Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Yeah. It's kind of hard to reconcile that kind of environmentalism with being a big name hunter.
    Except legal hunting in places like Africa saves animals. They are able to fund the protection they need against poachers by letting rich assholes come and kill a lion or giraffe for alot of money. If you love animal its problematic but its what's helping save those animals. Also u have over population of certain animals in certain places. Being A hunter doesnt make u evil by any stretch of the imagination. Depends what kinda hunter Kraven is depicted to be. If he sees spiderman as something that can be hunted or Black Panther hes definetly a bad guy lol

Kraven's the Honorable Warrior villain archetype or could be depending on how you write him. He is fighting Spidey for the fight itself not a personal grudge or larger monetary gain. I remember an episode in the 90s TAS where Kraven teams up with Spidey so you could play that angle of the character. Or have him start out sympathethic/noble but become a villain by the end of his movie.

Instead of Kraven I rather do a Doc Ock movie.

Hugh Jackman being Kraven could be fun tho. I thought of him and Chameleon in the same movie as they are competing with each other over who defeats Spiderman. Kraven attack him as Spiderman while Chameleon goes after Peter Parker.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I've always thought introducing Kraven made the most sense as a secondary antagonist that was brought in to hunt the main antagonist (Lizard or somebody of that ilk) with Spiderman in the middle trying to stop them both.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I have always seen Kraven as more a glory hound who craves attention more than some honorable hunter. I could really see Jackman running with that given the chance. Playing to cameras and social media and worrying about his image and brand all the while trying to literally hunt and kill someone.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I have always seen Kraven as more a glory hound who craves attention more than some honorable hunter. I could really see Jackman running with that given the chance. Playing to cameras and social media and worrying about his image and brand all the while trying to literally hunt and kill someone.
    Basically the Ultimate version?

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Except legal hunting in places like Africa saves animals. They are able to fund the protection they need against poachers by letting rich assholes come and kill a lion or giraffe for alot of money. If you love animal its problematic but its what's helping save those animals. Also u have over population of certain animals in certain places. Being A hunter doesnt make u evil by any stretch of the imagination. Depends what kinda hunter Kraven is depicted to be. If he sees spiderman as something that can be hunted or Black Panther hes definetly a bad guy lol
    Sorry, I meant big game hunter, not big name hunter. But there's a difference between hunting wolves off your land or deer for food, and hunting endangered rhinos and lions.

Kraven's not one to hunt for the sake of saving ecosystems. Kraven is most known for the latter. Heck, one of the major reasons why he tries to hunt Spider-Man is because Spidey is one-of-a-kind.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    That's my biggest concern. I'm excited to see how the X-Men would interact with the broader Marvel universe, provided they're still treated as outsiders. The thing that worries me the most is how the MCU handled Spider-Man. Lost any sense that he felt alienated from his superhero peers. The X-Men, of course, are alienated for different reasons, but it's very important that they not feel entirely comfortable with mainstream Marvel heroes.

I share this concerns too. I have this eerie prediction, Marvel is going rule out mutants being alienated from the public. its a though thing to sell to their audience not to mention a problem for the cinematic appeal. if we look at other movies it is easier to believe Avengers and MCU characters don't exist in Days Of Future Past and Logan timelines. Mutants just there alone striving for what is left from humanity is a more powerful piece of story. Putting the GOTG joke making bunch and the fun Avengers will be too much of a derailment for what is means to be a Mutant and an X-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    I share this concerns too. I have this eerie prediction, Marvel is going rule out mutants being alienated from the public. its a though thing to sell to their audience not to mention a problem for the cinematic appeal. if we look at other movies it is easier to believe Avengers and MCU characters don't exist in Days Of Future Past and Logan timelines. Mutants just there alone striving for what is left from humanity is a more powerful piece of story. Putting the GOTG joke making bunch and the fun Avengers will be too much of a derailment for what is means to be a Mutant and an X-Man.
    Even the Avengers have been alienated by the public in the films and the X-Men have a sense of humor and the MCU knows how to balance humor and seriousness no one left Infinity War laughing I mean one of the last scenes was a 16 year old kid crying "Oh God Oh God I don't want to go" then turning to ash.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Even the Avengers have been alienated by the public in the films and the X-Men have a sense of humor and the MCU knows how to balance humor and seriousness no one left Infinity War laughing I mean one of the last scenes was a 16 year old kid crying "Oh God Oh God I don't want to go" then turning to ash.
    Mutants are alienated by the public for different reasons usually something deeply dealt with in X-Men without no resolution X-Men has a sense of humour. I do laugh at some things in X-Men but I don't act as if X-Men has the MCU sense of humour. MCU is known for their comedy. X-Men is known for their drama and allegory. Can you stop brining up infinity war as if it is a film that is suppose to be impressive to us? no one was laughing either after X2, its not as if X2 and Infinity War are the identical movies.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Mutants are alienated by the public for different reasons usually something deeply dealt with in X-Men without no resolution X-Men has a sense of humour. I do laugh at some things in X-Men but I don't act as if X-Men has the MCU sense of humour. MCU is known for their comedy. X-Men is known for their drama and allegory. Can you stop brining up infinity war as if it is a film that is suppose to be impressive to us? no one was laughing either after X2, its not as if X2 and Infinity War are the identical movies.
    I'm agreed with your thoughts on how X-Men should be different, tonally, from the rest of the MCU.

The Avengers are dealing with approval ratings based on what they do or fail to do. The X-Men deal with extermination based on who they are. That's why, as you pointed out, the first X-Men film opens in a Nazi concentration camp.

The problem is, as we've seen sometimes in the comics, there's a danger that when they interact and become comfortable the Avengers brand benefits but the X-Men's tone is diluted. I'm not saying they shouldn't interact, just that there should always be underlying tension based on radically different life experiences.

So are you against the X-Men being in Deadpool who films are way more known for humor than the MCU?

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Basically the Ultimate version?
    Sort of yeah just better written. To me that was very true version of what the character would be like if created today.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I'm agreed with your thoughts on how X-Men should be different, tonally, from the rest of the MCU.

The Avengers are dealing with approval ratings based on what they do or fail to do. The X-Men deal with extermination based on who they are. That's why, as you pointed out, the first X-Men film opens in a Nazi concentration camp.

The problem is, as we've seen sometimes in the comics, there's a danger that when they interact and become comfortable the Avengers brand benefits but the X-Men's tone is diluted. I'm not saying they shouldn't interact, just that there should always be underlying tension based on radically different life experiences.
    Interactions should be limited I mean as over used as he is Wolverine is the only character who I feel like interacts with the outside Hero world effectively on a regular basis. The rest should only have to in small doses. But I dont get the whole argument that because the avengers are accepted for the most part that it makes mutants being hated not Male sense. The avengers are associated with captain America and Tony Stark. Not to mention the Sheild or another government agency. It gives them some credibility. Also they are freaks of nature,usually one off accidents or a God lol. Not the next step in evolution who hate monger are getting people worked up over claiming they are here to replace mankind. Also there is alot of them and they can be anywhere and anyone. There are ways to make it work for sure. The issue is you gotta explain why someone like Captain America isnt constantly trying to intervene on they're behalf. Caps whole deal in the MCU is he hates bullies lol. But you dont want him/Stark/Thor etc... always putting they're noses in the Xmen movies. You could say that of a laws passed and the american people spoke that they would stay out of it. But caps and half the avengers already showed that wouldnt matter over doing what they thinks right. So it's kinda like when u wonder where superman is when Batmans struggling to save Gotham and million of lives are in dsmanget. Guess you kinda just gotta say the avengers arent getting involved because it's a Xmen story and u dont wanna over shadow them. Could still work Feigie has made much harder things work in the MCU. Infinity war melted tones from different MCU movies into one and people loved it
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 11-28-2018 at 06:21 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    So are you against the X-Men being in Deadpool who films are way more known for humor than the MCU?
    In fairness, Deadpool's humor was pretty bleak at the best of times.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    In fairness, Deadpool's humor was pretty bleak at the best of times.
    Not really. If you're saying using deaths as jokes, even MCU does that.