wouldn't have mind seeing a whole X-men movie with suits at the end of Apocalypse. The funniest thing is that Deadpool since it was comedy had more comic accurate stuff. So Shatterstar looked like Shatterstar in spite of Shatterstar costume being pretty silly
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 01-07-2019 at 03:14 AM.

I dont want the Shiar anywhere near the X-men. They and alot of the Space BS have diluted the X-brand needlessly. When your core tenant is "Save the world that hates and fears us" "End mutant discrimination" etc why are you messing around in space ?

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    I dont want the Shiar anywhere near the X-men. They and alot of the Space BS have diluted the X-brand needlessly. When your core tenant is "Save the world that hates and fears us" "End mutant discrimination" etc why are you messing around in space ?
    https://goo.gl/images/XnU7SJ

Cyclops was Right