Default Dealing with characters who can beat the Cthulhu Mythos

What characters would you love to see beat down the Cthulhu Mythos and everything in it? This threads question comes in two types:

Character who can beat the Cthulhu Mythos who'd you love to see beat it, and characters who you can't say can really do it in your head that you love to see pull it off.

For me Doctor Strange is the guy I throw at the Cthulhu Mythos.

Strange already deals with Lovecraft just in those cases it’s Shuma Gorath.

The Persona/ Shin whatever casts could deal with them, as in a Persona 2 the true final enemy is Nyeabthelio himself.

In Castlevania: Symphony of the night, Cthulhu is just a palette swap enemy.

And yes I love it when beings beatbthe Mythos. Ultra Man against Cthulhu would be fun.

Astonishing Member

Spectre easily did in a crossover with Dr. Fate.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I mean, the whole mythos is a tall order.

Taking on Cthulhu is one thing, but taking on say... an actually motivated Nyarlahotep is quite another.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I mean, the whole mythos is a tall order.

Taking on Cthulhu is one thing, but taking on say... an actually motivated Nyarlahotep is quite another.
    Which is why Persona 2 gets a special place in my heart. Because the cast does just that.

And yeah I am tired of Cthulhu being the main tier listed. He is not a God, just a really evolved, ancient priest thing from another world. There are four true Deities in mythos.

N and The beast of a thousand young I believe can be defeated.

Yog? Oh hell no unless you got crazy time displacement shengians ( as he is time. Literally.)

And Azathoth? He top tier of mythos and only a select few beings I can picture having a chance.

? Aquaman potentially, just came up here - https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post4015880

Err but the Mythos man. I mean Azathoths first move when awaken is to cause a multiversal Big Bang Of atomic energy.

So only choices are something that kills a world sized mass of flesh before wake up, or can survive said explosion and keep fighting.

He's invulnerable to the enormous pressure at extraordinary depths, so not just a regular flesh. Also I believe amphibian regenerative powers.
    Last edited by Güicho; 11-11-2018 at 05:45 PM.

Astonishing Member

Being a fish at enormous depths doesn't mean you are tough in the comics invulnerable sense. Many regular flesh critters do just fine down there.

Wouldn't a character that can beat down the Lovecraftian mythos effectively defeat the purpose of being an actor in a setting characterized by incomprehensible, unknowable evil which goes against the mortal perception of a natural order of things?

That being said, the various monsters and lower level creatures can be dealt with just fine. Contemporary chemical waste being dumped into the oceans (ie: agricultural runoff) probably destroyed the civilization of Deep Ones accidentally by now.