Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    I think the main thing that surprises me is that Return of Wolverine 2 is so low.
    That's pretty high considering the books that kicked its ass.

Spectacular Member

I'm sure the poster didn't intend it, but the name of the thread is extremely clickbaity

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    X-23 still holding steady in the 30,000s (actually picked up about two thousand issues this month).

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    FYI, you cannot just order a variant from a distributor. You can't go to Diamond and say "order me 5000 variants of X." Variants come with a regular comic, so if you buy 50 issues of X, and the variant incentive is 1 out of 25, then you would get at most 2 variants for a total of 50 issues.
    What you're talking about is chase variants, the ones that are listed as 1:10, 1:25, 1:100 and so on. There are also regular variants where a book is printed with two or more covers, often titled cover A and cover B, etc.

But I'm not talking about either of those. I'm talking about retailer-exclusive variants. Basically, Marvel have a deal where retailers can commission their own covers (they usually employ popular cover artists like Dell'otto, Mattina, Parrillo, JSC, Adam Hughes, Mark Brooks) and as long as they order a large enough print run (the number I heard was 4000 copies) and the art gets approved, Marvel prints the books and sends them to the retailer. The retailer then sells them. Mostly through online storefronts although some retailers will sell them at conventions as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer
    Midtown isn't considered a "retailer"?
    Of course, but as I described above, the retailer-exclusive variants are only sold by the retailer(s) in question. They don't show up at Midtown or any other comic book stores. Here's an example of a retailer variant of X-Men Black #1 Emma Frost, you won't find that one at Midtown.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I mean, even Superman didn't make it into top 10. And his solo is only at issue #4.
    Superman has barely been in the top 10 for years even before Bendis.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

They holding Emma back y'all. Solo should be given especially since she's not an X-man anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    They holding Emma back y'all. Solo should be given especially since she's not an X-man anymore.
    The perfect opportunity to explore the global structure of the HFC.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    how does captain marvel keep getting solos with numbers like that???
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Scholastic Deals.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    That will continue until we see if her movie is a success or not. Before getting back the X-Men rights, they wanted to make her the main Marvel female, their wonder woman.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Emma works well in this regard because she works outside the system. Marvel just doesn't know how to handle her outside of Cyclops as a publisher. She's a definitely more of an adult/mature character and Marvel has gone back to being more aimed at kids (IMO). She is one of the most frequent X-Men given prominent roles in the MU event titles. Now really is the time for an Emma solo.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Scholastic Deals.

lololololol

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    That will continue until we see if her movie is a success or not. Before getting back the X-Men rights, they wanted to make her the main Marvel female, their wonder woman.
    true. I will say marvel is dedicated and focused on this agenda no matter how many time her books flop.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Extraordinary Member

So 23,000 for Magik. Honestly I was expecting sub-20,000 given what we knew before. Emma at 55,000. Both are probably better than the charts say, since they only have 1 day on sale being measured and digital sales aren't taken into account.

Emma at 55k -- over 50k is great for an X-book, especially during a time when the print industry is dying.

People suspicious over Emma's popularity -- where's the suspicion for the rest of the books, like Return of Wolverine?!