Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Personally I don't even want a hint of Phoenix in the new Marvel movies. I am not even sure I want to see Magneto again until maybe the 3rd marvel movie. Sure hint at Magneto in the first movie, but don't make him the feature villian. Maybe have him show up at the end of the 2nd and be the main focus of the 3rd. Phoenix is a whole other story though. Phoenix is PLAYED OUT so bad in all media, and just needs to be left alone for a good decade at least if not longer.

Lets see real Sentinels. Lets see Mister Sinister and the Mauraders. Lets see the Morlocks. Lets see Proteus. Lets see the Externals. Lets see the Hellfire Club. Lets see Exodus.

Really any x-baddie besides Magneto and Mystique. Fox beat those characters so far into the ground it is not even funny at this point, and both need a long rest.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Personally I don't even want a hint of Phoenix in the new Marvel movies. I am not even sure I want to see Magneto again until maybe the 3rd marvel movie. Sure hint at Magneto in the first movie, but don't make him the feature villian. Maybe have him show up at the end of the 2nd and be the main focus of the 3rd. Phoenix is a whole other story though. Phoenix is PLAYED OUT so bad in all media, and just needs to be left alone for a good decade at least if not longer.

Lets see real Sentinels. Lets see Mister Sinister and the Mauraders. Lets see the Morlocks. Lets see Proteus. Lets see the Externals. Lets see the Hellfire Club. Lets see Exodus.

Really any x-baddie besides Magneto and Mystique. Fox beat those characters so far into the ground it is not even funny at this point, and both need a long rest.
    They've been done but badly done, I'm sure if the MCU plays well, we'll quickly forget the FOX X-Men even existed at one time. Nothing is too damaged to be repaired.

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    They've been done but badly done, I'm sure if the MCU plays well, we'll quickly forget the FOX X-Men even existed at one time. Nothing is too damaged to be repaired.
    I want Magneto there from the jump but behind the scenes. Not a major role. Honestly as far as the big bad they get in a super powered brawl with.. I think I'd rather him throw down in an Avenger movie. With Dark Phoenix Jean left out I never felt like the Xmen should stand a chance against Magneto. In the first movie I dont think they did.

Only thing I'm bummed about is we don't have the Magentos/Dooms who we could see help the heroes when something like the invasion of earth happens. The type of villians who would work with the heroes to stop a bigger threat. And obviously if someone else got the gauntlet and wanted to end all life Thanos is the type of villian that would help stop that. But I woulda loved seeing Doom and Magneto taking out outirders and the Black Order. But yea anyway introduce Magneto movie number 1 but dont have him step out of the shadows untill movie 3 or a team up avengers movie.

Do we think they retcon Pietro and Wands as being his kids in the movies? Pretty sure they said they're parents died with Starks bomb landed. Could be adopted but buy nor.al people instead of Gypsies

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I want Magneto there from the jump but behind the scenes. Not a major role. Honestly as far as the big bad they get in a super powered brawl with.. I think I'd rather him throw down in an Avenger movie. With Dark Phoenix Jean left out I never felt like the Xmen should stand a chance against Magneto. In the first movie I dont think they did.

Only thing I'm bummed about is we don't have the Magentos/Dooms who we could see help the heroes when something like the invasion of earth happens. The type of villians who would work with the heroes to stop a bigger threat. And obviously if someone else got the gauntlet and wanted to end all life Thanos is the type of villian that would help stop that. But I woulda loved seeing Doom and Magneto taking out outirders and the Black Order. But yea anyway introduce Magneto movie number 1 but dont have him step out of the shadows untill movie 3 or a team up avengers movie.

Do we think they retcon Pietro and Wands as being his kids in the movies? Pretty sure they said they're parents died with Starks bomb landed. Could be adopted but buy nor.al people instead of Gypsies
    Exactly! And they can retcon their powers so that the mind stone just awakened their mutant powers!
    I think the mutant power can even come from the Quantum realm, if you remember Janet's Pym an how the quantum realm makes you "evolve".

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Exactly! And they can retcon their powers so that the mind stone just awakened their mutant powers!
    I think the mutant power can even come from the Quantum realm, if you remember Janet's Pym an how the quantum realm makes you "evolve".
    Could work or Weapon X is working with Tech Hydra made from the Mind stone and they use that and Wolveirne to make a Terrigen style weapon the awakens everyone latent X-Gene. Eternals can even elaborate on the origins of the xGene

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Could work or Weapon X is working with Tech Hydra made from the Mind stone and they use that and Wolveirne to make a Terrigen style weapon the awakens everyone latent X-Gene. Eternals can even elaborate on the origins of the xGene
    I'm really longing for Eternals, just hoping they go with the Gaiman stuff!

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I would save Magneto for the second film too with the Brotherhood (which I don’t think has really been done justice in the Fox movies). I would have Mister Sinister as the villain for the first film, especially if Gambit is one of the team. Played by either Bryan Cranston or for a more authentic Sinister Richard E Grant (who was the perfect choice for Sinister only to be wasted in Logan).

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

The X-Men certainly have a deep bench of villains that have yet to be adapted that can be explored by Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    The X-Men certainly have a deep bench of villains that have yet to be adapted that can be explored by Marvel.
    The Hellfire Club is boring. Mister Sinister is ridiculous. The Brotherhood is led by Toad, a cool character with crap powers. The Acolytes are led by Exodus, a crap character with cool powers. Onslaught needs too much build up. Count Nefaria is two bit. Moses Magnum is three bit. The Brood will be seen as a ripoff. Stryfe is a mess. The Technarch/Phalanx is confusing.

I could see a Genosha movie that combines Arcade and Mojo.

I could see an Inferno movie that combines Azazel with Belasco.

I could see a Krakoa movie.

I could see an X-Cutioner horror movie.

I want the central conflict of the first MCU X-Men movie to be between Storm, who wants the X-Men to focus on overt superheroic action with a positive message, and Nightcrawler, who prefers the X-Men to be a covert rescue and sanctuary organization to protect mutants. Clearly the X-Men is both, but it’s about them realizing that and working together.

Jubilee is important because her powers are neither combat(Storm) or covert(Nightcrawler).

Before he appears in the Xmen or his connection to Xavier is revealed. I want Cain Marko to appear in Dr Strange and find the Gem Of Cyytorak. Use Dr Starnge to explain everything so we dont get some weak Juggernaut is a Mutant with a concrete helmet we got in X3.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    The Hellfire Club is boring. Mister Sinister is ridiculous. The Brotherhood is led by Toad, a cool character with crap powers. The Acolytes are led by Exodus, a crap character with cool powers. Onslaught needs too much build up. Count Nefaria is two bit. Moses Magnum is three bit. The Brood will be seen as a ripoff. Stryfe is a mess. The Technarch/Phalanx is confusing.

I want the central conflict of the first MCU X-Men movie to be between Storm, who wants the X-Men to focus on overt superheroic action with a positive message, and Nightcrawler, who prefers the X-Men to be a covert rescue and sanctuary organization to protect mutants. Clearly the X-Men is both, but it’s about them realizing that and working together.

Jubilee is important because her powers are neither combat(Storm) or covert(Nightcrawler).
    All the others are crap but you want losers like Mojo, Arcade, Azazel, and Krakoa? Those guys are all bottom of the barrel. That and Jubilee is not the least bit important.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post

Genosha-Mojo-Arcade? What's the link?
    When I think about X-Men films I don't think of them as separate installments, but as a cohesive story with a build up. That's what the MCU have been doing all along and that's what I expect them to do!

I, for one, would love to see an adaptation of Annihilation, but as an MCU team-up. It could come from the second Annihilation wave -- that way, it can use Ultron (Avengers), outer space (the Guardians), the Phalanx (the X-Men).

While it's true the X-Men never played a big role in any of the Annihilation stories, the Phalanx + Ultron were the big bads of Annihilation: Conquest, and that's a brilliant team-up.

Of course, the first wave by Annihilus is probably more than enough, and it comes from a better story (imo). It's just that Conquest seemed to try reach other corners of the Marvel Universe, and I appreciates that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    All the others are crap but you want losers like Mojo, Arcade, Azazel, and Krakoa?
    Yeah we got Disney money now with Disney goals. Sell toys. Go nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I, for one, would love to see an adaptation of Annihilation, but as an MCU team-up. It could come from the second Annihilation wave -- that way, it can use Ultron (Avengers), outer space (the Guardians), the Phalanx (the X-Men).

While it's true the X-Men never played a big role in any of the Annihilation stories, the Phalanx + Ultron were the big bads of Annihilation: Conquest, and that's a brilliant team-up.

Of course, the first wave by Annihilus is probably more than enough, and it comes from a better story (imo). It's just that Conquest seemed to try reach other corners of the Marvel Universe, and I appreciates that.
    I feel like Annihilus is inevitable going forward. Even more so then Kang