Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The four hobbits are now accompanied by...

The four hobbits from Lord of the Rings are now accompanied (instead of Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, Boromir and Gandalf) by the film versions Batman (Bale), Bullseye, Achilles (Pitt), Jack Sparrow and Harry Potter.

- Do they survive the Mines of Moria?
    - Does the group survive the final battle in Fellowship of the Ring?
    - Do they lose track of Frodo?
    - Do they survive the warg scouting party attack?
    - Does the group survive the battle at Helms Deep?
    - Does the group win the siege of White City?
    - Is the ring destroyed?

Stipulation: Batman has no transport. Achilles also wields Anduil. Sparrow has infinite bullets. The killing curse works on orcs, goblins and uruk-hai. Other than that, standard gear for everyone.

They don’t get through Moria, because Harry isn’t taking the Balrog (and nor is anyone else here).

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Everyone kills each other over The One Ring like, five seconds in. I suspect Bullseye wins it.

Baleman is one hundred percent down with authoritarian tactics and will absolutely want to use the weapon of the enemy here.

Achilles, Bullseye, and Jack Sparrow are... themselves. Slim possibility that Achilles is just too outright proud to use it.

Harry... okay I don't actually know Harry that well.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

...was going to comment, but BitVyper hit the essentials.

I'm assuming this is movie version of Lord of the Rings, due to 'Warg scouting party'?

...also, Andúril.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

- Do they survive the Mines of Moria?

Not a chance in hell they get past the Balrog

- Does the group survive the final battle in Fellowship of the Ring?

I'm assuming the ring hasn't turned anyone here... I could see the group racking up a high kill count, especially Achilles as long as that Urukai doesn't shoot him in the ankle. Balbats and Jack probably die. I'm not sure what level we are putting Potter but he probably gets overwhelmed too.

- Do they lose track of Frodo?

If Achilles lets him go ala Aragorn... sure?

- Do they survive the warg scouting party attack?

Sure

- Does the group survive the battle at Helms Deep?

Do the elves still come?

- Does the group win the siege of White City?

Who the hell stops the Witch King?

- Is the ring destroyed?

Only if Potter aparates with the ring into volcano and Eru gently shoves him off the cliff
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Everyone's talking about the Balrog, but are they even going to get IN to Moria in the first place? I don't think any of the hobbits could even read elf, and no one here actually knows about it or where the entrance is.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Everyone's talking about the Balrog, but are they even going to get IN to Moria in the first place? I don't think any of the hobbits could even read elf, and no one here actually knows about it or where the entrance is.
    They'll have to trek over it as first planned, or head south (the alternate plan). The first is...possible, as there are hints that the only reason the storms really became bad was because Gandalf let everyone know he was around (don't know if the movies noted this, and this is apparently movie-canon, so maybe not?). It's possible, again, but extremely difficult.

The south trip has its own hazards, the main one being passing too close to Orthanc.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

In any case, insanely-homicidal movie Bullseye most certainly precipitates some kind of massacre in the group (even without the Ring's influence), very quickly, and it never gets that far.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    In any case, insanely-homicidal movie Bullseye most certainly precipitates some kind of massacre in the group (even without the Ring's influence), very quickly, and it never gets that far.
    5 minutes outside Rivendel

Bullseye starts throwing rocks at heads.

Achilles kills him

walks back to rivendel

"so who is going with me now"

no one volunteers

"and that is why nobody will remember your name"

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    It’s a fair point.

I just took it very literally as phrased in the OP, ie. can they get through Moria (not whether they could get into the mines at all).

Well if they can't open the door, it's pretty well tentacle time, isn't it ?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Well if they can't open the door, it's pretty well tentacle time, isn't it ?
    If they decide to take that route, yes, the Watcher gets them.

Again, I don't see them getting that far due to things dissolving into a massive kill-storm within the first few days (hours?) of the journey.
    Why are we here?

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    If they decide to take that route, yes, the Watcher gets them.

Again, I don't see them getting that far due to things dissolving into a massive kill-storm within the first few days (hours?) of the journey.
    how does LotR magic work in regards to magic doors anyway?

Could Harry magic his way past it?

(pretending they make it to the door)

how many people can Harry Teleport with at one time anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    how does LotR magic work in regards to magic doors anyway?

Could Harry magic his way past it?]
    If Harry's magic is more powerful than the creations of a guy who makes Rings that essentially stall the effects of time over a large area, then I'm pretty sure he can get past the doors.

That's Celebrimbor, the dude who helped with the creation of the Rings of Power and used Sauron's blueprints to make the Three Rings all by himself.

how many people can Harry Teleport with at one time anyway?
    If he can teleport his way past the doors, then sure. It's a blind teleport, but maybe that's a thing in Harry Potter, I'm not very familiar with the series (read once, watched the movies).
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 11-07-2018 at 12:50 PM.
    Why are we here?