Page 26 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Kevin Feige is picking up the Silver Surfer film.

Disney doesn’t own Fox yet, so it wasn’t Marvel that canned them. Its similar to how Netflix is cancelling the Marvel shows. Like them, Fox knows they won’t have the rights them soon.
    The Doom director said that everything went into limbo due the fact no one knew if Marvel would continue them. Also Feige is interested in the Silver Surfer he's never mentioned continuing the Fox film especially as you said he can't legally comment on Fox's projects.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    The Doom director said that everything went into limbo due the fact no one knew if Marvel would continue them. Also Feige is interested in the Silver Surfer he's never mentioned continuing the Fox film especially as you said he can't legally comment on Fox's projects.
    He’s talked to Adam McKay about making the Silver Surfer movie once the deal is completed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    He’s talked to Adam McKay about making the Silver Surfer movie once the deal is completed.
    Feige has wanted Silver Surfer for years he was even will to sacrifice Daredevil for Silver Surfer. But this tells me two things one Feige still wants to do a Surfer film but doesn't mean he's using any Fox script and two this deal is basically done and we should get an announcement soon because Feige can't talk to anyone until the deal was done.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Feige has wanted Silver Surfer for years he was even will to sacrifice Daredevil for Silver Surfer. But this tells me two things one Feige still wants to do a Surfer film but doesn't mean he's using any Fox script and two this deal is basically done and we should get an announcement soon because Feige can't talk to anyone until the deal was done.
    Yeah, he’s probably been wanting it since his time on Fox.

Anyway, I noticed that their hasn’t been any mentioning on the show side.

BANNED

There's his quote he admits they dropped the ball with Last Stand and want to tell DP right.
    There is zero quotes saying do over

Quote Originally Posted by Jeramas View Post
    X-Force has been cancelled. Disney cannot adapt X-Men stories.
    Gambit, Multiple Man, Dr Doom, Kitty Pryde, Silver Surfer and proper X-Men after Dark Phoenix are also reportedly dead.
    This is all because the Evil Mouse is incapable of making serious and thought provoking superhero movies

BANNED

I have to disagree with this and I know I've said this before but

Batman 89 and Returns when viewed you can see those are Burton films even Forever and Batman and Robin have Schumacher's Style to them.

The DK trilogy are visually Nolan films when watched same for Man of Steel and BvS with Snyder.

Raimi's Spider-Man feel like Raimi films down to Doc Ock's surgery scene being very evil dead/Darkman in tone.

Aquaman looks like it own thing and totally different from the rest of the DCEU thanks to Wan same for Shazam.

The Tim Story FF films for better or worse feel like his films with their tone.

Both Punisher 00's films have their own style and vastly different from one another same for the Ghost Rider films.

The MCU has done different genre of storylines Ant-Man being their heist film, Winter Soldier Spy Thriller, Homecoming a John Hughes teen film, Guardians crazy space operas. Then there is the looks and tone of the individual films

First Avengers is a Joe Johnston film it looks like a sequel to Rocketeer almost.

Winter Soldier, Civil War, and Infinity War all feel like Russo Bros films now that they have defined their style.

Avengers and Age of Ultron has Whedon's humor dripping thru them.

The Guardians films have James Gunn all over them in Style. I mean Lloyd Kaufman has a cameo who ever thought he'd be in a Marvel Movie?

Iron Man 3 is a Shane Black film down to the humor and Christmas setting.

Iron Man and Iron Man 2 feel like JF films.

Thor Ragnarok has Taika Waititi style and tone all thru it.

Even Thor (2011) feels like a Kenneth Branagh film with the Majesty he brought to Asgard.

Now First Class, Logan, and the Deadpool series have their own style and tones which is why they rank at top of my XCU list but the rest are some of the most homogenous super hero films ever made they all look the same and have the same tone there is no evidence to the director bringing anything to them.

I don't hate any X-Men movie even the bottom of my list like Origins and Last Stand has good moments.

Origins has some dodgy CGI but so does some MCU films and until 3 Mile Island I thought it was a good Wolverine film. Last Stand butchered my favorite storyline so it's hard to be kind to it but the Magneto ink scene was good and KG as Beast was great.

I don't think the XCU is bad but this wanting to elevate it and bash the MCU especially with the idea the XCU is more creative is bafflingly to me.

Uhhh well I don't want you to feel like that was a waste of time, so thanks letting me know how you felt during certain movies, I'm not really sure what your personal feelings about random superhero movies that we weren't even talking about have to do with anything, but all I was saying that Fox has given more freedom to filmmakers which allowed movies like Logan and Deadpool to be possible. However it also has turned out poorly a la Fan4stic where the studio had to intervene because of problems w the director, and Dark Phoenix which was being overseen by Singer and Kinberg but Singer was quietly dismissed and Kinberg became director. I just appreciate when studios can trust the vision of the creators and not just the guys focused on money and franchise building, it inspires more confidence that at least I personally will find something enjoyable from the movie . I wasn't bashing the MCU , there was a discussion happening about things the XCU has been able to get away with or at least try out that the MCU hasn't and I believe it's the filmmakers. Your opinion on every superhero movie was definitely not needed but I'm really happy that you can watch movies and tell who directed them

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    There is zero quotes saying do overs
    You should be required to post this exchange in your signature. That way everyone has fair warning on having a discussion with you. At best it's a waste because You are disengeuous, at worst you're a troll.

BANNED

Word of caution:
    Over the pass year we have been reading articles about the X-Men join the MCU.
    There have been quotes from Kevin Fiege, Lauren Shuler Donner and Bob Iger.
    The problem is almost all of the sources are not reputable.
    If it’s not THR, Variety, EW or even Deadline, then take it with a grain of salt.
    All it takes is one unreputable source to start a rumour and it explodes on the internet.
    THR had some quotes from Iger and Variety interview wth Feige, the ones I can believe.

There is a rumour today of the demises of Fox X-Men from an unreputable source.
    This not the first time, last year a rumour from a unreputable source exploded on the internet saying Dark Phoenix was cancelled.
    It was a total lie.
    Last edited by Raiders; 01-12-2019 at 05:26 PM.

There is zero quotes saying do over
    Kinberg
    I co-wrote X-Men 3, the ‘Dark Phoenix’ story, which is probably the most sacred of the X-Men storylines in the comics,” Kinberg said in a roundtable with The Hollywood Reporter. “Fanboys and girls did not love the movie [X-Men: The Last Stand]. When I wrote X-Men: Days of Future Past years later — it was a time travel story — I thought, ‘Well, here’s an opportunity to rewrite this mistake — bring Jean Grey back to life.’ I got to go back and essentially erase a $200 million movie.”
    Different Interview
    I mean, I felt bad bashing The Last Stand because mainstream audiences, if not fan audiences, liked it. There’s a lot of things that worked in it. But what I regret about it is that it’s not the Dark Phoenix story. I regret that it’s the cure plot story with Dark Phoenix as a subplot and it should have been the Dark Phoenix story as the main plot of the film
    Also here is him saying that yeah they mess up on some Apocalypse as well
    Kinberg acknowledges that on Apocalypse they became too focused on visual ideas and lost sight of the characters themselves:

“I think we took our eye off what has always been the bedrock of the franchise which is these characters. It became about global destruction and visual effects over emotion and character… One of the things I went into this film wanting to do is obviously focus on the characters and give them real emotions to play and come up with a theme that would make it feel relevant and necessary in today’s world."
    necessary in today’s world.”
    Producer Hutch Parker goes one further, acknowledging that the script for X-Men: Apocalypse was in flux throughout production and the film came at a time when the superhero genre was evolving:

“It’s always dangerous if your script is evolving while you’re shooting. Certainly, in hindsight, we all feel like the genre has been evolving aesthetically and tonally and that the film didn’t. There’s a lot that I think is very good in the film but, as a whole, it was struggling to find ways to coalesce, narratively emotionally and in terms of plot. Aesthetically, it felt sort of dated relative to an evolution you were seeing play out everywhere else. We learned a lot from that.”
    Consider the reshoots with Dark Phoenix, And more major reshoots with New Mutants. You see a pattern forming with Fox X-men movies,And I why have called some of successful one accidents but that is creative process sometimes you hit out of ball park sometimes you whiff horribly

Gambit, Multiple Man, Dr Doom, Kitty Pryde, Silver Surfer and proper X-Men after Dark Phoenix are also reportedly dead.
    This is all because the Evil Mouse is incapable of making serious and thought provoking superhero movies
    No It is because X-men in Marvel is starting with a clean slate and Marvel already a slate of movie plan out. Pretty much everyone thought that was going to be outcome when Marvel got the films they are going to start from scratch except Deadpool. Nobody is surprised by this and this pretty much kills the idea that Disney is going to keep X-men at Fox studios separately and pretty much sign that X-men are going to be in the MCU full integrated.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 01-12-2019 at 06:24 PM.

BANNED

You misunderstood, we wasn’t talking about doing a do over of the Last Stand, just the Dark Phoenix.

Well anyway, I understand the passion of the MCU fans, I’m still a fan.
    But since Disney got control I’ve have been noticing a distrubing trend, the movies has been getting more softer and comical.
    The straw that broke me was Thor:Ragnarok, the fact that it was a comedy was bad enough.
    But there was something worse in the name of The Incredible Hulk.
    The Hulk is a nasty, violent and scary monster. Disney has turned him into a soft fluffy cry-baby coward.
    Now I’m afraid the X-Men will go the same way.
    Last edited by Raiders; 01-12-2019 at 06:54 PM.

You misunderstood, we wasn’t talking about doing a do over of the Last Stand, just the Dark Phoenix.

Well anyway, I understand the passion of the MCU fans, I’m still a fan.
    But since Disney got control I’ve have been noticing a distrubing trend, the movies has been getting more softer and comical.
    The straw that broke me was Thor:Ragnarok, the fact that it was a comedy was bad enough.
    But there was something worse in the name of The Incredible Hulk.
    The Hulk is a nasty, violent and scary monster. Disney has turned him into a soft fluffy cry-baby coward.
    Now I’m afraid the X-Men will go the same way.
    Have you ever read Hulk? He wasn't a monster it was like Frankenstein's Monster he wasn't one but the public saw him as one.

As for the cry-baby coward Feige plan outside the reason why Hulk didn't come out in Infinity War would be revealed in Endgame and it wasn't cowardice.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Uhhh well I don't want you to feel like that was a waste of time, so thanks letting me know how you felt during certain movies, I'm not really sure what your personal feelings about random superhero movies that we weren't even talking about have to do with anything, but all I was saying that Fox has given more freedom to filmmakers which allowed movies like Logan and Deadpool to be possible. However it also has turned out poorly a la Fan4stic where the studio had to intervene because of problems w the director, and Dark Phoenix which was being overseen by Singer and Kinberg but Singer was quietly dismissed and Kinberg became director. I just appreciate when studios can trust the vision of the creators and not just the guys focused on money and franchise building, it inspires more confidence that at least I personally will find something enjoyable from the movie . I wasn't bashing the MCU , there was a discussion happening about things the XCU has been able to get away with or at least try out that the MCU hasn't and I believe it's the filmmakers. Your opinion on every superhero movie was definitely not needed but I'm really happy that you can watch movies and tell who directed them
    Fox hasn't given filmmakers freedom it's how you got Origins and Deadpool had to have test footage leaked to be made and even after that like Logan they had to take budget cuts to have any of the freedom they got.

Love it or hate it Thor Ragnarok was creative freedom Marvel allowed TK to reinvent a franchise. The awesome mix tape and music in Guardians was all Gunn that wasn't in the original scripts that's creative freedom and spending money to get song rights to do it. Marvel Studios allows creative freedom and puts their money where their mouth is when doing it Fox allows it if there is no chance of losing money.

Have you ever read Hulk? He wasn't a monster it was like Frankenstein's Monster he wasn't one but the public saw him as one.

As for the cry-baby coward Feige plan outside the reason why Hulk didn't come out in Infinity War would be revealed in Endgame and it wasn't cowardice.
    The russos said Hulk wasnt afraid in infinity war and they explore the reasoning more lm the next film. With Banner yelling fine I'll take care of it myself I assume the Hulk is tired of the way Banner treats him. Like hes some Monster that needs to be locked away and never trusted but when shit gets real begs Hulk to come out and play. I assume Hulk had enough of it and Banner is gonna have to come to terms with Hulk In the next film before he will save the day. The new Hulk will probaly be a much better fighter cause he lost to Thanos because Thanos knew how to fight. First he grabbed Hulk by the nerves in the rust and then attacked weak spots with precision. Maybe we will get a much smarter Hulk who can fight with some level of skill similar to WWHulk/Planet Hulk. He fought with his head would be coll if there was a Hiroim type character who taught him to focus his rage like Hiroim did(With Meditation I think)
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 01-12-2019 at 11:22 PM.

https://screenrant.com/black-widow-s...umor-r-rating/

Charles Murphy
    I'm not saying it will be for sure (no way to know what they will settle on at this point), but they have recently said that R-rated MCU films ARE a possibility, so it is a possibility. So if BW ends up R-rated, don't be shocked.
    Since tone has been discussed so much this is good place for this article and quote Yeah it makes sense especial after Deadpool movies when a project makes sense as R property(Daredevil and Punisher for example) that Marvel would use a mature tone. One of the guess solutions to make this happen is the suggestion is something that already happen comics is Marvel Max/Knights line for the movie world. Now we will just sit back see if this rumor is true and even if its not is true and just discussions it tells what is the planned TONE of Black Widow is going be and shows all the worrying the about the X-men in the MCU is silly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    https://screenrant.com/black-widow-s...umor-r-rating/

Charles Murphy

Since tone has been discussed so much this is good place for this article and quote Yeah it makes sense especial after Deadpool movies when a project makes sense as R property(Daredevil and Punisher for example) that Marvel would use a mature tone. One of the guess solutions to make this happen is the suggestion is something that already happen comics is Marvel Max/Knights line for the movie world. Now we will just sit back see if this rumor is true and even if its not is true and just discussions it tells what is the planned TONE of Black Widow is going be and shows all the worrying the about the X-men in the MCU is silly.
    Past tense honey.
    It was a possibility, it isn't anymore. The r rated project of Black Widow has been cancelled. inst this the same black widow that was said to also be a comedy?

The planned tone of black widow that got cancelled makes people worry more that X-Men is going to be silly in the MCU. Why have they cancelled X-Force? Also we can all assume Deadpool 2 is the last we have seen of Ryan Reynolds. X-Men pg 13 movies still have a mature tone to MCU pg 13 movies, the average pg 13 xmen movies makes mcu looks like the child's play films they are.

Last edited by Jeramas; 01-13-2019 at 01:38 AM.