Page 44 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    Actually, at the end of the credits you’ll see the brand name “Walt Disney Studios”
    But a lot of fans don't care about that. They are watching a Marvel film, not a Disney film.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    But a lot of fans don't care about that. They are watching a Marvel film, not a Disney film.
    You’re right about the fans don’t care, but it’s not about that.
    It’s about Disney’s organizational structure and how best to run the company.
    Although financially successful, LucasFilms has creatively struggle under Disney Studios and MS formula has been stagnant. Moving under Fox will allow a wider range and financially be just as successful.
    Last edited by Raiders; 01-27-2019 at 10:25 PM.

I'm curious about how they're gonna retcon their existence, but also how they're going to handle the fear of mutants thing being that a lot of powered people are admired in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet View Post
    I'm curious about how they're gonna retcon their existence, but also how they're going to handle the fear of mutants thing being that a lot of powered people are admired in the MCU.
    Same as the Marvel Universe did probably.

You’re right about the fans don’t care, but it’s not about that.
    It’s about Disney’s organizational structure and how best to run the company.
    Although financially successful, LucasFilms has creatively struggle under Disney Studios and MS formula has been stagnant. Moving under Fox will allow a wider range and financially be just as successful.
    MS made over 3 billion in ticket sales alone and got critical praise for Black Panther and Infinity War the stagnant argument doesn't stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Same as the Marvel Universe did probably.
    You mean not at all?

I said this another thread the movie universe is more finite the reason hate and fear doesn't work the 616 because they have been writing it for years and they will continue to write it for years. In movie world that is not the case just pay attention to how many major villains have been killed in the MCU. The movie world doesn't have priority of having to survive by keeping the best concepts around,The extreme hate and fear doesn't not need to happen forever(maybe 3 or 4 movies) and at some point in the movie universe the X-men and the majority of mutants can been seen as heroes and part of the normal world.

The X-men and mutants don't always have to be the boogiemen fear by humans, I argue with people all time the X-men concept can also be a straight up superhero concept they don't always have to revolutionaries and social justice warriors. You can say they are better as revolutionaries and social justice warriors I wouldn't disagree with that but X-men as well fighting Magneto,Hellfire Club,Purifiers and Apocalypse also fight Dracula,The Brood/ Shiar and the Adversary/Demon Bear. The X-men could never touch the social commentary and it would still give some pretty good movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I said this another thread the movie universe is more finite the reason hate and fear doesn't work the 616 because they have been writing it for years and they will continue to write it for years. In movie world that is not the case just pay attention to how many major villains have been killed in the MCU. The movie world doesn't have priority of having to survive by keeping the best concepts around,The extreme hate and fear doesn't not need to happen forever(maybe 3 or 4 movies) and at some point in the movie universe the X-men and the majority of mutants can been seen as heroes and part of the normal world.

The X-men and mutants don't always have to be the boogiemen fear by humans, I argue with people all time the X-men concept can also be a straight up superhero concept they don't always have to revolutionaries and social justice warriors. You can say they are better as revolutionaries and social justice warriors I wouldn't disagree with that but X-men as well fighting Magneto,Hellfire Club,Purifiers and Apocalypse also fight Dracula,The Brood/ Shiar and the Adversary/Demon Bear. The X-men could never touch the social commentary and it would still give some pretty good movies.
    But they're best known for the social stuff. Like that's they're main hook as a brand. But I see your point about the movies being able to grow from that and tell other stories where they face different social circumstances.

But they're best known for the social stuff. Like that's they're main hook as a brand. But I see your point about the movies being able to grow from that and tell other stories where they face different social circumstances.
    I just gave the extreme example the X-men will always have some stuff on social aspect ,The bigger point was it doesn't have to mutants from running sentinels bad, It could be Lebron James having a white woman on Fox telling him to shut up and dribble bad or writing the n word on his gate wall bad. The X-men can reflect the real world we live in world where "where a racist woman reporting a black person to police gets destroyed on social and in real life getting fired" but we live in a world" where president of us lumps most mexican immigrants as rapist and drug dealers and large amount of people agree with him" in this same world Sofia Vergara is highest paid female actress on Tv,and Lebron James and Beyonce are some of the biggest stars in the US .

So I guess the best way to say it is the "Hate" will always be there and make sense, The "Fear" doesn't always need to be there

Actually, at the end of the credits you’ll see the brand name “Walt Disney Studios”
    Which is what I said two posts ago you have to dig through the credits to find out it has anything to do with disney. They arent branded Disney movies they are branded Marvel movies. That's why according to Feigie he can make a R rated film anytime he wants.

Lol hard to take you serious bruh. Marvel is getting Stagnant? They have like 8 Oscar nominations for 2018. Made 4billion at the boxoffice and have shown no indications of slowing. So have fun in this imaginary world where Marvel is struggling

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    A lot of fans care about care about that. Most Marvel films are now Disney films. Marvel fans had this concern when Disney first bought Marvel. The world of Marvel and Disney are too diluted.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    A lot of fans care about care about that. Most Marvel films are now Disney films. Marvel fans had this concern when Disney first bought Marvel. The world of Marvel and Disney are too diluted.
    Do you think H20 was too diluted? Because that was released when Dimension films was owned by Disney.

You mean not at all?
    Before the FF there were very few mutants in the world even Xavier and Magneto when they meet weren't sure if other mutants existed. Then there was a mutant boom and the public feared the randomness of mutants popping up. The Avengers, FF, DD, Spidey, Dr. Strange all have explanations but anyone can be mutant and possibly have a dangerous power that would create fear and panic which it did. I don't care MU, XCU, or now the MCU there is always a long time even centuries where mutants live in the shadows and are myths due to low population and than boom and I don't get why people have such an issue with it in collation to the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Do you think H20 was too diluted? Because that was released when Dimension films was owned by Disney.
    Disney owns marvel as of present. You know there is a problem with marvel when marvel yesteryear animation is more stimulating to the mind than MCU movies. The non cinematic Marvel movies are still the best thing Marvel has ever done.

An undiluted Marvel movie will not have Thor Ragnarok, GOTG, Infinity War and the cgi -driven spoofy nonsense as Marvel films. When I think of undiluted marvel films, Spiderman 2 , Blade and X-Men 2, are at the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    Disney owns marvel as of present. You know there is a problem with marvel when marvel yesteryear animation is more stimulating to the mind than MCU movies. The non cinematic Marvel movies are still the best thing Marvel has ever done.

An undiluted Marvel movie will not have Thor Ragnarok, GOTG, Infinity War and the cgi -driven spoofy nonsense as Marvel films. When I think of undiluted marvel films, Spiderman 2 , Blade and X-Men 2, are at the top of my head.
    Given how popular the MCU is and the debates MCU movies have sparked I'm thinking the stimulation problem might lie with you. The fact that you dont pick up on themes and messages of the movie or just dont like them is a you problem not Marvels.

Spiderman 2 is saved by an amazing performance from Molina. The movie makes no sense with a bunch of Logic gaps. Blade is just a fun cool action flick, theres nothing deep about it. Xmen 2 has a cool af opening scene with Nightcralwer. Who then proceeds to be creepy af the rest of the movie and horrible adaption of the character. Then there the so on the nose Scene where Bobby comes out to his parents. I mean Black Panthers commentary is subtle enough that people can take away different things(theres pages of people talking about it in the Oscar thread and some people took away different things) X2 give you a coming out scene that i
    literaly has the parent say "Have you tried not being a mutant?" As if people weren't already picking up on the obvious parallels to the LGTBQ community, they decide to smack you over the head and make sure the dim witted amongst us get it too.

You attack the Marvel movies in a way that makes me feel like I'm always stuck arguing against the Xmen movies. I love the Xmen movies well Xmen doesnt hold up well and is kinda boring, X3 is a shit show but atleast it had a good beast but that canceled out by that awful juggernaut, Origins of Wolverine well that goes without saying, I really liked The Wolverine untill studio interference led to a ending that didnt fit with the rest of the movie. So we get Wolveirne fighting a giant robot. Xmen Apocalypse is one the most forgetable CBM of all time and way underperformed because of it,never forgive how bad Apocalypse was.

So that means I like X2,First class, DoFP,Logan. 4 out of 9 ain't bad I guess. Deadpool is in it own world but i love both of them so we can make it 6 out of 11.