Page 18 of 67 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    Because the MCU is Taylor Swift and the XCU is N.W.A.

Donner has a lot of respect in the industry. She been in the film business 40 years with a lot of success. She has produce a variety of different type of movies. Unlike Fiege, who only know how to produce one type of movie with the same formula.
    Yet everyone in Hollywood wants to copy Feige. Also Origins, last stand, Apocalypse she isn't exactly batting a 1,000 here.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 01-08-2019 at 07:59 PM.

Let’s explain this one last time, Donner took created control in 2009, after Wolvenrine:Origin. She then brought in Simon Kinberg and reinvented the franchise with Fisrt Class, Deadpool and Logan.

No one is arguing Disney won’t have final say, of course they will, it’s their money.
    But Donner has a lot of clout and a strong voice in the final product too.
    She built a very successful X-Men franchise, it’s Fox’s biggest franchise.
    Disney is not stupid, they are not going to ignore her, they will listen to her.
    However much clout dinner has Feigie has that x1000 more

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    However much clout dinner has Feigie has that x1000 more
    Fiege isn't in charge yet but has already given notes about Dark Phoenix.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Yet everyone in Hollywood wants to copy Feige. Also Origins, last stand, Apocalypse she isn't exactly batting a 1,000 here.
    I give all the credit to Disney, not Feige.
    Disney is fantastic at marketing, not just Marvel movies, but all of their movies.
    Donner on the other hand, had to deal with Fox executives, who is not as good at marketing.
    Fox only has two movie ever that made over $1 billion worldwide
    Disney almost has twenty movies over $1billion worldwide, most of them are not MCU movies.
    Last edited by Raiders; 01-08-2019 at 08:33 PM.

Because the MCU is Taylor Swift and the XCU is N.W.A.

Donner has a lot of respect in the industry. She been in the film business 40 years with a lot of success. She has produce a variety of different type of movies. Unlike Fiege, who only know how to produce one type of movie with the same formula.
    Says who? That's how u look at the movies but that's not even close to being an objective fact. Hard to take u serious when you say outlandish **** with the evidence. If you you just preface it with imo i could take u serious. But u keep acting like these are accepted truths which is far from true

BANNED

Says who? That's how u look at the movies but that's not even close to being an objective fact. Hard to take u serious when you say outlandish **** with the evidence. If you you just preface it with imo i could take u serious. But u keep acting like these are accepted truths which is far from true
    Can we have a mature discussion, without all the anger and bad language?
    Can we disagree without getting mad?
    It’s okay that you disagree with me, I don’t care.
    But you guys are taking this too personal.
    None of us know what really going to happen after the merger.
    If my opinion is different from your, so be it.
    You are right about one thing, I don’t have the facts, but neither do you.
    Last edited by Raiders; 01-08-2019 at 09:05 PM.

BANNED

I see this gong-show is back on Donner. Jesus man, you must be incapable of being embarrassed.

BANNED

Disney wants to start developing X-Men movies this year around the same time WB wants to start developing their new Batman films. Should we expect some competition like every Marvel vs DC movie? Poor X-Men, they will take some beatings from Batman since Disney cannot adapt X-Men stories compared to WB who can adapt Batman stories. Disney rushed star wars. Why the rush for X-Men. 2019? unless Disney has secretly agreed to cancel dark phoenix.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    I see this gong-show is back on Donner. Jesus man, you must be incapable of being embarrassed.
    There is nothing to be embarrassed about, you must be kidding me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeramas View Post
    Disney wants to start developing X-Men movies this year around the same time WB wants to start developing their new Batman films. Should we expect some competition like every Marvel vs DC movie? Poor X-Men, they will take some beatings from Batman since Disney cannot adapt X-Men stories compared to WB who can adapt Batman stories. Disney rushed star wars. Why the rush for X-Men. 2019? unless Disney has secretly agreed to cancel dark phoenix.
    I don’t think Disney going to make that mistake again. I don’t think DP will be cancel.
    This is the hopes of MCU’s fans who want to end the X-Men franchise and replace it with the soft Fiege formula.
    Last edited by Raiders; 01-08-2019 at 11:57 PM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

If the Batman still hasn’t been released yet by the time the MCU X-men film hits the theaters, somebody at WB getting fired.

Of course every studio has final say, over all producers. Even when a producer and/or director has created control, it’s the studio that will have final say.
    No one is arguing Disney won’t have final say, of course they will, it’s their money.
    But Donner has a lot of clout and a strong voice in the final product too.
    She built a very successful X-Men franchise, it’s Fox’s biggest franchise.
    Disney is not stupid, they are not going to ignore her, they will listen to her.
    That's like saying "He is the best hitter on the tee ball team."

Can we have a mature discussion, without all the anger and bad language?
    Can we disagree without getting mad?
    It’s okay that you disagree with me, I don’t care.
    But you guys are taking this too personal.
    None of us know what really going to happen after the merger.
    If my opinion is different from your, so be it.
    You are right about one thing, I don’t have the facts, but neither do you.
    Yea but I'm not stating my opinion as fact. You and one other poster who I gave up on replying too keep saying things about the MCU being some weak watered down crap and the XCU being some amazing story telling. When the fact is most people would disagree. It's fine u feel that way but I think it's the fact u say these things like its some objective truth that runs people the wrong way.

Yea but I'm not stating my opinion as fact. You and one other poster who I gave up on replying too keep saying things about the MCU being some weak watered down crap and the XCU being some amazing story telling. When the fact is most people would disagree. It's fine u feel that way but I think it's the fact u say these things like its some objective truth that runs people the wrong way.
    MCU has being weak and watered down. All the MCU movies are generic in story. what is worse is Marvel brags about it. Maybe Marvel should stop taking content away and give directors less Fiege formula.

MCU is known for their fun and spoofiness. XCU is known for their depth and story telling.

Some of you MCU fans are late to the Marvel party that started in 1998 with Blade, followed by X1, X2 and the first Spiderman trilogy. those Marvel movies are fine wines. MCU movies are diet sodas.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeramas View Post
    There is one good thing that came out of Disney's Star Wars. Disney kept the special effects style of the old films. Its the story and mythology of star wars that Disney ruined. X-Men is in a worse place. Disney can't tell the difference among the marvel properties. If you have seen one MCU film, you have seen them all.

X-men should not look like an MCU movie. The tone, effects and cinematography of X-men should be grounded and less colourful to the past MCU movies. Do you think MCU cares about this? NOT.

What feels off about Captain Marvel? MCU took the colours to a whole new level of bad and unrealistic.
    Last edited by Marvelgirl; 01-09-2019 at 02:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    MCU has being weak and watered down. All the MCU movies are generic in story. what is worse is Marvel brags about it. Maybe Marvel should stop taking content away and give directors less Fiege formula.

MCU is known for their fun and spoofiness. XCU is known for their depth and story telling.

Some of you MCU fans are late to the Marvel party that started in 1998 with Blade, followed by X1, X2 and the first Spiderman trilogy. those Marvel movies are fine wines. MCU movies are diet sodas.
    I've been watching live action Marvel since the Hulk tv Series do I get a merit badge?