Page 32 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    Actually, I agree. Feige would love to have the XMen. He’s not the problem, the problem is Disney’s restrictions. If MS move to the old Fox brand he will have freedom to create a more real world.
    With the restrictions, How long are we going to wait for Disney to announce their own X-Force movie. lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    Out of all the 22 MCU movies, GOTG 1 and 2 , Ant-Man 1 and 2 , Spiderman Homecoming, Avengers 2 andThor 3 are the most Disney Marvel movies.They are less marvel and more Disney with tone, writing and style. Gunn could do whatever he wanted as long as Disney liked it. If Gunn had said I wanted GOTG 2 to be like Arrival, It will be a different conversation.

And somehow James Mangold, Bryan Singer and Tim Miller would have never gotten the freedom to move ahead with Logan First Class/DOFP and Deadpool.

All those directors from marvel you mentioned are free in the Disney confinement. Many tried to break out of it others were not given a chance of trying to break away. Joss Whedon, Drew Goddard, Jon Favreau , Louis Leterrier, Ava DuVernay, Patty Jenkins , Alan Taylor and Edgar Wright.
    Aquaman >>>>>GOTG 1 and 2 , Ant-Man 1 and 2 , Spiderman Homecoming, Avengers 2 and Thor 3.

What Marvel film was Patty Jenkins going to direct?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeramas View Post
    Aquaman >>>>>GOTG 1 and 2 , Ant-Man 1 and 2 , Spiderman Homecoming, Avengers 2 and Thor 3.

What Marvel film was Patty Jenkins going to direct?
    Pretty sure it was Thor: The Dark World.

Yeah it was Dark World, The duo from Game of thrones turned it down,They gave it to Patty .She want to do more of a love story between Thor and Jane ,She saw that Marvel and her disagreed so she left the movie.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Yeah it was Dark World, The duo from Game of thrones turned it down,They gave it to Patty .She want to do more of a love story between Thor and Jane ,She saw that Marvel and her disagreed so she left the movie.
    I'd have been all about that. Thor and Jane were just kinda slapped together, and their relationship never felt earned or even all that important by the time Ragnarok came around.

Of course, I'm of the opinion that the entire Thor franchise was a wasted opportunity, and don't even get me started on how much I hate Ragnarok.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    I'd have been all about that. Thor and Jane were just kinda slapped together, and their relationship never felt earned or even all that important by the time Ragnarok came around.

Of course, I'm of the opinion that the entire Thor franchise was a wasted opportunity, and don't even get me started on how much I hate Ragnarok.
    I disliked Ragnarok as much as you did. Marvel made a mockery of the source material. Ragnarok is more of a Disney movie than a marvel movie.

If she wanted to write a love story,MCU should have let her. I liked Diana/Steve(liked not loved). The problem with MCU is they are too hung up with their cinematic universe than telling actual stories. Jenkings problem was a lot deeper than love stories, she doesn't look like a pushover.

BANNED

There have been debates on who actually owns the rights to the X-Men.
    The widespread belief is Marvel licensed the film rights to Fox.
    Some think that Lauren Shulder Donner owns the film rights.
    Some think Marvel was on the brinks of bankruptcy, going out of business and desperate for money, actually out right sold all live action the X-Men rights to LSD.
    LSD then wanted to license it to Warner Brothers or Sony Pictures, but she got a license deal from Fox. In other words LSD owns the rights and not Fox.

I just thought to throw this out there because of this article I found from 1996. Caution, I don't know how accurate this article is and I don't know what it means. This article is not saying who actually owns the rights, is saying LSD purchased the rights for them, maybe meaning Fox.

Concept art for Beast (before the character was deleted from subsequent scripts) by Industrial Light & Magic Throughout 1989 and 1990, Stan Lee and Chris Claremont were in discussions with James Cameron and Carolco Pictures for an X-Men film adaptation. The deal fell apart when Cameron went to work on Spider-Man, Carolco went bankrupt, and the film rights reverted to Marvel Studios. In December 1992, Marvel discussed selling the property to Columbia Pictures to no avail. Meanwhile, Avi Arad produced the animated X-Men TV series for Fox Kids. 20th Century Fox was impressed by the success of the TV show, and producer Lauren Shuler Donner purchased the film rights for them in 1994.

https://x-men.fandom.com/wiki/X-Men_(film)
    Last edited by Raiders; 01-16-2019 at 11:22 AM.

BANNED

Donner owns X-men rights? Get ready folks!

ABC+The+Gong+Show+promotional.jpg

There have been debates on who actually owns the rights to the X-Men.
    The widespread belief is Marvel licensed the film rights to Fox.
    Some think that Lauren Shulder Donner owns the film rights.
    Some think Marvel was on the brinks of bankruptcy, going out of business and desperate for money, actually out right sold all live action the X-Men rights to LSD.
    LSD then wanted to license it to Warner Brothers or Sony Pictures, but she got a license deal from Fox. In other words LSD owns the rights and not Fox.

I just thought to throw this out there because of this article I found from 1996. Caution, I don't know how accurate this article is and I don't know what it means. This article is not saying who actually owns the rights, is saying LSD purchased the rights for them, maybe meaning Fox.

Concept art for Beast (before the character was deleted from subsequent scripts) by Industrial Light & Magic Throughout 1989 and 1990, Stan Lee and Chris Claremont were in discussions with James Cameron and Carolco Pictures for an X-Men film adaptation. The deal fell apart when Cameron went to work on Spider-Man, Carolco went bankrupt, and the film rights reverted to Marvel Studios. In December 1992, Marvel discussed selling the property to Columbia Pictures to no avail. Meanwhile, Avi Arad produced the animated X-Men TV series for Fox Kids. 20th Century Fox was impressed by the success of the TV show, and producer Lauren Shuler Donner purchased the film rights for them in 1994.

https://x-men.fandom.com/wiki/X-Men_(film)
    1: There is no debate everyone knows Fox had the film rights and now Disney since they own Fox.

2: It says it right there and this has been said here many time with links to this very information LSD purchased the film rights for FOX. But thank for again proving Fox and now Disney owns the film rights.

BANNED

[QUOTE=Theleviathan;4140815]Donner owns X-men rights? Get ready folks
    None of use really know, one way or the other
    We don’t know what go’s on behind the scenes.
    I don’t know who owns the rights.
    LSD might own all or half or none of the rights.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    1: There is no debate everyone knows Fox had the film rights and now Disney since they own Fox.

2: It says it right there and this has been said here many time with links to this very information LSD purchased the film rights for FOX. But thank for again proving Fox and now Disney owns the film rights.
    Sounds like Fox wanted the X-Men, so LSD purchased the right to licensed to them.

BANNED

Sounds like Fox wanted the X-Men, so LSD purchased the right to licensed to them.
    She "secured" them. That is a very specific term in the industry. It does not mean purchased.

Please drop this, it's tin-foil hat nonsense.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    She "secured" them. That is a very specific term in the industry. It does not mean purchased.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post

Well, we don’t know yet. But I do know we will find out soon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    I disliked Ragnarok as much as you did. Marvel made a mockery of the source material. Ragnarok is more of a Disney movie than a marvel movie.

If she wanted to write a love story,MCU should have let her. I liked Diana/Steve(liked not loved). The problem with MCU is they are too hung up with their cinematic universe than telling actual stories. Jenkings problem was a lot deeper than love stories, she doesn't look like a pushover.
    Yeah, the MCU is too stuck on cinematic universe. It’s getting old. Hopefully phase four will get away from that.