Page 61 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162636465 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Steve volunteered to be a super soldier, but once complete, the military decided to instead turn him into an advertising prop to sell bonds. He wanted to sacrifice himself to save lives, but he was just a collection plate to keep the war going.
    That's not a betrayal but facts they thought one Super Soldier couldn't win the war but could sell bonds which the Senator wasn't lying was the most important part to the war effort for victory. Real world example in the Navy the most important ships weren't destroyers, battle ships, or aircraft carriers but Liberty Ships which were cheap and easy to mass produced being built in weeks and even days in some cases the Liberty Ships were literally being produced faster the Germans could sink them and thus getting supplies to the soldiers all over the globe.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Technically those bonds ARE aiding the military.
    Tell that to the Steve Rogers that jumped on a grenade to save his platoon. Your argument is the same one used by the generals in the movie, and they were portrayed as the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Except when it’s irrational guilt. You have people in the movie telling him it’s not his fault and they are right, it isn’t. But Steve blames himself for simply failing/not being good enough.

*Don’t*

I mean.
    In TFA he moved on after Peggy gave him his pep talk the guilt didn't come into play again until he learned Bucky survived and again that's Winter Soldier not TFA I'm comparing CM and TFA only and said in my original post on this Steve's development happened in later films.

Back to X-Men, I really hope the writers spend the time and dig into the ethical predicaments that drive each character. Wolverine was the only one who got a successful character exploration, and mutants are chock full of cinematic angst.

Steve volunteered to be a super soldier, but once complete, the military decided to instead turn him into an advertising prop to sell bonds. He wanted to sacrifice himself to save lives, but he was just a collection plate to keep the war going.
    It was because they wanted a unit of SS not just one guy. So they used him as a propaganda tool. He wasnt betrayed. And in TWS he never really trusted Nick or Shield.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 03-27-2019 at 09:01 PM.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    In TFA he moved on after Peggy gave him his pep talk the guilt didn't come into play again until he learned Bucky survived and again that's Winter Soldier not TFA I'm comparing CM and TFA only and said in my original post on this Steve's development happened in later films.
    Did he though? He never actually tell Peggy that she is right and makes the same depressed face throughout the entire scene.

Tell that to the Steve Rogers that jumped on a grenade to save his platoon. Your argument is the same one used by the generals in the movie, and they were portrayed as the problem.
    Except the Generals are right. Steve may be awesome but he's not Superman. He is not a one man army. He cannot defeat the Axis. You know what can ? Guns, tanks and battleships all of which cost money that Warbonds can aid. Its just thats boring so the plot gives him a super nazi organisation to hunt down instead of just throwing a hundred shermans at it.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Except the Generals are right. Steve may be awesome but he's not Superman. He is not a one man army. He cannot defeat the Axis. You know what can ? Guns, tanks and battleships all of which cost money that Warbonds can aid. Its just thats boring so the plot gives him a super nazi organisation to hunt down instead of just throwing a hundred shermans at it.

Ya'll writing a book on WW2? I thought we were talking about the motivations and trials of a character in a series of movies.

I get it's the bruh thing to be contrarian to the point of inconsequence but there's really nothing to be gained from adding to this dogpile.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Back to X-Men, I really hope the writers spend the time and dig into the ethical predicaments that drive each character. Wolverine was the only one who got a successful character exploration, and mutants are chock full of cinematic angst.
    Idk if it's possible in movie one.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Ya'll writing a book on WW2? I thought we were talking about the motivations and trials of a character in a series of movies.

I get it's the bruh thing to be contrarian to the point of inconsequence but there's really nothing to be gained from adding to this dogpile.
    Naw they just pointing out that they don't think the military betrayed Steve or were the bad guys. As soon as he proved he could be valuable he got his own unit. Prior they were doing what they thought helped the most.... until Cap single handedly free'd a encampment and then got his commandos.

Anyway as far as Xmen I agree that Wolverine was the only Xmen that j felt got really fleshed out. And even that i think wasnt handled the best. So be nice to get fully fleshed out characters.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Endgame might do 800m opening weekend? God... I can't wait for Disney to make the X-MEN great again!
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Naw they just pointing out that they don't think the military betrayed Steve or were the bad guys. As soon as he proved he could be valuable he got his own unit. Prior they were doing what they thought helped the most.... until Cap single handedly free'd a encampment and then got his commandos.

Anyway as far as Xmen I agree that Wolverine was the only Xmen that j felt got really fleshed out. And even that i think wasnt handled the best. So be nice to get fully fleshed out characters.
    More or less

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Endgame might do 800m opening weekend? God... I can't wait for Disney to make the X-MEN great again!
    800 Million Holy Schnikes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    By Mary Sue I mean a character without flaws.Y She didn’t have any real struggle in the movie, just an obstacle involving getting her memory back. Which they could have done more with like the New She-Ra series which basically had the same plot and had the protagonist founding it hard to let go of a comrade.
    You turn her from a Mary Sue to a plot device. I fail to see how this is a step forward.

You’re saying the title character from Netflix’ She-Ra and the Princesses of Power was a plot device?