Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Sony gonna snatch him up and make him Kraven
    Coogler wanted Kraven for BP. So I wouldnt be surprised if Marvel works something out with Sony for Kraven in BP 2. Also Gerad butler was always my favorite to play Kraven hes actually a fine actor who just picks bas movies. Iono if he can do the Russian accent I know Jackman can.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Coogler wanted Kraven for BP. So I wouldnt be surprised if Marvel works something out with Sony for Kraven in BP 2. Also Gerad butler was always my favorite to play Kraven hes actually a fine actor who just picks bas movies. Iono if he can do the Russian accent I know Jackman can.
    I'd wager a bit of money that Kraven will be African-American in a movie, particularly if he's a good guy.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I'd wager a bit of money that Kraven will be African-American in a movie, particularly if he's a good guy.
    Why's that?

Reboot from the start, this time with a team movie that focus on the team and not on just one character. ( Looking at you Wolverine.)

The og 05 would be nice. You don't have to keep it just like the comic but keep the same team, with Wolverine joining at like the 3rd movie.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I think they wanted kraven to be the villian for Blaxk Panther originally but Marvel told Coogler no. So iono why he would a hero maybe hes a villian with a Code that u can understand but I doubt the MCU needs more heroes. If Sony makes a Kraven movie then I can see them making him anti hero but in BP or spiderman movies hes gonna be a sympathetic villian at best is my guess

Fantastic Member

The franchise definitely needs to be rebooted. What Fox did should be it's own thing and not carry over into the MCU, and it's for that reason the X-Men should not be in their own separate universe. I think the majority of fans want to see them interacting with the other heroes, and I also think part of Disney buying Fox was so they could unify these characters in a shared universe.

As for some other points touched on in this thread, while I would LOVE to see an X-Men movie with the Original Five, I think the chances of this happening are actually pretty slim. But I hope someone at Marvel Studios will take a chance on it.

We're NOT going to see a short guy playing Wolverine. Just ain't gonna happen. It wouldn't work on film. No one is gonna take seriously a guy who's Danny DeVito's height running around on screen kicking butt. It would look silly. This is just gonna have to be a sacrifice we're gonna have to live with, because the studio is gonna be looking for someone to fill Hugh Jackman's boots, and a short guy ain't gonna cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker Venom View Post
    The franchise definitely needs to be rebooted. What Fox did should be it's own thing and not carry over into the MCU, and it's for that reason the X-Men should not be in their own separate universe. I think the majority of fans want to see them interacting with the other heroes, and I also think part of Disney buying Fox was so they could unify these characters in a shared universe.

As for some other points touched on in this thread, while I would LOVE to see an X-Men movie with the Original Five, I think the chances of this happening are actually pretty slim. But I hope someone at Marvel Studios will take a chance on it.

We're NOT going to see a short guy playing Wolverine. Just ain't gonna happen. It wouldn't work on film. No one is gonna take seriously a guy who's Danny DeVito's height running around on screen kicking butt. It would look silly. This is just gonna have to be a sacrifice we're gonna have to live with, because the studio is gonna be looking for someone to fill Hugh Jackman's boots, and a short guy ain't gonna cut it.
    Yea but the actor also doesnt have to be lean and lengthy. Though as time went on Jackman got better and better at packing weight on for the role. Someone with a John Bernthal or Tom Hardy body type would be ideal. But no Wolverine is not gonna be Kevin Harts height on film. But he can be 5"8"-5"10 which is plenty short enough for me

X-Men should have their own universe

X-Men should not loose its tone. a tone that for Marvel is left for their Netflix shows

Less cinematic universe film process

More characters get to shine not just Magneto, Xavier, Wolverine, Mystique

X-Men feels like an X-Men movie we have known long before MCU showed up. X-men should not feel like an MCU movie not in plot or appearance. I want to watch an X-Men movie and still feel this is the series that opened their first film in Auschwitz camps that can compete with other world war 2 movies.

X-Men remains a very compelling universe told with allegories and human depth (Logan, Days Of Future Past, X-Men 1, First Class)
    Last edited by Marvelgirl; 11-27-2018 at 02:20 AM.

I rather see Wolverine pal around with Alpha flight for a while.

A hard reboot is probably gonna happen. They might keep some of the actors but I don't see them keeping the Fox movies. Even if they wanted to its not a practical decision.

What I hope for

1. Don't start with the 05. One girl and some other white dudes? Too similar to the first Avengers roster and sincerely, not the most interesting X-Men line-up. Character, looks and power wise.

2. A team more in line of this: Cyclops, Warpath, Nightcrawler, Storm, Psylocke, Iceman and Kitty (or Armor) as the new recruit. A more diverse line-up: white straight dude, native american straight dude, black straight lady, white straight lady, white straight dude and jewish (or japanese) teenager.

3. Professor X should be important but not the focus. The same goes for Magneto, Mystique and specially, Wolverine.

4. More colorful and individualized costumes.

5. Keep Deadpool as it is.

6. Introduce Wolverine in Deadpool, Storm in Black Panther, and Kitty and Iceman in Spider-Man.

7. Magneto should sit out as the main villain for a while.

8. Phoenix and her saga as well.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    X-Men should have their own universe

X-Men should not loose its tone. a tone that for Marvel is left for their Netflix shows

Less cinematic universe film process

More characters get to shine not just Magneto, Xavier, Wolverine, Mystique

X-Men feels like an X-Men movie we have known long before MCU showed up. X-men should not feel like an MCU movie not in plot or appearance. I want to watch an X-Men movie and still feel this is the series that opened their first film in Auschwitz camps that can compete with other world war 2 movies.

X-Men remains a very compelling universe told with allegories and human depth (Logan, Days Of Future Past, X-Men 1, First Class)
    That's my biggest concern. I'm excited to see how the X-Men would interact with the broader Marvel universe, provided they're still treated as outsiders. The thing that worries me the most is how the MCU handled Spider-Man. Lost any sense that he felt alienated from his superhero peers. The X-Men, of course, are alienated for different reasons, but it's very important that they not feel entirely comfortable with mainstream Marvel heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker Venom View Post

Now I'm thinking about how Peter Dinklage would do as Wolverine.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I think they wanted kraven to be the villian for Blaxk Panther originally but Marvel told Coogler no. So iono why he would a hero maybe hes a villian with a Code that u can understand but I doubt the MCU needs more heroes. If Sony makes a Kraven movie then I can see them making him anti hero but in BP or spiderman movies hes gonna be a sympathetic villian at best is my guess
    I've never bought into the idea of anti-hero. By definition that term refers to a villain. Kraven is likely to be a guy you can root for, like a Schwarzenegger action hero.

Honestly I'm concerned that anti-hero status for Kraven will mean he is an ecoterrorist blowing up dams and saving rainforests. That approach might work for a lot of people but its not my Kraven. Hopefully we'll get him being a hunter still.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Honestly I'm concerned that anti-hero status for Kraven will mean he is an ecoterrorist blowing up dams and saving rainforests. That approach might work for a lot of people but its not my Kraven. Hopefully we'll get him being a hunter still.
    Yeah. It's kind of hard to reconcile that kind of environmentalism with being a big name hunter.