Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Additionally I heard people talk about X-Men Black Magneto like for a week, then nobody talked about it anymore. People are still talking about X-Men Black Emma Frost. There's also several blog articles about it, and XBE has been out a shorter amount of time than XBM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    My shop is reordering Emma issues and Emma came at the end of the month. Emma sold at the end of the month Magneto at the start. You asked you don't recall any of the black issues being reprinted. That evidence for the first issue
    thank you. mags (not emma) went thru reprints but it still doesnt seem it was because of demand.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    thank you. mags (not emma) went thru reprints but it still doesnt seem it was because of demand.
    And Emma sold more then Magneto.

Storm 1 sold 47,566 in july 2014 when sales were much better. I will be waiting to see how Emma does to compare

October 2008 31,230 for worlds apart 1
    Also
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/11...2018-tom-king/
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 11-11-2018 at 12:06 PM.

Congratulations to Emma fans.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-11-2018 at 01:21 PM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Maybe people are fans of rogue and gambit, but not the two of em together
    outside of Peter/MJ, Lois/Clark and Batman/Catwoman most romances in comics don't seem to draw much sales anymore. Specially in marvel were most couples have been treated like trash for years. Still Rogue and Gambit did better than what i expected. Outside of them i don't think any other x-men romance could hold even a mini.

Not surprising to be honest. :^)

To be expected from Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    outside of Peter/MJ, Lois/Clark and Batman/Catwoman most romances in comics don't seem to draw much sales anymore. Specially in marvel were most couples have been treated like trash for years. Still Rogue and Gambit did better than what i expected. Outside of them i don't think any other x-men romance could hold even a mini.
    Agreed. The only "romance" book that I could see probably holding up would be one with Wolverine or something.

And I also agree with what was said already, this book could've probably done better if exploited earlier, when Gambit/Rogue was more of a thing.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

BANNED

New Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix?

New Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix?
    Don't play with my dreams

Edit: i hope this doesnt derail into ships or characters bashing
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 11-11-2018 at 12:32 PM.

BANNED

It's kind of hard to care about romance at Marvel when most of the longest-running pairings are gone/went through too much crap (Jean/Scott, Black Bolt/Medusa, among others) and the recent ones don't last that much or aren't really compelling. The only ones relatively untouched are Reed and Sue. And Peter and MJ are lucky enough that Spencer and CB like them together. Mr. and Mrs. X is doing relatively well on this scenario, but it could be doing way better.

Also i wonder how much the return of wolverine and emma's book really sold. They may be on the top of the x-books but not on the top of sales of the month which can be really worrisome for all the other books. Specially Extermination, i really expected that one to be higher knowing that is the last tale of the time displaced O5
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 11-11-2018 at 12:32 PM.

I'm not really surprised the X-Men Black one shots did well, especially the Emma Frost one. Popular character, popular artist, rising star writer, and a great preview. I had no intention of getting this book and the preview swayed me completely. It was well done. Also a one shot is a small investment in a limited easy to consume event.

But I'm also not super surprised that other character focused books like Mr. & Mrs. X didn't make it, especially considering most of them aren't #1's with a ton of variants. It's difficult to get people to buy character focused books when they aren't a huge super fan of the characters to begin with. A team book will always be a better investment for a general X-fan. Shatterstar, Iceman, & Multiple Man aren't up there either. MMX is getting very good reviews and is very well written, easily on par with the other top X-books or better. But are there enough fans of both characters to sustain it, especially if casual fans are saving their money for the team books where they get more character bang for their buck? There is also the common expectation that character focused books won't impact the larger book plots enough to matter. Whether that is true remains to be seen. And I agree, there are many fans of either individual character who grew bitter and gave up on this pairing long ago and won't give it a shot no matter what. It would have exploded in the 90's at the top of their popularity. I hope it's not too little too late and wish more people would give it a read.

Honestly I have had my fill of stories about Spiderman, Superman, and Wolverine. But they have a popularity that will probably carry them at the top of sales forever. Yet how many people have been that excited to talk about Return of Wolverine? And the reviews of it and all the Hunt for Wolverine books were fairly standard, if not lukewarm. Yet there it is at the top of the sales.

BANNED

Also i wonder how much the return of wolverine and emma's book really sold. They may be on the top of the x-books but not on the top of sales of the month which can be really worrisome for all the other books. Specially Extermination, i really expected that one to be higher knowing that is the last tale of the time displaced O5
    The last stuff with the O5 was very underwhelming or meh, and blue pretty much focused on Jean and the rest of the O5 were their secondary actors, so ultimately they weren't much of the O5

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    And Emma sold more then Magneto.

Storm 1 sold 47,566 in july 2014 when sales were much better. I will be waiting to see how Emma does to compare

October 2008 31,230 for worlds apart 1
    Also
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/11...2018-tom-king/
    I hope you enjoy the wait but what does storm Solo comic have to do with emma black one shot book or any of the other ones?
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-11-2018 at 12:51 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

The last stuff with the O5 was very underwhelming or meh, and blue pretty much focused on Jean and the rest of the O5 were their secondary actors, so ultimately they weren't much of the O5
    That's sadly true. Jeen was obviously the star from the begining and tyke was the other most important, sometimes it feels like teen beast and angel were just there. Iceman was a bit more relevant but it was thanks to the developments regarding his sexuality that breathed new life to the character but that is now being carried by the adult one.
    So they really didn't do much or had any significant developments outside of Bobby
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 11-11-2018 at 12:44 PM.

Astonishing Member

This is a list of ordered by comic stores, not readers, and lacks digital(also any distributor who isn't dimond). Its important to remember a book that places lower on the list could be better returns then one that tops(ex slotts sliver surfer sold low numbers but always sold 99% orders. While spiderman may sell more but only 75% of ordered.)