Default Ogami Itto vs. Captain America

Chance encounter on the roads of Feudal Japan.

Speed Equalized. Because Magneto.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Oh, hm. Speed Equalized makes the whole unbreakable shield thing a lot more valuable here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Oh, hm. Speed Equalized makes the whole unbreakable shield thing a lot more valuable here.
    Maybe I'm crazy, but I figured Steve would have the speed advantage typically?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Itto is pretty crazy fast. In fact it’s part of the reason he takes out so many of his foes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Itto is pretty crazy fast. In fact it’s part of the reason he takes out so many of his foes.
    Total agreement. But maneuvering between horses and spears feels a step below predicting gunfire.

....actually. IIRC he did swat an arrow or some similar projectile out of the air with his sword while riding down the side of a mountain surfing on what was basically a shopping cart. Book 1 I believe?
    - big_adventure

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I'm about 1/5th of the way through Lone Wolf and Cub (and sweet christmas there is a lot of it) and Steve is physically stronger of the two.

Ogami is a murder machine though. With speed equalised... this is actually a pretty tough call.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I'm about 1/5th of the way through Lone Wolf and Cub (and sweet christmas there is a lot of it) and Steve is physically stronger of the two.

Ogami is a murder machine though. With speed equalised... this is actually a pretty tough call.
    It's a loooot of Manga, yeah. So good though.
    - big_adventure

I have to say Cap (after a bloody and drawn out battle).
    DC, please give Jonah Hex a new solo.

Mighty Member

Cap is still noticeably stronger than Itto. given what Cap's shield throws have done... do we have any reason to believe that Itto's swords could stop it? heck, the shield might be able to slice through Itto's sword or hit with such force that it smacks right back into Itto and injures him. even if Itto gets knocked unconscious he has feats for... fighting while he's asleep? (that's the part in the story where I just gave up.)

it's not a walk in the park for Steve... but I don't see how he's actually losing this one.