Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    And by the same logic I have never liked the idea that Superman is treated as just a human with the ability to absorb and channel solar energy. I prefer that his powers be the result of having a body that is physically different, so that no matter where you are in the universe Kryptonians and humans are always different at a baseline level of power.
    I guess the basis for this is the source of power for the Krytonians.

If all Superma's powers are born of exposure to yellow sun, then it makes sense that he can lose his powers.

One problem seems to be that writers have different ideas about Kryptonian physiology. Some seem to think that Kryptonians are stronger than humans, but others think Kryptonians are the same as humans.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    One problem seems to be that writers have different ideas about Kryptonian physiology. Some seem to think that Kryptonians are stronger than humans, but others think Kryptonians are the same as humans.
    This. A lot of the Superman mythos fluctuate from writer to writer and even a writer's story arcs. Krypton was originally supposed to be a larger planet with higher gravity so Kryptonians would be naturally denser than human. Most writers today just ignore what Krypton is/was/should be so how Superman would exist in his true native environment would vary from writer to writer as well.

Would Superman be dumber than the regular Kryptonian given his 20th/21st century Earth education (as of late, his intelligence seem to be tied to perfect recall due to yellow sun). If Krypton is larger than Earth would Kal have a hard time moving about as he would feel the heavier gravity or would his body be the perfect Kryptonian specimen having been perfected by exposure to years of empowering yellow sun?

Kon93

I dont see kryptonians being super ON krypton,but because they are from krypton anywhere off planet they go they would be SUPER.then under a yellow sun,gods.

He can be just as possibly intelligent as any other kryptonian,the difference is he hasn't learned what they have,not so much he is dumber than they are.

He should feel the difference walking around krypton from his time on earth,and at 1st it would feel sluggish,but over time it should feel natural to her.kinda like how someone who starts jogging will be winded and maybe in pain,but over time they will be able to go the distance with ease