Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    FYI, stores are going to order MORE books based on popularity and demand.

There's also a pirated comic site that shows X-Men Black Emma Frost is "HOT" and "TRENDING", unlike the other X-Men Black issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Strange cause I went to 5 comic book shops to get more issues and they were all sold out on the first day
    Lol keep bringing dem receipts!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Yes, and these orders are also done months in advance.
    Yup but Emma Frost black sold out and had to be reported
    so these sales are more reflective of what the retirees anticipated people would want to buy versus consumer actual purchases? these one shots dont give a gauge then of how well the titles actually did then. nice numbers but this isnt an indication truly of who purchased the books.v
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

The Red Dragon

i’m sad Rogue and Gambit are doing so poorly. I wish it did better, but the wedding didnt feel like it was rushed and not earned at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    At the distributor level, there is a stack of them left at my lcs. I see similar with the other black books who got a reorder but still on shelves.
    That happens a lot. Diamon could just manage to transfer copies but they just print it again

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    so these sales are more reflective of what the retirees anticipated people would want to buy versus consumer actual purchases? these one shots dont give a gauge then of how well the titles actually did then. nice numbers but this isnt an indication truly of who purchased the books.v
    My comic book store isn't a small store, it's always being retweeted by comic book editors.

https://www.google.ie/amp/www.thejou...l2018/%3famp=1

But if it's sold out and gone for reprinting then yeah demand was higher then what retailers requested

Additionally its in the top ten on comixology

My comic book store isn't a small store, it's always being retweeted by comic book editors.

But if it's sold out and gone for reprinting then yeah demand was higher then what retailers requested
    https://www.google.ie/amp/www.thejou...l2018/%3famp=1
    thats one store hardly representative of all comics retailers around the world. so again these numbers for all the one shots are more an indication of how well the retailers thought the books would do versus how many consumers actually purchased the book.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

thats one store hardly representative of all comics retailers around the world. so again these numbers for all the one shots are more an indication of how well the retailers thought the books would do versus how many consumers actually purchased the book.
    Well, yeah, that's with any book (although on-goings can fall into a "safe/consistent" rate of sale).

But reprints indicate a higher demand than was originally planned for.

We never know exactly how many copies ended up in consumers' hands, with any book.

I told you I went to 5 stores that day looking for more issues. I was silly to only pre order 1 issue

And several users have said it's sold out at their store at the end of October in the Emma Frost thread

It's gone for reorders so demand exceeded what they ordered

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Well, yeah, that's with any book (although on-goings can fall into a "safe/consistent" rate of sale).

But reprints indicate a higher demand than was originally planned for.
    was it announced black had to gage reprints? I dont recsll this

was it announced black had to gage reprints? I dont recsll this
    https://insidepulse.com/2018/10/18/m...ng-spider-man/

Emma sold more then Magneto

I told you I went to 5 stores that day looking for more issues. I was silly to only pre order 1 issue

And several users have said it's sold out at their store at the end of October in the Emma Frost thread

It's gone for reorders so demand exceeded what they ordered
    I'm not discounting your experience but even if 10 users said they encountered what you did, this doesn't mean all comic book stores around the world had this occur. I mean if either of these books were doing that well and went through as many re-orders that you experienced surely the titles would have cracked the top 10 or 20 at least.

that link doesnt say emma had to be reprinted.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Lol keep bringing dem receipts!
    It's fun to watch people's reaction.

I'm not discounting your experience but even if 10 users said they encountered what you did, this doesn't mean all comic book stores around the world had this occur. I mean if either of these books were doing that well and went through as many re-orders that you experienced surely the titles would have cracked the top 10 or 20 at least.
    They're $1 dearer then those other books. And secondly there are at least two events above them.

that link doesnt say emma had to be reprinted.
    My shop is reordering Emma issues and Emma came at the end of the month. Emma sold at the end of the month Magneto at the start. You asked you don't recall any of the black issues being reprinted. That evidence for the first issue