Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    I'm hoping the Epics are starting points, and not the end goals. I hope that once the main series are collected, they'll start collecting the ancillary series as well.
    That could work. I guess I would've liked a single omnibus series where you could read 616 Spider-Man from beginning to end without having to flip between books or do homework to know how to alternate.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    That could work. I guess I would've liked a single omnibus series where you could read 616 Spider-Man from beginning to end without having to flip between books or do homework to know how to alternate.
    I would've liked that too. I hope that the Omnibuses start to crossover with the other Spider-titles.

Heads up, guys: the other Epic Collection was indeed volume 4! Looks like Marvel is beginning to bridge the gaps in their releases. This collects ASM #53-67, SSM Magazine #1-2, Marvel Superheroes #14, and material from Not Brand Echh #6, 11

Heads up, guys: the other Epic Collection was indeed volume 4! Looks like Marvel is beginning to bridge the gaps in their releases. This collects ASM #53-67, SSM Magazine #1-2, Marvel Superheroes #14, and material from Not Brand Echh #6, 11
    The one that excites me the most is SSM Magazine 2! I was afraid they might not publish it! It’s the only Lee’s Green Goblin story I have yet to read (not counting stories that maybe he did with the character after his original run in ASM)
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    The one that excites me the most is SSM Magazine 2! I was afraid they might not publish it! It’s the only Lee’s Green Goblin story I have yet to read (not counting stories that maybe he did with the character after his original run in ASM)
    Well you're in luck with this one!

Heads up guys: I found another Spider-Man collection for next year.

SPIDER-MAN: THE GAUNTLET - COMPLETE COLLECTION VOL. 1
    Collects: Dark Reign: The List - Amazing Spider-Man #1, Amazing Spider-Man (1999) #612-626, Annual #37, and material from Web of Spider-Man (2009) #2-5

With this trade and the Spider-Man: New Ways to Live trade, Marvel is probably finishing the BND oversized paperback collections quickly.
    Last edited by WebSlingWonder; 11-24-2018 at 05:18 PM.

Guys, great news!

There is a brand new printing of the AMAZING SPIDER-MAN OMNIBUS VOL. 1 that's coming out in April or May of this year! So if you missed out the first time, you can get it now!

Unless you already have it, in which case, awesome!

A couple more of Marvel's new "Middle School" appropriate trade paperbacks have been revealed. Alongside the already revealed Unstoppable Wasp, Spidey, and Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane, this also includes a Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Champions, Hawkeye, and Ms. Marvel.

The trades do seem to vary in regards to amount of issues in each, the Spidey one includes all 12 issues, and the SMLMJ seems like it'll be split across like 2-3 volumes. Not sure if the Miles one will be his first Ultimate or 616 arc.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/01...eye-ms-marvel/

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    A couple more of Marvel's new "Middle School" appropriate trade paperbacks have been revealed. Alongside the already revealed Unstoppable Wasp, Spidey, and Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane, this also includes a Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Champions, Hawkeye, and Ms. Marvel.

The trades do seem to vary in regards to amount of issues in each, the Spidey one includes all 12 issues, and the SMLMJ seems like it'll be split across like 2-3 volumes. Not sure if the Miles one will be his first Ultimate or 616 arc.

I'm going to guess the first five or six issues that Pichelli did.

Are these like the regular trades or those weird digest "Spider-Verse" stuff with bits and pieces of larger stories printed to cash in on the current movie?

Might want to get the Mary Jane ones if they're complete (and/or full-sized).

Not sure if the Kate Bishop series would be kid friendly and can't say I'd want to get a re-print over the original trades.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Are these like the regular trades or those weird digest "Spider-Verse" stuff with bits and pieces of larger stories printed to cash in on the current movie?

Might want to get the Mary Jane ones if they're complete (and/or full-sized).

Not sure if the Kate Bishop series would be kid friendly and can't say I'd want to get a re-print over the original trades.
    Seems like these will be digest sized similar to the Spider-Verse stuff, and the Marvel Rising trade that recently came out. I think its a really good idea, because back in the day Marvel had huge success with releasing their kid friendly books in digests, with SMLMJ, Runaways, Arana, etc. Plus they're also much cheaper in price and you get more content. Getting the complete Spidey series for like $10 is a steal. Same with the Mary Jane volumes.

I would agree the Kate Bishop series isn't as kid friendly as all the other choices, but I'd still say it's kid appropriate, there isn't that much in it in comparison to the other Hawkeye books.

I would agree the Kate Bishop series isn't as kid friendly as all the other choices, but I'd still say it's kid appropriate, there isn't that much in it in comparison to the other Hawkeye books.
    I definitely don't think it has anything really inappropriate but the audience it's aimed at seems higher then these digest-esque books are aiming for.

Seems like these will be digest sized similar to the Spider-Verse stuff, and the Marvel Rising trade that recently came out. I think its a really good idea, because back in the day Marvel had huge success with releasing their kid friendly books in digests, with SMLMJ, Runaways, Arana, etc. Plus they're also much cheaper in price and you get more content. Getting the complete Spidey series for like $10 is a steal. Same with the Mary Jane volumes.
    Dang, I hate those under-sized volumes.

Maybe? Language got kinda rough.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

Guys, great news!

There is a brand new printing of the AMAZING SPIDER-MAN OMNIBUS VOL. 1 that's coming out in April or May of this year! So if you missed out the first time, you can get it now!

Unless you already have it, in which case, awesome!
    That collects all the Stan Lee/Steve Ditko Spider-Man run, right? If so, I got it Christmas 2017. Very few left after.

Mighty Member

Hachette has started updating their catalog - one of the more interesting entries is Maximum Carnage
    https://www.hachettebookgroup.biz/ti...9781302921903/

The interesting part (at least to me) is that it's listed as Vol 25 - that means there are two epic volumes covering ASM 361-377. I'm kind of curious what they'll pad that all out with - the Hero Killers annual crossover seems obvious, maybe all the 30th anniversary backup material from WoSM 90, SSM 189 and SM 30. What else?
    Blue text denotes sarcasm