Page 48 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
    Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I'm a real sucker for cast and crew in franchises that undergo major changes but make the cut (for example: some of the designers of 90s era Trek worked on the Abrams movies; production crew from both those eras are working on Discovery, etc).

And so with that in mind, I'm sure it's a certainty at this point, but I still hope that Ryan Reynolds is part of that transition from Fox Deadpool to Disney-Deadpool (whatever studio or banner they decide to use).
    If Wolverine getting recast, Deadpool is getting recast.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    If Wolverine getting recast, Deadpool is getting recast.
    Big difference is Hugh Jackman has chosen to retire from being Logan due to the work it takes to get into Wolverine shape while Ryan is still very interested in playing Deadpool.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Big difference is Hugh Jackman has chosen to retire from being Logan due to the work it takes to get into Wolverine shape while Ryan is still very interested in playing Deadpool.
    Ryan Reynolds is a rare case they arent recasting Deadpool unless Reynolds hangs it up. Hes is more irraplacable then Jackman or Stewart imo. Not because of talent but because of how connect the actor is too the character. Wolverine was a name before Jackman same as Professor x. Deadpool had its die hard fans but Wolverine was up there with Spiderman and Hulk as Marvel characters that had name appeal. Mostly. because of big the xmen were in the 90s and Wolverine is probaly amongst comic fans one of the most popular characters of all time. So much so marvel felt the need to put him in every single book they made untill people were like okay slow it down kill him off for awhile.

Man, recasting Deadpool would be like recasting Bob or Doug McKenzie.

What's the point?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Man, recasting Deadpool would be like recasting Bob or Doug McKenzie.

What's the point?
    Disney cant adapt X-Men stories. recasting Deadpool is them telling us that. The batman is coming out 2021. Poor mcu xmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeramas View Post
    Disney cant adapt X-Men stories. recasting Deadpool is them telling us that. The batman is coming out 2021. Poor mcu xmen.
    They haven't said they're recasting him or anyone LSD only said Wolverine was getting recast by Marvel because HJ retired from the role. What Iger did say was Deadpool would stay rated R.

You keep jumping several points ahead. No one's said anything about recasting Deadpool, ergo Disney isn't telling us that because they haven't said anything, either.

Now, with that said, I sincerely doubt that Disney spent all those billions on profitable franchises just to not use them the way they were intended.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Tbh, I don't think Reynolds is staying either.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    What makes you say that? I know he doesnt want another deadpool movie he wants a team movie but if that what it takes I can see Disney saying ok well turn Deadpool 3 back into the xforce movie. But yea if he really never wants to do another solo deadpool he will be recast the character is too big now not to keep going.

I hope Marvel starts else world one shots outside the MCU. I'd love to see alternate versions played by different actors of characters in specific storys. Like I'd love a Good,Bad,and the ugly movie with Cap,Wolverine, and Deadpool. Even bring Jackman back as an older Wolverine(though might be too confusing), Keep Reynolds since he wont be in the mcu anyway, and then cast a new cap but much older. Like John Hamm with grey hair could pull it off.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    You keep jumping several points ahead. No one's said anything about recasting Deadpool, ergo Disney isn't telling us that because they haven't said anything, either.

Now, with that said, I sincerely doubt that Disney spent all those billions on profitable franchises just to not use them the way they were intended.
    Watering down X-Men stories is not what I call using them. Jump few steps back on the thread to see how ridiculous Disney films looks to X-Men. let's not pretend Disney could have adapted DOFP.

Watering down X-Men stories is not what I call using them. Jump few steps back on the thread to see how ridiculous Disney films looks to X-Men. let's not pretend Disney could have adapted DOFP.
    You, and you alone, put a lot of stock in your assertions. You made a lot of claims about what you THINK are good movies. Doesn't seem like many others picked up what you're putting down though.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 02-07-2019 at 05:50 AM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Mighty Member

You state that as if it's a fact when it is actually pure speculation.

As for the mutants, I would be smart about this and go obscure with the roster. We need a method to distinguish from the FoX-Men and the MCU X-Men.
    Last edited by U.N. Owen; 02-07-2019 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    We need a method to distinguish from the FoX-Men and the MCU X-Men.
    Story-telling
    Screenplay
    Editing
    Cinematography
    X-Men feeling like X-men
    Depth
    Themes
    Accountable Movie-making process.
    Director directing their own movies.

The top x-men films are distinguished from the MCU for all of those. What is MCU trying to distinguish itself from? from their own films that are all the same. Why would any film want to distinguish itself from Logan/X2 for GOTG or Avengers? It's not as if MCU X-men is going to be a ground breaking moment in CBM history. What does Spider-Man Homecoming tell us vs the beloved Spider-Man moves (2002-2007).

MCU already adapted DOFP. Avengers 2 and Avengers 3 is MCU DOFP.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    Reynolds brought Deadpool to life. the noble thing is to go down with it.
    Last edited by Marvelgirl; 02-07-2019 at 08:59 AM.

Except those posts use the exact same jumps in logic that you used here. And Disney hasn't watered X-Men stories because they haven't told any X-Men stories to water down yet.

It's like saying your race car is going to lose the race and then you shoot out your own tires before the light turns green because of your own expectations.

so how much will mutants be hated in the MCU? how much will the political allegories be present or will this just be "the other" Avengers team?

how much will other villains be used, besides Magneto and a handful of "major bosses"?

how much will comics-continuity matter on who is on the team to start, and who joins later?