Page 19 of 67 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    MCU has being weak and watered down. All the MCU movies are generic in story. what is worse is Marvel brags about it. Maybe Marvel should stop taking content away and give directors less Fiege formula.

MCU is known for their fun and spoofiness. XCU is known for their depth and story telling.

Some of you MCU fans are late to the Marvel party that started in 1998 with Blade, followed by X1, X2 and the first Spiderman trilogy. those Marvel movies are fine wines. MCU movies are diet sodas.
    Yeah, that's why they had to get "Do Over" on "The Dark Phoenix Saga".

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I've been watching live action Marvel since the Hulk tv Series do I get a merit badge?
    No kidding.

I'd like my "I saw the "OG" Spiderman films and the "OG" Captain America Film when they were released..." merit badge.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    No kidding.

I'd like my "I saw the "OG" Spiderman films and the "OG" Captain America Film when they were released..." merit badge.
    Good Old Reb Brown.

The very best solo X-men movie made Logan 617 million dollars Dr Strange made 677 million dollars, The very best X-men film DoFP along with DP 1 & 2 made around 747 to 780 million. Of the movies that have billion dollars or more. MCU has 4 in Top ten of all time in Infinity Wars, Black Panther, Age of Ultron and Avengers. Civil War and Iron Man 3 bring that total 6 in Top 25. No X-men movie has made a billion, The Dark Knight is number 36 of the 36 movies that have billion. Apparently people really really like Diet soda.

Before someone says Disney it is "marketing" again,Fox has 1 and 2 top grossing movies of all time. Somehow Jurassic park Franchise figured it out,The Fast & Furious Franchise figure it out, The Transformer Franchise figure it out as well. Heck DCEU and Sony have figured it out with Venom and Aquaman. Understand what it takes for a movie to hit a billion,It means people saw the movie liked the movie enough to go back and see it again and again.People were excited enough about the movie to out in larger usually numbers. Here is the fun thing saying fine restaurant has a better burger than Mcdonalds, Normally you have argument of price stop the obvious argument why people eat "the worse" burger over the better. In the movie world that argument isn't a good one all the burgers cost the same price. Literally people are eating MCU burgers and Fox X-men burgers and they are constantly going "Hey I like this MCU burger better" "Hey I like this MCU burger so much I am going to eat it 4 or 5 times".

I was not a fan of X3 (The Phoenix Saga). I hate it is being made again with no build up.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

I was not a fan of X3 (The Phoenix Saga). I hate it is being made again with no build up.
    Didn’t Clarmonet admitted that he made Dark Phoenix up as he went?

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    The very best solo X-men movie made Logan 617 million dollars Dr Strange made 677 million dollars, The very best X-men film DoFP along with DP 1 & 2 made around 747 to 780 million. Of the movies that have billion dollars or more. MCU has 4 in Top ten of all time in Infinity Wars, Black Panther, Age of Ultron and Avengers. Civil War and Iron Man 3 bring that total 6 in Top 25. No X-men movie has made a billion, The Dark Knight is number 36 of the 36 movies that have billion. Apparently people really really like Diet soda.

Before someone says Disney it is "marketing" again,Fox has 1 and 2 top grossing movies of all time. Somehow Jurassic park Franchise figured it out,The Fast & Furious Franchise figure it out, The Transformer Franchise figure it out as well. Heck DCEU and Sony have figured it out with Venom and Aquaman. Understand what it takes for a movie to hit a billion,It means people saw the movie liked the movie enough to go back and see it again and again.People were excited enough about the movie to out in larger usually numbers. Here is the fun thing saying fine restaurant has a better burger than Mcdonalds, Normally you have argument of price stop the obvious argument why people eat "the worse" burger over the better. In the movie world that argument isn't a good one all the burgers cost the same price. Literally people are eating MCU burgers and Fox X-men burgers and they are constantly going "Hey I like this MCU burger better" "Hey I like this MCU burger so much I am going to eat it 4 or 5 times".
    Into the Spiderverse will make less than every Spiderman/Disney/Pixar animation. it is still a superior movie to Homecoming and any animation Disney/Pixar in the last 12 months.

I will take quality over quantity. I fear this worst, when generic MCU xmen is out with X box looking effects, silly humour, zero depth and watered down Disney stories. the movie will be defended because it made more money than the old films. It doesn't work like that. it never has.

Do you know how it feels as a Marvel fan to know DOFP, Logan, X2 will forever remain the best 3 X-men movies?
    Last edited by Marvelgirl; 01-09-2019 at 05:16 AM.

You forgot Deadpool and Gifted which are also “Do Overs”.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 01-09-2019 at 05:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Well Jason Wyngarde first appeared in issue 122 and Jean died in 137 so he had 15 issues to build the story to it's end which as much as I dislike Last Stand it only had two hours it's is why IMO Phoenix/Dark Phoenix needs to be at least two films dedicated to that storyline solely to get it right.

Into the Spiderverse will make less than every Spiderman/Disney/Pixar animation. it is still a superior movie to Homecoming and any animation Disney/Pixar in the last 12 months.

I will take quality over quantity. I fear this worst, when generic MCU xmen is out with X box looking effects, silly humour, zero depth and watered down Disney stories. the movie will be defended because it made more money than the old films. It doesn't work like that. it never has.

Do you know how it feels as a Marvel fan to know DOFP, Logan, X2 will forever remain the best 3 X-men movies?
    Meh Deadpool and First Class are better than those 3.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Is not what I meant. the movie has no build up, the cast is too young and inexperienced. The story will never be good as one film. Did you know it took X-Men TAS 9 episodes to tell the entire story? For an American animated series that was ground breaking with a magnitude of depth. if it was a Japanese anime it will be about 50-80 episodes to tell the saga.

There is suppose to be a phoenix saga first. then a dark Phoenix saga. How can Kinberg think he can quash everything to one film with a cast that looks quite unconvincing. Why are Magneto and Mystique in the film. Dark Phoenix was a personal family story in the comics. the grey-villain characters (magneto and mystique) should not be in the film. He should have replaced them with Psylocke and Gambit to form the xmen family unit need for the story.

Its a no win for me as marvel fan. MCU Dark Phoenix would have ended up like Thor Ragnarok. Fox dark phoenix will end up inferior to the comics due to poor decisions. New Mutants was a better movie to put more resources on. The main X-Men films should have died after Apocalypse.

Once again your opinion, This isn't something like pop music or fast food. This people repeat buying something that like you can "trick" a person into buying album once, A person will get a lower grade product because it is cheaper. This is neither of these people get product liking a product going and see it again and again. All the products are the same price. "Quality argument" in this attempt to boost personal opinion of a thing while put down another thing. Literally the products have the same audience and cost the same so it is not marketing stopping people from trying the so called "superior product".Literally people walking into Iron Man 3 and DoFP they go " I am good with seeing DoFP once" but " Go Iron Man 3 or Thor Ragnarok I have to go and see that again".

Don't make mistake your personal preference for "quality". Understand that Marvel movies is making more money, getting more repeat customer ,better rated by critics, The "water down VFX" well Marvel movies get nominated for VFX you know like Iron Man, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2,Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy,Iron Man 3,Iron Man 2, Marvel's The Avengers to only X-Men: Days of Future Past only fox X-men getting nominated . Every tangible metric for quality is actually doing good. Guess which is the first and only superhero movie to get a golden globe nomination for Best drama not Logan ,Dark Knight, or DoFP. Only fans with bias can't admit Marvel movies quality. That is always the down fall of their argument.

Is not what I meant. the movie has no build up, the cast is too young and inexperienced. The story will never be good as one film. Did you know it took X-Men TAS 9 episodes to tell the entire story? For an American animated series that was ground breaking with a magnitude of depth. if it was a Japanese anime it will be about 50-80 episodes to tell the saga.

There is suppose to be a phoenix saga first. then a dark Phoenix saga. How can Kinberg think he can quash everything to one film with a cast that looks quite unconvincing. Why are Magneto and Mystique in the film. Dark Phoenix was a personal family story in the comics. the grey-villain characters (magneto and mystique) should not be in the film. He should have replaced them with Psylocke and Gambit to form the xmen family unit need for the story.

Its a no win for me as marvel fan. MCU Dark Phoenix would have ended up like Thor Ragnarok. Fox dark phoenix will end up inferior to the comics due to poor decisions. New Mutants was a better movie to put more resources on. The main X-Men films should have died after Apocalypse.
    The animated series took Dark Phoenix in five episodes, not nine. And under two hours long.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Once again your opinion, This isn't something like pop music or fast food. This people repeat buying something that like you can "trick" a person into buying album once, A person will get a lower grade product because it is cheaper. This is neither of these people get product liking a product going and see it again and again. All the products are the same price. "Quality argument" in this attempt to boost personal opinion of a thing while put down another thing. Literally the products have the same audience and cost the same so it is not marketing stopping people from trying the so called "superior product".Literally people walking into Iron Man 3 and DoFP they go " I am good with seeing DoFP once" but " Go Iron Man 3 or Thor Ragnarok I have to go and see that again".

Don't make mistake your personal preference for "quality". Understand that Marvel movies is making more money, getting more repeat customer ,better rated by critics, The "water down VFX" well Marvel movies get nominated for VFX you know like Iron Man, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2,Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy,Iron Man 3,Iron Man 2, Marvel's The Avengers to only X-Men: Days of Future Past only fox X-men getting nominated . Every tangible metric for quality is actually doing good. Guess which is the first and only superhero movie to get a golden globe nomination for Best drama not Logan ,Dark Knight, or DoFP. Only fans with bias can't admit Marvel movies quality. That is always the down fall of their argument.

Have you seen the shortlisted Oscar for VFX this year. Aquaman and Fantastic Beasts are not there. 6 of them are Disney movies.The Oscars are wonderful to judge movies when the Oscars choose on quality not which studio is asking for the most attention.

Guess which is the first and only superhero movie to get a golden globe nomination for Best drama not Logan ,Dark Knight, or DoFP. Only fans with bias can't admit Marvel movies quality. That is always the down fall of their argument.
    If I change African/Afro american cast and have Black Panther distributed by lionsgate, Warner Brothers, Fox, Sony how many Golden Globes would it have?

I am surprised you have not figure out how black panther a weaker movie to First Class or Batman Begins (Not Logan/TDK) can get nominated for globes.

Look for the movies that are less generic and don't feel formulaic to find superior products. its the usual opinions. People don't regularly dismiss xmen as silly spoofy spectacles as they do with MCU movies. it is rare serious minded people will truly choose Iron Man 3/GOTG over DOFP. Choosing a movie that makes a mockery of the source material , watered down to a big fault and couldn't handle the comic allegories of terrorism over another movie that never made a joke of the source material? when did that become the status-quo?

This is what irks me about MCU as a marvel fan, silliness, generic story telling and watered down comic arcs has now become acceptable. it never happened with non cinematic movies (X-men 2, Spiderman 2)and when it did there were consequences. (X-men 3, Spiderman 3)

This is just troubling to me. You didn't pick Iron Man 1 that was the smartest and best Iron Man film, you picked Iron Man 3.a movie Marvel did apologise for for being so bad, you chose that because it made more money? One day MCU will have a Bumblebee moment.

If you want people's opinions. Captain America 2 is the best MCU movie.
    Not a coincidence it is the only movie almost as thoughtful and as often compelling as your standard good X-men movie or TDK that never got nominated for globes.

Have you seen the shortlisted Oscar for VFX this year. Aquaman and Fantastic Beasts are not there. 6 of them are Disney movies.The Oscars are wonderful to judge movies when the Oscars choose on quality not which studio is asking for the most attention.

If I change African/Afro american cast and have Black Panther distributed by lionsgate, Warner Brothers, Fox, Sony how many Golden Globes would it have?

I am surprised you have not figure out how black panther a weaker movie to First Class or Batman Begins (Not Logan/TDK) can get nominated for globes.

Look for the movies that are less generic and don't feel formulaic to find superior products. its the usual opinions. People don't regularly dismiss xmen as silly spoofy spectacles as they do with MCU movies. it is rare serious minded people will truly choose Iron Man 3/GOTG over DOFP. Choosing a movie that makes a mockery of the source material , watered down to a big fault and couldn't handle the comic allegories of terrorism over another movie that never made a joke of the source material? when did that become the status-quo?

This is what irks me about MCU as a marvel fan, silliness, generic story telling and watered down comic arcs has now become acceptable. it never happened with non cinematic movies (X-men 2, Spiderman 2)and when it did there were consequences. (X-men 3, Spiderman 3)

This is just troubling to me. You didn't pick Iron Man 1 that was the smartest and best Iron Man film, you picked Iron Man 3.a movie Marvel did apologise for for being so bad, you chose that because it made more money? One day MCU will have a Bumblebee moment.

If you want people's opinions. Captain America 2 is the best MCU movie.
    Not a coincidence it is the only movie almost as thoughtful and as often compelling as your standard good X-men movie or TDK that never got nominated for globes.
    Well here's my ranking of Marvel Theatrical Live Action Films from best to worst from 1998-2018 so make of it what you will.

1: Avengers Infinity War.
    2: Captain America Civil War.
    3: Captain America the Winter Soldier.
    4: Guardians of the Galaxy.
    5: Avengers.
    6: Spider-Man 2.
    7: Thor Ragnarok.
    8: X-Men First Class.
    9: Black Panther.
    10: X-Men Days of Future Past (Rogue Cut),
    11: Iron Man.
    12: Spider-Man (2002).
    13: Captain America the First Avenger.
    14: Deadpool.
    15: Logan.
    16: X2.
    17: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.
    18: Avengers Age of Ultron.
    19: Deadpool 2.
    20: Dr. Strange.
    21: Blade 2.
    22: Thor.
    23: Ant-Man and the Wasp.
    24: Iron Man 3.
    25: Ant-Man.
    26: Spider-Man Homecoming.
    27: The Incredible Hulk.
    28: X-Men Apocalypse.
    29: Punisher War Zone.
    30: Punisher (2004).
    31: Blade.
    32: Iron Man 2.
    33: X-Men (2000).
    34: Thor the Dark World.
    35: The Wolverine.
    36: Fantastic Four (2005).
    37: Spider-Man 3.
    38: Amazing Spider-Man.
    39: Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer.
    40: Ghost Rider.
    41: X-Men the Last Stand.
    42: Venom.
    43: Daredevil (Director's Cut).
    44: X-Men Origins Wolverine.
    45: Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance.
    46: Blade Trinity.
    47: Hulk (2003).
    48: Amazing Spider-Man 2.
    49: Elektra.
    50: Fan4Stick.