Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Default Your Favourite Marvel Title Graphic/Logo

Title graphics are an underappreciated aspect of comic book covers in my opinion. In an ocean of long-running magazines with constantly shifting artists, the title graphic of a book can be the only consistent visual identifier it has for more than a few months at a time. The difference between a bad graphic, and an acceptable one can mean the difference between a book living or dying. The great ones can be spotted from 50 Metres away on a crowded shelf.

So if everyone would please, show off your favourite Marvel title graphic, and tell us why you like it.

Now just about everybody knows I've been a Runaways fan since I picked it up as a teenager. It's gone through fairly substantial shifts in quality as well as publication over the years, but the original title graphic that has largely remained unchanged has never stopped being great. It's easily distinguishable without being overly complex, thematically appropriate, and versatile. It works in many colour combinations, and slight variations. I feel like I've always been able to spot it from a mile away.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 11-10-2018 at 05:07 PM.

I also very much liked the logo, and magazine dressing for the original Ultimate line. Ultimate X-Men was probably the best IMO. I wish fewer covers had the motion blur on them however, but they're a product of the time. Not everyone liked the columns, but the cover artists were never trapped by them, and often created a neat barrier between fore/middle/background elements.

Last edited by Personamanx; 11-10-2018 at 06:40 PM.

marvel logo1.jpg
    I really enjoyed the Michelinie/JRJR/Layton era of Iron Man.

marvel logo2.jpg
    I really enjoyed the Walt Simonson era of Mighty Thor.

marvel logo3.jpg
    I know many won't agree, but I enjoyed the 90's era of Ghost Rider.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 11-10-2018 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Added a few words.

I like this Black Panther logo that was first used for his Marvel Knights series back in 1998 and has been used on and off as his logo ever since then:

BlackPantherLogo.jpg

E4811C1B-467A-4E7B-9F24-266B8434C21B.gif

Like everything else about this run, the masthead was smart.

Astonishing Member

The Amazing Spider-Man Logo is my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    marvel logo1.jpg
    I really enjoyed the Michelinie/JRJR/Layton era of Iron Man.

marvel logo3.jpg
    I know many won't agree, but I enjoyed the 90's era of Ghost Rider.
    Of course I loved this run on Iron Man as well, but I am completely with you on 90's Ghost Rider. Absolutely enjoyed it.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 11-11-2018 at 12:40 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

The Avengers arrow A logo is a classic. The original Avengers logo hasn't aged well, but the first version of the arrow A has, and that'll be why they brought it back in the 90s, and have stuck with it since with minor refinements.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

These are definitely my favorites.

Really like the Extremis/Fraction-era Iron Man logo

Last edited by cc008; 11-11-2018 at 05:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Really like the Extremis/Fraction-era Iron Man logo

This is pretty much my favorite as well. It just pops out at you.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I would say this one:
    Fantastic_Four_Logo.jpg

I'm loving the nice range of classics, and more modern graphics people dig. It shows how some have been able to stand the test of time, and that there's still plenty of design innovation in the present.

I love the "Unbelievable Gwenpool" title graphic. It makes good use of the colour in the character's outfit without relying too much on the pink. Getting lost in cover art isn't usually an issue, but in a jam all it needs is a decent stroke or outer glow applied to it.