Page 47 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I'd want to see something based around District X and Madrox/M-Day era X-Factor.
    I think I'd want Madrox X-Factor as an actual TV show. The visuals don't need to be epic, but the characterizations are all lessons in playing the long game, which movies aren't that great for unless you're Tony Stark.

But with that said, if MCU TV is any indicator, having X-Factor on television all but eliminates any crossover with the movies, and that would be a massive shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I think I'd want Madrox X-Factor as an actual TV show. The visuals don't need to be epic, but the characterizations are all lessons in playing the long game, which movies aren't that great for unless you're Tony Stark.

But with that said, if MCU TV is any indicator, having X-Factor on television all but eliminates any crossover with the movies, and that would be a massive shame.
    I'm kind of surprised they didn't turn Madrox into a detective show like Psych crossed with iZombie.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post

Depends whose producing it. Marvel studio seems like it’s a whole hell of lot more willing to share some of its toys with Disney + so can’t write anything off just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Depends whose producing it. Marvel studio seems like it’s a whole hell of lot more willing to share some of its toys with Disney + so can’t write anything off just yet.
    Sure, but I'm going by studio precedence here, too, from both the Fox and MCU farms. Fox produced both the X-movies and Legion, and the studio and the producers (in particular, Donner, Bryan Singer, and surprise-surprise, Jeph Loeb) hyped some connection to the films, but that was never Noah Hawley's intent. Hawley was outnumbered on this point in the media just for the fact that there are way more producers than the creator, and so even though he had the freedom and support to keep the show separate, the producers were saying the opposite to the press.

The closest Legion ever got was using Xavier's wheelchair prop from X-Men: Apocalypse, but after the 2nd season, Loeb and Donner changed their tune, citing the need to separate the two and avoiding the messy continuity of the films. While Xavier is indeed Legion's father all the same, it's the Xavier of that world/timeline, and not the movie Xavier, much in the same way how DC has (had) two live-action Bruce Waynes running around concurrently.

And that's virtually all but similar to how Marvel Studios had been handling their Netflix shows. Sure, they're connected to the films and the shows reference events, characters, and landmarks, but they also keep a tight reign -- the movies don't go the other way. Letting Disney play with their toys typically means more along the lines of promotion and advertising, and while Disney can always request more crossovers, Agents of SHIELD is the best example in this case and even then those interactions with the MCU films dwindled until all we got was a passing reference to Thanos before the season break.
    Last edited by Cyke; 02-04-2019 at 05:07 PM.

Mighty Member

I know it's a stretch, but I really hope someone uses the Eternals movie to setup the mutants. All that really needs to happen is the Celestials come to Earth and alter the genome. That way, the Eternals, Deviants, and Mutants could all be set up in one swoop.

LSD interview highlights

She is out and has confidence in handing Franchise to Feige.

Gambit is Fiege's decision now.

She hopes New Mutants gets a theatrical release and doesn't end up on Hulu but it sounds like she doesn't get a vote in the matter.

https://deadline.com/2019/02/new-mut...er-1202549615/

Lauren Shuler thinks there will be a suffocation under Disney.

She like James Mcavoy is concerned about the the lack of distinctiveness of comic movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post

She like James Mcavoy is concerned about the the lack of distinctiveness of comic movies.
    That isn't what she said in the slightest she said having more than 4 or so franchises can choke the market but she also said she had faith in Fiege in the interview.

Her only concern about "distinctiveness" if you manipulate her comment was her fear New Mutants would end up on Hulu as she hopes it gets a Theaterical Release.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

The first sentence: Lauren Shuler Donner is ready to hand off the X-Men franchise to Disney and Marvel’s Kevin Feige, and she has no worries — it’s in good hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    The first sentence: Lauren Shuler Donner is ready to hand off the X-Men franchise to Disney and Marvel’s Kevin Feige, and she has no worries — it’s in good hands.
    More to the point...

“Kevin (Feige) and I started the first movie, he worked for me, he has a great story sense when it comes to weaving each world together, I trust him and I trust where he will take it,” said Shuler Donner.

No she doesn’t.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Yeah the article makes no mention of suffocation under Disney at all. In fact both articles posted are the same exact deal. How did that come about that someone read that and nowhere in the article is that mentioned ? In fact here is the entire article...

Lauren Shuler Donner is ready to hand off the X-Men franchise to Disney and Marvel’s Kevin Feige, and she has no worries — it’s in good hands.

“Kevin (Feige) and I started the first movie, he worked for me, he has a great story sense when it comes to weaving each world together, I trust him and I trust where he will take it,” said Shuler Donner.

The fate of the long-in development Gambit with Channing Tatum; its final result will be determined by the new Disney Marvel when it comes to fruition. The film is currently not bubbling in development. There’s no director attached to the pic even though Fox has it dated for March 13, 2020. That said, Shuler Donner, whose credits have generated in excess of $6.6 billion at the global B.O., says that there’s been some thoughts about a new Wolverine down the road.

However, “it’s all in Disney’s playground and they get to decide,” said the producer.

Will she remain aboard the X-Men franchise as it comes into the Disney fold?

“I don’t know, I don’t think so, certainly in name credit, it’s up to Kevin (Feige),” said Shuler Donner, “I don’t know what Kevin is thinking, I think he’s still dealing with the wealth of characters and trying to make sense of it all.”

The producer was at TCA today here in Pasadena, CA for FX’s Legion panel. The cable network announced today, ironically in a year when Disney is set to acquire Fox’s Marvel X-Men assets, that the series’ third season in June, will be its last. Creator Noah Hawley has said that it was always part of his design to do three seasons.

What Shuler Donner did warn in a scrum with reporters is that “you cannot have too many Marvel, X-Men superhero movies out there: We’ll cancel each other out. Each one has to be distinctive. You have The Avengers to follow through; there are so many distinctive canons to follow through and you have to have new ones to focus on. For us, it’s a lot and people will get sick of them. We have to be careful; he (Kevin) has to be careful. You can’t have more than four (franchises out there).”

In regards to the rumors of New Mutants heading to Hulu, Shuler Donner, who yielded production oversee of the project to Simon Kinberg, says that she’s “hopeful” that the teen-horror pic will receive a theatrical release. The pic is currently scheduled to hit theaters on Aug. 2. “They worked hard on it,” said Shuler Donner about the film’s production team, “I want to see it released (theatrically), I’d hate to see it thrown at Hulu.”

Whether New Mutants goes straight to Hulu or not; we’ve heard that those hard decisions will be made once Fox is completely in the Disney fold. As of right now, the pic is scheduled to be released theatrically.

This article also puts to bed the whole debate of Lauren Donner now having rights to X-Men since she literally claims its up to Feige and Disney if she gets more than a credit for it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

hey look Disney will keep making R Deadpool movies...What a surprise even though he said this same thing months ago

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/d...ed-1203129498/

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    hey look Disney will keep making R Deadpool movies...What a surprise even though he said this same thing months ago

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/d...ed-1203129498/
    I'm a real sucker for cast and crew in franchises that undergo major changes but make the cut (for example: some of the designers of 90s era Trek worked on the Abrams movies; production crew from both those eras are working on Discovery, etc).

And so with that in mind, I'm sure it's a certainty at this point, but I still hope that Ryan Reynolds is part of that transition from Fox Deadpool to Disney-Deadpool (whatever studio or banner they decide to use).

Mighty Member

I can't believe you just linked to an article that defeated your own claim.

“I don’t know, I don’t think so, certainly in name credit, it’s up to Kevin (Feige),” said Shuler Donner, “I don’t know what Kevin is thinking, I think he’s still dealing with the wealth of characters and trying to make sense of it all.”