Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

I want them to not feel beholden to use the original five, but to maintain an O5 feel for at least the first movie, and definitely no Wolverine. I want Brie Larson to show up in an X-movie, and for Rogue to get her powers. I agree Ryan Reynolds's Deadpool should be ported over without changing a thing.

I want a baseball game. With powers. I want the family feeling from the Claremont years. I mostly just want to feel like my X-men are on the screen.

BANNED

R.I.P. Mr. Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Innocent Bystander View Post
    I want them to not feel beholden to use the original five, but to maintain an O5 feel for at least the first movie, and definitely no Wolverine. I want Brie Larson to show up in an X-movie, and for Rogue to get her powers. I agree Ryan Reynolds's Deadpool should be ported over without changing a thing.

I want a baseball game. With powers. I want the family feeling from the Claremont years. I mostly just want to feel like my X-men are on the screen.
    I think they should kick off with Chuck and the original team. It would give them a nice reboot/transition into the MCU and they could build up to some new characters and eventually a new Logan. I want to see the Outback era on screen...that was my jam as a kid. I have always been a Havok fan...and haven't been a fan of him in the movies, so much.

Astonishing Member

I could really go for a teenage team like the O5, because they barely went into the teen/coming-of-age angle in the Fox films. They set it up a couple of times, but never really got to spend any time on it. But I'd rather they went the X-Men: Evolution route and used a variety of characters across the X-Men's history.

Oh, and I want Jubilee to be in it and for her to do something. I know she's not a lot of people's first choice, but I think she's a great character. Also, she's probably Marvel's most well-known and least stereotypical Asian-American character.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    I think they should kick off with Chuck and the original team. It would give them a nice reboot/transition into the MCU and they could build up to some new characters and eventually a new Logan. I want to see the Outback era on screen...that was my jam as a kid. I have always been a Havok fan...and haven't been a fan of him in the movies, so much.
    I just don't think we need Angel/Beast/Cyclops/Iceman/Marvel Girl, just as the MCU didn't have Antman & Wasp in the original Avengers.

I'd love to see the Outback too... not sure we could get it from the Trickster storyline, but it could stem from a Mutant Massacre (wouldn't *that* be something to see?)

Fantastic Member

can I mention an elephant in the room that needs reworking: magnetos origin(finding an 80 year old person to play the part might be hard).
    my suggestion would be the were two: the first one was an escapee from a concentration camp who became a partisan(everybody assumed he was a attemp to recreate the supersoldier serum - he wasn't) in poland and went after WWII to Israel.
    the second is his Israeli grandson.

I just don't think we need Angel/Beast/Cyclops/Iceman/Marvel Girl, just as the MCU didn't have Antman & Wasp in the original Avengers.

I'd love to see the Outback too... not sure we could get it from the Trickster storyline, but it could stem from a Mutant Massacre (wouldn't *that* be something to see?)
    I'm thinking the 05 could be in a prologue or flashback as teens (and the MCU is growing increasingly more comfortable with references to the comics), and then the main story can have whatever line up or go with whatever story they wish (as long as Cyclops is part of the current team, dammit).

To me, sure, the X-Men started off as teens, but by this point in the comics, they've spent the majority of their years as adults, and thus the majority of their media (heck, the narrative juxtaposition is one reason the OG X-Men were brought to the present day from the 60s). The X-Men post-1960s tend to be in their mid 20s - late 30s/early 40s, and that's what I'd expect to see on screen. Teen X-Men haven't just been done before, but they'll be done again in the near future via New Mutants, and even though the MCU is a different entity than the Fox universe, the MCU tends to be rather aware of not repeating things so soon (which is why there was no origin story for Spidey in Homecoming -- we already saw that in Sony's ASM just a few years before).
    Last edited by Cyke; 11-15-2018 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stwaz View Post
    This can't be the first thread focusing on this, but I searched for it and didn't find it. If there's already an ongoing discussion, please point me in the right direction.

I've been reading X-Men comics since 1982, and have been a fan of the cartoons, movies and now TV shows. I have some hopes and dreams (and I'm actually excited) for the X-Men in the MCU.

1. I hope they recast everyone. Except Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool. Due to the uniqueness of the Deadpool comics, I actually think he could be incorporated...eventually.

2. Having said that, i hope they start over with the O5 and Xavier as the main focus. I hope they take their time with the story and not jump right into Wolverine, Storm, Colossus etc...The powers that be at Marvel Studios have shown they are willing to do this, unlike the DC films, so I hope they give the X-Men the same consideration.

3. The Fox films focused on Magneto and Xavier's rivalry/friendship. I don't know if it's necessary to revisit that. Obviously, Magneto has been an important character in the X-Men comics, so he'd have to show up somehow, but it would have to be in a different way than the Fox films.

4. I hope they keep the numbers of Mutants very low. One of the things I haven't liked in the Fox films (and sometimes the comics, tbh) is the number of nondescript Mutants running around. Focus on Xavier & the O5. Slowly introduce others. But not a lot of others.

5. I think, for the most part, they could introduce Mutants into the MCU and almost keep them hidden from the rest of the world for a while. That would A) make sense and be in line with the comics and B) give them time to develop the characters and relationships without having to have a big confrontation with Captain Marvel or Doctor Strange etc...obviously, this would be happening at the same time the Fantastic Four are introduced to the MCU. I have ideas about that too!

6. And finally, I really hope the characters stay true to their comic counterparts. Angel was butchered in the Fox movies. Rogue wasn't really Rogue. Storm wasn't nearly regal enough. AND if/when they do reintroduce Wolverine he's got to be a short, hairy, scrappy fellow.

'nuff said.
    I disagree with wolverine having to be played by a short hairy guy I just don't see that working in a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by LordLeviathan View Post
    can I mention an elephant in the room that needs reworking: magnetos origin(finding an 80 year old person to play the part might be hard).
    my suggestion would be the were two: the first one was an escapee from a concentration camp who became a partisan(everybody assumed he was a attemp to recreate the supersoldier serum - he wasn't) in poland and went after WWII to Israel.
    the second is his Israeli grandson.
    I think Magneto is easy to cover. Just add a line about the mutant genes tending to make mutants age slower. Heck you don't even have to have it be all mutants, make it a side effect of his powers. Easy!

Amazing Member

Would be awesome to see the introduction of Mutants with the iconic meeting of Wolverine vs Hulk in the Canadian forest.....recreating the cover of IH 181. They could work backwards from there establishing the existence of the Xavier school and the original 5. Contrasted with the emerging Weapon X program and secret government (Hydra?) experiments on the emerging existence of mutants.

I felt that First Class took a good approach that differentiated itself successfully from the other X-Men films. In fact it feels like we've already had a number of reboots!

But First Class took the concept of having a limited group of X-Men, made them self-contained by making their nemesis be a bad guy group of X-Men, and did a good job setting the world up to have an us versus them feel. Of course, a lot of that only succeeded because it was set in the past at around the time the X-Men comics first appeared, with all the cultural baggage that made them resonate in the first place.

If something like that were done today, the big challenge would be doing it in the shared universe. The Avengers already have taken the path from being unknowns who are feared to being household names that people trust (see the Cap infomercials in Homecoming). But thanks to Civil War, the Avengers have taken the full path of falling from grace again and again being outsiders. How do you make the X-Men into outsiders in this world just because they look different? I suppose you could make them also all be gay or bisexual disabled single parents who worship the Flying Spaghetti Monster and use Ouija Boards.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So it seems Hugh Jackman has a major announcement coming later this week scheduled on Today Show. People are basically waiting to see if its about returning as Wolverine and taking the character into Marvel film universe now.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So it seems Hugh Jackman has a major announcement coming later this week scheduled on Today Show. People are basically waiting to see if its about returning as Wolverine and taking the character into Marvel film universe now.
    God I hope not. Logan was his perfect out for the character. Plus I don't want anything tying the "Singerverse" to whatever Marvel has planned going forward. That that universe die with Fox and let Marvel blaze their own path.

I was hoping Hugh Jackman would pop up as Mysterio. It would give him a chance to play a character completely different than Wolverine. Alas it was not meant to be.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Sony gonna snatch him up and make him Kraven