Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17576364656667
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    It's true Sony butchered the continuity of their franchise. Just saying the MCU might want to distance itself from all that and let it sink in that this is an all new X-Men.
    Pretty sure Sony had no influence on the X-Men continuity at all

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    It's true Sony butchered the continuity of their franchise. Just saying the MCU might want to distance itself from all that and let it sink in that this is an all new X-Men.
    Fox not Sony. Sony was smart enough to reboot when things got bad

Edit: AJ beat me to it

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I don't think anyone wants a MOS situation where an X-Men movie comes out a year after the Fox franchise ends. So they're probably being cautious about it. I would recommend maybe a Wolverine stand alone movie where at the end he meets Prof. X as an introduction. Or an Avengers movie where the post-credits scene is Fury meeting with Prof. X as an "old friend". They don't need to have a movie in the works but just establish they exist in that universe.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I don't think anyone wants a MOS situation where an X-Men movie comes out a year after the Fox franchise ends. So they're probably being cautious about it. I would recommend maybe a Wolverine stand alone movie where at the end he meets Prof. X as an introduction. Or an Avengers movie where the post-credits scene is Fury meeting with Prof. X as an "old friend". They don't need to have a movie in the works but just establish they exist in that universe.
    Mos came out a year after ANOTHER superman franchise ended? I'm lost think I'm misreading this

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Mos came out a year after ANOTHER superman franchise ended? I'm lost think I'm misreading this
    It came out a year after the Nolan Batman movies ended. So you go from one universe with a Batman in it to another one that was going to have another Batman in it. I think it was well established by the time that MOS came out that it was going to be a shared universe. Perhaps a better example would be the difference between Batman Begins and Superman Returns. Two DC movies that take place in two different universes. Supposedly. Sorry for the confusion.
    Assassinate Putin!

It came out a year after the Nolan Batman movies ended. So you go from one universe with a Batman in it to another one that was going to have another Batman in it. I think it was well established by the time that MOS came out that it was going to be a shared universe. Perhaps a better example would be the difference between Batman Begins and Superman Returns. Two DC movies that take place in two different universes. Supposedly. Sorry for the confusion.
    Yea I don't think those were issue it was how decisive the movies were. Honestly while people bitched about Batman killing people Affleks batman was one of the things that got the most praise. Spiderman gets rebooted quick and look how huge Homecoming was meanwhile Sony doing a adjacent spidermanless Spiderverse. I feel like it's more about the quality then the time gap. It's not that people are confused it's that when you rush a movie out so soon the quality takes a knock.
    Also Superman returns and Nolans trilogy were never gonna be related and I dont think anyone was thinking these separate characters were crossing over. It wasnt till after that Marvel started conditioning us to think like that with Films. Superman returns was just boring while Batman Begins was a good movie. Marvel doesnt need to let the Xmen sit I dont think. What they need to do is plan out they're reveal and incorporate them organically and not half assed like other movies. What BvS did with the computer files on the Justice League was a good example of what not to do. I feel like Wonder Womans presence was way more organic and thought out in that movie.. so Marvel should wait 5years if that's what it takes to organically introduce an Xmen film. In the mean time individual characters can pop up places where they fit.

Extraordinary Member

That's right Fox it was Fox damn lol.

Neither of those things are really relevant. Nobody was confused by the worlds and MoS didn't hurt anything going in fact,The foundation of most successful DC movies to date Wonder Woman,Aquaman, and Shazam are from that movie basically. How fast reboot something doesn't matter unless you are telling the same story that is only time I have seen that something needs to breath. Sony Amazing Spiderman reboot partial didn't work because they were doing the same things we saw in previous one ;his origin,uncle Ben death,setting up the Green Goblin. And Spiderman Homecoming was super quick turn around from Amazing Spiderman and it didn't matter because they didn't tell the same story and it was good.

Space helps I am not denying that I am just saying that if you match quality of previous thing it does not matter how soon reboot or continuation is brought out. But it is moot point because we have about 3 years of movies for Marvel in the pipeline and Feige doesn't sound like he is hurry to add X-men or FF.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 04-14-2019 at 09:53 PM.