Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Upcoming Spider-Man Trade PaperbacksOmnibus/Hardcovers

Hey everyone!

Shout out to whiteshark for letting me know about some upcoming Spider-Man collections that Marvel will release. Here's the list:

- AMAZING SPIDER-MAN BY NICK SPENCER VOL. 1: BACK TO BASICS (December 11, 2018): Amazing Spider-Man (2018) #1-5, Free Comic Book Day 2018

- AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: WORLDWIDE VOL. 9 (December 18, 2018): Amazing Spider-Man (2015) #797-801

- SPIDER-MAN: BEN REILLY OMNIBUS VOL. 1 (January 9, 2019): This collects about the first three Ben Reilly ultimate collections!

- AMAZING SPIDER-MAN OMNIBUS VOL. 4 (January 2019): ASM #105-142, Giant-Sized Superheroes #1, Marvel Super-Heroes (1967) #14

- SPIDER-MAN/DOCTOR OCTOPUS: YEAR ONE (February 12, 2019): Spider-Man/Doctor Octopus: Year One #1-5

- SPIDER-MAN LOVES MARY JANE: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION VOL. 1 (March 12, 2019): Mary Jane #1-4; Mary Jane: Homecoming #1-4; Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane (2005) #1-8

- AMAZING SPIDER-MAN BY NICK SPENCER VOL. 2: FRIENDS AND FOES (March 12, 2019): Amazing Spider-Man (2018) #6-10

- SPIDER-MAN: NEW WAYS TO LIVE (April 9, 2019): Amazing Spider-Man (1999) 602-611, Spider-Man: A Chemical Romance, Spider-Man: The Root of all Annoyance, Amazing Spider-Man Presents: Anti-Venom - New Ways to Live #1-3, Amazing Spider-Man Presents: Jackpot #1-3; material from Web of Spider-Man (2009) #1, Amazing Spider-Man Family #6

- AVENGING SPIDER-MAN: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION (February 23, 2019): Avenging Spider-Man #1-15, Annual #1, Punisher (2011) #10, Daredevil (2011) #10, ASM Annual #39, Spider-Man vs. Vampires #1, material from Amazing Spider-Man (1999) #692

- SPIDER-MAN: LIGHT IN THE DARKNESS (May 7, 2019): Collecting Peter Parker: Spider-Man (1999) #20-33, Annual 2000, Amazing Spider-Man (1999) #25

- AMAZING SPIDER-MAN BY NICK SPENCER VOL. 3 (May 14, 2019): Amazing Spider-Man (2018) #11-15

- AMAZING SPIDER-MAN BY J. MICHAEL STRACYNSKI OMNIBUS VOL. 1 (May 21, 2019): ASM (1999) #30-58, 500-514, 509 Director's Cut

- AMAZING SPIDER-MAN EPIC COLLECTION VOL. 19: ASSASSIN NATION (May 28, 2019): Amazing Spider-Man #311-325, Annual 23, Amazing Spider-Man: Parallel Lives

- SPIDER-MAN: THE GAUNTLET - COMPLETE COLLECTION VOL. 1 (July 2, 2019): Dark Reign: The List - Amazing Spider-Man #1, Amazing Spider-Man (1999) #612-626, Annual #37, and material from Web of Spider-Man (2009) #2-5

- AMAZING SPIDER-MAN EPIC COLLECTION VOL. 4: THE GOBLIN LIVES (July 2, 2019): ASM #53-67, Spectacular Spider-Man Magazine #1-2, Marvel Super-Heroes #1, material from Not Brand Echh #6, 11

These are awesome upcoming trades that I'm 100% excited to get! Does anyone else know about any upcoming trades for Spidey?
    Last edited by WebSlingWonder; 11-24-2018 at 05:49 PM.

Glad to see more Epics are coming out. (Kinda wish I hadn't paid for that single Parallel Lives copy since it'll be included here.)

They are putting out a hardcover called Amazing Spider-Man by J. Michael Straczynski Omnibus Vol. 1 on May 21 (pretty spendy).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Glad to see more Epics are coming out. (Kinda wish I hadn't paid for that single Parallel Lives copy since it'll be included here.)

They are putting out a hardcover called Amazing Spider-Man by J. Michael Straczynski Omnibus Vol. 1 on May 21 (pretty spendy).
    I know that feeling! I just bought a slew of single issues of Peter Parker: Spider-Man to make a custom bind, and they quietly announce this lol

And thank you for reminding me about the Omnibus!

Astonishing Member

A re-issue of the early Paul Jenkins / Mark Buckingham run was long overdue, glad to see it in a thick collection. The original trade paperbacks were pretty scattershot, with issues skipped or out of order. Hopefully there'll be a follow-up too.

Always good to see more Epic Collections as well.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    I know that feeling! I just bought a slew of single issues of Peter Parker: Spider-Man to make a custom bind, and they quietly announce this lol
    Sometimes the upgrade can be worth it. The Parallel Lives copy I got was used and does have a spine flaw on in one place. It's also an interesting curio, I suppose.

And thank you for reminding me about the Omnibus!
    Yeah, it's something I'm debating about getting. On one hand, I have heard a lot of good stuff about the run, but it's also pretty spendy and who knows if it would get an epic collection eventually (do we know where the cutoff is for those yet?). Not to mention it probably won't have the other author's stuff from that era, which is a shame.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Sometimes the upgrade can be worth it. The Parallel Lives copy I got was used and does have a spine flaw on in one place. It's also an interesting curio, I suppose.

Yeah, it's something I'm debating about getting. On one hand, I have heard a lot of good stuff about the run, but it's also pretty spendy and who knows if it would get an epic collection eventually (do we know where the cutoff is for those yet?). Not to mention it probably won't have the other author's stuff from that era, which is a shame.
    I'm not sure what Marvel's philosophy regarding Epic Collections is going to be for runs that appeared in Complete or Ultimate Collections - JMS's run got UCs (at least half of them are out of print), then BND-Superior will soon be in Ultimate Collection form (and the whole Clone Saga is in Complete Collection form). The latest EC for ASM goes to 360 (with 10 collections still unreleased that include issues before 360), so it's gonna be awhile before they get anywhere near JMS's run, I'd think. Maybe they'll re-release the Ultimate Collections after both omnibii come out??

My guess is that eventually, Marvel will just just re-package the various Ultimate Collections as Epic Collections. You know, in 2030.

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    I'm not sure what Marvel's philosophy regarding Epic Collections is going to be for runs that appeared in Complete or Ultimate Collections - JMS's run got UCs (at least half of them are out of print), then BND-Superior will soon be in Ultimate Collection form (and the whole Clone Saga is in Complete Collection form). The latest EC for ASM goes to 360 (with 10 collections still unreleased that include issues before 360), so it's gonna be awhile before they get anywhere near JMS's run, I'd think. Maybe they'll re-release the Ultimate Collections after both omnibii come out??
    That would be awesome. After vol. 22 of the EC, there's Carnage's first appearance and right after that is Maximum Carnage for volumes 23 & 24. I'm betting they're going to fill in the gaps first before getting to those, as there are plenty of collections for those issues.

Mighty Member

That would be awesome. After vol. 22 of the EC, there's Carnage's first appearance and right after that is Maximum Carnage for volumes 23 & 24. I'm betting they're going to fill in the gaps first before getting to those, as there are plenty of collections for those issues.
    I would guess they'll go through v25 before the Clone Saga (pre-Maximum Carnage, MC, post-MC). Then there's ASM 419-441 + crossovers (maybe three volumes there), then the relaunch (three more?). So, give or take, there are 19 more as-yet-unreleased Epic Collections just to get to the start of JMS's run.

-------------------------
    More on topic, the BND-era collections continue with New Ways to Live
    https://smile.amazon.com/Spider-Man-.../dp/1302915622
    and Gauntlet p1
    https://www.hachettebookgroup.biz/ti...9781302918453/
    Without the contents, we can only guess on how many more complete collections until Big Time. Maybe three for the Gauntlet, then one for Origin of Species and OMIT?
    Last edited by bob.schoonover; 11-11-2018 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    I would guess they'll go through v25 before the Clone Saga (pre-Maximum Carnage, MC, post-MC). Then there's ASM 419-441 + crossovers (maybe three volumes there), then the relaunch (three more?). So, give or take, there are 19 more as-yet-unreleased Epic Collections just to get to the start of JMS's run.

-------------------------
    More on topic, the BND-era collections continue with New Ways to Live
    https://smile.amazon.com/Spider-Man-.../dp/1302915622
    and Gauntlet p1
    https://www.hachettebookgroup.biz/ti...9781302918453/
    Without the contents, we can only guess on how many more complete collections until Big Time. Maybe three for the Gauntlet, then one for Origin of Species and OMIT?
    Oof. That's a long way to go.
    I think Marvel is content with releasing the Epic Collections for ASM up until Clone Saga. They are still selling the two omnibus (now three with a Ben Reilly omnibus on the way) and the twelve ultimate collection paperbacks. They've got some time.

As for the relaunch...yes, that would need to be in Epic Collection. The question is..how? Would it just be ASM or ASM plus PPSM? Because Mackie wrote both until issue 20 of PPSM.

I totally forgot: there is a Spider-Man: Ben Reilly Omnibus Vol. 1 coming out in January. For those of you who hated the recent ongoing and want classic Ben as Spider-Man, this is for you!

Okay, everyone: I've found even more hidden gems thanks to some Amazonian research in upcoming Spider-Man collections. There are a lot of good books coming soon! Marvel seems to be doubling down on their ultimate collection/oversized paperback format and I'm lovin' it!

Are there any books here that you are anxious to buy?

JNice to have volumen 4 of the Epic Collection line confirmed, though I’ll have to wait a long time to buy it haha I expect it to have Spectacular Spider-Man Magazine 2, with the fight between Green Goblin and Spider-Man by Stan Lee that I don’t yet own. A title I would like to see collected, or a storyline more especifically, is Harry Osbon as Green Goblin but when DeMatteis did his story arc. Nothing against Conway, only that Harry as an antagonist was better under DeMatteis thank to the psychological traits he gave him. I have some of those stories, except Child Within and some loose issues between big turning points, and though I’ve read them, I would really like to own them all. But I would be cool with a collection of DeMatteis’ Spectacular Spider-Man too
    Last edited by Chubistian; 11-16-2018 at 10:31 AM.
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    Nice to have volumen 4 of the Epic Collection line confirmed, though I’ll have to wait a long time to buy it haha I expect it to have Spectacular Spider-Man Magazine 2, with the fight between Green Goblin and Spider-Man by Stan Lee that I don’t yet own. A title I would like to see collected, or a storyline more especifically, is Harry Osbon as Green Goblin but when DeMatteis did his story arc. Nothing against Conway, only that Harry as an antagonist was better under DeMatteis thank to the psychological treats he gave him. I have some of those stories, except Child Within and some loose issues between big turning points, and though I’ve read them, I would really like to own them all. But I would be cool with a collection of DeMatteis’ Spectacular Spider-Man too
    DeMatteis needs an ultimate collection. I'd love to read his work on SSM.

Fantastic Member

glad to see peter parker spectacular spider-man being continued since they published revenge of the green goblin and left most of those issues out of it after the next chapter vol. 1 - 3, hope they continue and finish it.

also nice to see the brand new day stuff continuing, i thought it would be as brand new day complete collection vol. 5 but New Ways to Live is good too. bring on the gauntlet complete's volume 1 and 2 next please.

epic collections are always good, just wish they'd gve us more quicker, i wanna read spider-man in order through these trades asap.
    DC: Action Comics, Batman, Batman/Superman, Batman and Robin, Batman Off World, Detective Comics, Flash, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, JG: Flash, JL vs. Godzilla, JSA, Nightwing, Shazam, Superman, Titans, Beast World

Marvel: Amazing Spider-Man, Fall of the House of X, Fantastic Four, Resurrection of Magneto, Spectacular Spider-Men, Ultimate Spider-Man, WolverineL Madripoor Knights, X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by DrewHLMW View Post
    epic collections are always good, just wish they'd gve us more quicker, i wanna read spider-man in order through these trades asap.
    Yeah, I also really want them to get to the Star Wars Epic Collection that will reprint Dark Horse's Knight Errant series.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)