Page 40 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Black Panther gets an Oscar Nom and MCU Trolls be like:

exploding-head.jpg
    Last edited by Theleviathan; 01-22-2019 at 06:54 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Black Panther gets an Oscar Nom and MCU Trolls be like:

exploding-head.jpg
    I hope and pray BP win all seven Oscars awards.
    Last edited by Raiders; 01-22-2019 at 07:22 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    I hope and pray BP win all seven Oscars awards.
    Your sarcasm is cute. Interesting coping mechanism I suppose.

BANNED

X-Men hopes and dreams, xmen never gets nominated for a token award bought and paid for. black panther getting nominated for Oscars for pure political reasons and not art. heads are bound to explode.
    Last edited by Jeramas; 01-22-2019 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeramas View Post
    X-Men hopes and dreams, xmen never gets nominated for a token award bought and paid for. black panther getting nominated for Oscars for pure political reasons and not art. heads are bound to explode.
    So is the oscar bought and paid for or did they get it for pure political reasons? Not sure which one your trying to say. Even if it is poltical reasons it one of the biggest movies of all time and one of the best reviewed CBMs ever. So people clearly loved it for whatever reason. As far as the Oscar's go. Yea they have never show CBMs love. The fact that they decide to now is definelty for Poltical reasons and show how unracist they are. Kinda like a racist voting for Obama and saying its proof they are racist. But no of that means Black Panthers isnt deserving, everything we can measure tells us it was a beloved film.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    So is the oscar bought and paid for or did they get it for pure political reasons? Not sure which one your trying to say. Even if it is poltical reasons it one of the biggest movies of all time and one of the best reviewed CBMs ever. So people clearly loved it for whatever reason. As far as the Oscar's go. Yea they have never show CBMs love. The fact that they decide to now is definelty for Poltical reasons and show how unracist they are. Kinda like a racist voting for Obama and saying its proof they are racist. But no of that means Black Panthers isnt deserving,
    Political reasons + bought and paid for by Disney. Don't forget the powerful media support for diversity. it's not a fair to compare it to Obama. we either vote democrat or republican. those are the only 2 main realistic options. Obama was the democrat nominee. he won the nomination on merit beating Hilary.

This is just cringe, Winter Solider is weaker than DOFP, black panther, a weaker film than winter solider- gets nominated for best picture. no directing, acting or writing nominations.
    everything we can measure tells us it was a beloved film.
    This is measured. it is not the the best MCU movie so it cant be the most beloved mcu movie. Being beloved is not the criteria for oscars, being the best is.

BANNED

You’re wrong again, I’m not being sarcastic. There is a video on another thread of a white supremacist who admits he never seen BP, but complained about it being nominated.
    BP winning will stick it to those white supremacist.
    Last edited by Raiders; 01-22-2019 at 10:50 PM.

Incredible Member

Found this great design on the reddit:
    stuart-cooper-storm-fullbody-whiteyes.jpg
    I think it's a great design, it keeps a lot of the "Storm paraphernelia", the tiara, the bracelets, the ruby. I like the african vibe, I would change a few things here and there but I think that's how she should look.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeramas View Post
    Political reasons + bought and paid for by Disney. Don't forget the powerful media support for diversity. it's not a fair to compare it to Obama. we either vote democrat or republican. those are the only 2 main realistic options. Obama was the democrat nominee. he won the nomination on merit beating Hilary.

This is just cringe, Winter Solider is weaker than DOFP, black panther, a weaker film than winter solider- gets nominated for best picture. no directing, acting or writing nominations.

This is measured. it is not the the best MCU movie so it cant be the most beloved mcu movie. Being beloved is not the criteria for oscars, being the best is.
    How is that measured it's the biggest cbm ever, that's not an avengers team up. And if you think DoFP being better then TWS and Black Panther is a fact iono how to help you. You like it more fine but the only thing cringe worthy is how you think your personal taste is somehow the popular opinion.

DoFP was fine but Logan was the only XCU movie I feel like deserved to be mentioned come oscar time

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    I think it's a great design, it keeps a lot of the "Storm paraphernelia", the tiara, the bracelets, the ruby. I like the african vibe, I would change a few things here and there but I think that's how she should look.
    Nice I like it.

This is a very good design the African touches on Storm suit are pretty cool
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 01-23-2019 at 02:57 AM.

Astonishing Member

On the subject of Storm and the X-Men in the MCU, I think her back story works a little better in that sort of world. Specifically a world that already includes Thor. Separated from all that, it's always seemed like this old-fashioned, colonial "Oh, these stupid superstitious Africans. How foolish of them to think a mutant is a goddess. Guffaw, guffaw, guffaw" kind of thing (it's best to imagine that quote being said by a British person in a pith helmet). But imagine you live in a world where Thor, a Norse god, has already appeared and started fighting bad guys in the US. When a young woman who can manipulate the weather also shows up, what conclusion are you going to jump to? Especially if mutants aren't really a well-known thing. Maybe they're not being superstitious. Maybe they're just thinking "Finally! The white people had one of their gods show up! Now we have one of our own!"

That looks amazing, hope they use it or something like it when the time comes!

BANNED

Read the article in The Atlantic. Horrific. Everyone should hope that Feige takes over the X-Men asap. I am utterly appalled that people like Jackman, Stewart, McKellen, McAvoy, Berry, Lawrence etc would ever work with such a pervert.

All you people obsessing about MCU vs XCU vs DCEU and Logan and The Dark Knight and DOFP and Black Panther...

Well, no MCU director was going around raping children that I know of.
    Last edited by sammy_hansen; 01-24-2019 at 11:28 PM.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Kevin Feige also worked with that pervert.