Page 16 of 67 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Beast- Hank McCoy, deserves to be an Avenger. That much I know for sure. His personality should veer toward the comics of being more jovial than not.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Beast- Hank McCoy, deserves to be an Avenger. That much I know for sure. His personality should veer toward the comics of being more jovial than not.
    Yes to this so much.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 01-07-2019 at 01:58 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    What about shooting a woman in the head and a villian?

What about murdering a whole crew of people ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXbFP2V_zSA

Yes they are doing stuff to desensitize the violence but Violence is around. No question MCU will be able to show as much violence as a Fox movie. Violence in movies is easy. The harder thing is nudity and sexuaity you will never see hugh jackman butt in a disney movie, and something like say lesbian sex scene would be avoided as well. Also they won't drop a F-bomb in Disney(but Samuel L Jackson almost F-bomb had the same effect so who cares) .Straight violence is no problem the rules are the same as fox don't show blood and cut away from the most violence parts and then come back let the audience see the aftermath. Disney movies will show mature content who gives two craps if a Fox scene is a tiny bit more brutal.

Thanos stab a man with sword ,snapped Loki neck, Threw Gamora to her death off cliff, Was shown ordering genocide of people but we are hear having discussion if Disney can do mature content this convo makes no sense.
    This discussion is really about the difference between Fox and Disney, and not about X-Men and MCU.
    Fox’s movies are the entire range of ratings. But Disney’s movies don’t include hard PG-13 and R.
    So now Disney owns Fox, does that mean Kingsman, Avatar, Planet of the Apes and Alien franchises
    also turn into a soft PG-13?

BANNED

What about shooting a woman in the head and a villian?
    What about murdering a whole crew of people ?

Yes they are doing stuff to desensitize the violence but Violence is around. No question MCU will be able to show as much violence as a Fox movie. Violence in movies is easy. The harder thing is nudity and sexuaity you will never see hugh jackman butt in a disney movie, and something like say lesbian sex scene would be avoided as well. Also they won't drop a F-bomb in Disney(but Samuel L Jackson almost F-bomb had the same effect so who cares) .Straight violence is no problem the rules are the same as fox don't show blood and cut away from the most violence parts and then come back let the audience see the aftermath. Disney movies will show mature content who gives two craps if a Fox scene is a tiny bit more brutal.

Thanos stab a man with sword ,snapped Loki neck, Threw Gamora to her death off cliff, Was shown ordering genocide of people but we are hear having discussion if Disney can do mature content this convo makes no sense.
    Killmonger shoots and kills girlfriend, all adults. basic thing to do.Its not as violence as this.

In first class shaw kills the mother of a child, traumatising the child forever, the child gets angry and kills grown ups. he not only kills them, he quashed metal helmet they were wearing to their heads. that is more violent than what killmonger did. a child doing that makes it a dark moment.

X-Men movies are gritter. MCU has mild violence. Anything you can show me in MCU, I can show 5 videos of X-Men doing it with more violence. Nobody can equate Disney movies to other movies, Disney will always be watered down in content.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jeramas View Post
    Killmonger shoots and kills girlfriend, all adults. basic thing to do.Its not as violence as this.

In first class shaw kills the mother of a child, traumatising the child forever, the child gets angry and kills grown ups. he not only kills them, he quashed metal helmet they were wearing to their heads. that is more violent than what killmonger did. a child doing that makes it a dark moment.

X-Men movies are gritter. MCU has mild violence. Anything you can show me in MCU, I can show 5 videos of X-Men doing it with more violence. Nobody can equate Disney movies to other movies, Disney will always be watered down in content.
    In defense of the MCU.
    The pre-Disney MCU movies had a darker and edgier tone, but soon as Disney took over everything got funny and soft.
    We X-Men fans better prepare for the same senario.
    I think and hope they keep Fox Studio separate from Disney Studios.
    Last edited by Raiders; 01-07-2019 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    This discussion is really about the difference between Fox and Disney, and not about X-Men and MCU.
    Fox’s movies are the entire range of ratings. But Disney’s movies don’t include hard PG-13 and R.
    So now Disney owns Fox, does that mean Kingsman, Avatar, Planet of the Apes and Alien franchises
    Disney has owned Miramax and Touchstone Pictures so this is a silly argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    And I won't be surprised if that's how fox gets used. Kept open for the more harder content. But Xmen ain't staying over there its 100% gonna be in the mcu at some point

BANNED

You are missing something, Miramax and Touchstone did not use the Disney brand name. They were separate from Disney Studios.
    Most people didn’t know Disney owned these two companies.
    Disney name was hidden on these movies.

I hope they treat Fox the same way.
    Last edited by Raiders; 01-07-2019 at 03:39 PM.

You are missing something, Miramax and Touchstone did not use the Disney brand name. They were separate from Disney Studios.
    Most people didn’t know Disney owned these two companies.
    Disney name was hidden on these movies.

I hope they treat Fox the same way.
    Who Framed Roger Rabbit was a Touchstone Picture and he was part of the Studio Park in Disney World when it opened in 89 and I know because I was there for Christmas that year. It's never been hard to know they were owned by Disney especially the Buena Vista logo having the Magic Kingdom in it.

BANNED

Who Framed Roger Rabbit was a Touchstone Picture and he was part of the Studio Park in Disney World when it opened in 89 and I know because I was there for Christmas that year. It's never been hard to know they were owned by Disney especially the Buena Vista logo having the Magic Kingdom in it.
    What? You are making a very weak argument. The studio park has nothing to do with this. The theme park is rated G.
    We are only talking about movies.
    Raiders of the Lost Arc was rated PG, because PG-13 didn’t exist in 1981.
    This movie would be consider a hard PG-13 by today’s standards.
    That’s not stopping an Indiana Jones Adventures at Disneyland.
    The theme park has nothing to do with the movie’s rating.

Plus, The Disney brand names has never been on a Touchstone and Miramax movie.
    Last edited by Raiders; 01-07-2019 at 06:51 PM.

BANNED

How can I be bias when I provided numerous evidence from the movies. If you want bias. look out for Critics cold attitude towards Aquaman.

I had fair analysis. the fair analysis is not to compare Disney to other studios on a hot button topic as violence. It was you who claimed X-men was soft pg 13 until origins. it wasn't true nor a fair analysis. X2, X3 came before origins.

Thanos will never murder a bunch of kids on a bus. Disney won't allow that when the whole point of Infinity War is to be as appealing to the same kids. I don't need to explain it away, it will never happen in a Disney movie. Infinity war is not Star Wars Revenge of the sith, Anakin killing jedi children. Infinity War is more Force Awakens. fair analysis. you got it.

I didn't ignore all other arguments in saying the deaths in X-Men are more violent. It was a fair analysis.I was providing evidence.
    I will take you seriously when you admit your Wolverine kitchen stab was a stupid, incorrect example. (There were more, but let’s start small and obvious) It is a fact, not an opinion, that it was nowhere close to “hard pg13”. So long as you stand by absurd examples like that your arguments are tiresome drivel. And they reveal a bias that makes discussion with you a waste of time.

You want rational discussion? Mea culpa on your biased attempts, until then you shouldn’t be taken seriously.

No it means Disney is taking X-men and Avatar. Probably keeping R stuff on Fox if they don't sell them to someone else.Bob Iger Disney CEO has already hinted at that

https://www.polygon.com/2018/9/20/17...feige-bob-iger

Killmonger shoots and kills girlfriend, all adults. basic thing to do.

No the Killmonger scene is as violent as that,There is no difference. You didn't see any blood,You didn't see a bullet hole in her head. The Disney movie was able to show the same amount of violence.If we are taking emotional weight Guardian of Galaxy 2 has the scene where Ego explains that he killed Peter Quills mom which is exactly the same thing as that scene. Once again no one gives two craps if Fox movies are overall darker and gritty. It is about Disney movie ability to tell story that is mature and violent when Disney get the X-men if story needs for a woman to be shot in the head or child needs to be motivate by his mother dying by a villain killing her Disney can tell the exact story as Fox. Is Disney going to pick to have a overall dark tone for any movie probably not will Disney be able to tell a X-men story with level of violence needed? Yes.

I am posting the scene again because some of you guys don't it,This one of the most violent scenes in any comic book movie and Disney slips past parents because of music. If you change the music that scene doesn't make it into the movie

X-men are going to be just fine.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 01-07-2019 at 11:13 PM.

If blood and gore makes something better than John Carpenter's Halloween would be the worst film of that franchise since it has little blood and no gore but it isn't it's the best. You know why? Because TnA and Blood and Gore don't automatically elevate a film in fact it's the opposite TnA and Blood and Gore are easy crafting a story without those elements with the same dramatic effect is hard and takes talent Bruce Timm said how they couldn't show the Grayson's Deaths in BTAS made them get creative and created a better scene and with that I'll

No it means Disney is taking X-men and Avatar. Probably keeping R stuff on Fox if they don't sell them to someone else.Bob Iger Disney CEO has already hinted at that

https://www.polygon.com/2018/9/20/17...feige-bob-iger

No the Killmonger scene is as violent as that,There is no difference. You didn't see any blood,You didn't see a bullet hole in her head. The Disney movie was able to show the same amount of violence.If we are taking emotional weight Guardian of Galaxy 2 has the scene where Ego explains that he killed Peter Quills mom which is exactly the same thing as that scene. Once again no one gives two craps if Fox movies are overall darker and gritty. It is about Disney movie ability to tell story that is mature and violent when Disney get the X-men if story needs for a woman to be shot in the head or child needs to be motivate by his mother dying by a villain killing her Disney can tell the exact story as Fox. Is Disney going to pick to have a overall dark tone for any movie probably not will Disney be able to tell a X-men story with level of violence needed? Yes.

I am posting the scene again because some of you guys don't it,This one of the most violent scenes in any comic book movie and Disney slips past parents because of music. If you change the music that scene doesn't make it into the movie

X-men are going to be just fine.

You mistook Disney for the Netflix shows. Disney doesn't have the ability to tell a story that is mature and violent.Is this the same Disney, older marvel fans used to say the animation of the 90s (X-MEN and Spidermnan TAS) are more mature and violent than MCU movies? Disney in the MCU era has been on a downfall. why marvel ever sold to Disney still bugs me. Every MCU movie apart from Iron Man 1 and The Winter Solider is obsessed with childlike story telling, mediocre xbox cgi effects and awful jokes. The tone of most MCU movies is is insulting to many adults. Hunger Games and Harry Potter are children's book , MCU is not close to the stories in those movies in terms of maturity and depth. MCU is so much fun as their fans tell me, I am asking, why so serious Katniss and Harry? not.

Every MCU movie gets more spoofy and goofy with each sequel. if it is not jokey driven like Thor Ragnarok , it is spectacle cgi bankrupt like Infinity War. If MCU was so mature they would have done a worthy Ragnarok movie. Iron Man movies would gave gotten better. His most mature film was Iron Man 1. X-Men got more violent with each movies, by Logan, X-Men earned R. None of you have still figured out why captain marvel looks off? X-Men is going to be painful to watch with Disney, not fine. how horrible is what we can pray is not as awful as we feared.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    You mistook Disney for the Netflix shows. Disney doesn't have the ability to tell a story that is mature and violent.Is this the same Disney, older marvel fans used to say the animation of the 90s (X-MEN and Spidermnan TAS) are more mature and violent than MCU movies? Disney in the MCU era has been on a downfall. why marvel ever sold to Disney still bugs me. Every MCU movie apart from Iron Man 1 and The Winter Solider is obsessed with childlike story telling, mediocre xbox cgi effects and awful jokes. The tone of most MCU movies is is insulting to many adults. Hunger Games and Harry Potter are children's book , MCU is not close to the stories in those movies in terms of maturity and depth. MCU is so much fun as their fans tell me, I am asking, why so serious Katniss and Harry? not.

Every MCU movie gets more spoofy and goofy with each sequel. if it is not jokey driven like Thor Ragnarok , it is spectacle cgi bankrupt like Infinity War. If MCU was so mature they would have done a worthy Ragnarok movie. Iron Man movies would gave gotten better. His most mature film was Iron Man 1. X-Men got more violent with each movies, by Logan, X-Men earned R. None of you have still figured out why captain marvel looks off? X-Men is going to be painful to watch with Disney, not fine. how horrible is what we can pray is not as awful as we feared.
    The MCU had made 17.5 Billion dollars worldwide so the world disagrees with your assessment.